Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,347 comments
Licensing dictates how years are represented. Take for example the original Lamborghini Urus concept. When it was in FH2 it was listed as a 2012 model, which was the exact year the concept car came out. Subsequent iterations that featured the Urus concept, until its production model in FH4, were listed as model year 2014 due to licensing requests by the manufacturer. At least that's what the guy over on the now-closed Forzacentral mentioned years back.

I mean, it does, but... I know restomod model years are treated weirdly in FH5. The Singer is listed as a 1995 Porsche 911, the same year as.its base, but the Ginetta restomod we just got was listed as a 2019 car rather than by its original date back in the '60s.

The Singer is listed that way because for legal reasons all of their cars are Porsche 911s manufactured in a certain year that happen to have been modified by Singer at some point, and explicitly not a '2019 Singer 911' or whatever. That's why the car in FH5 is specifically named as a 1990 Porsche 911, with a 'subtitle' that it has been modified by Singer.

The Ginetta isn't really a restomod though, the car in all of the press photos is the personal car of Lawrence Tomlinson (owner of Ginetta) which was first road-registered in 2002. There were only two original G10s so modifying them in any way is effectively heresy - Tomlinson's car is apparently mostly a G11 roadster with a lot of reproduction G10 parts and a Ford V8 fitted to it, to make his own personal custom car. The G10 RM announcement however was for a series of brand new 2019 production continuation cars using a new chassis, Ginetta's casting of the Chevy LS or LT engine, and bodywork based on moulds taken from an original G10. I believe the car as represented in FH5 is a concept of how the G10 RM could look and drive. I don't think any have been built yet though.

Last edited:
Yeah, in reality the 3 "proper" restomods in the current game are
What they all have in common is that their exterior is visibly changed. I think this is a requirement, since if the restomod simply changes internals but is otherwise invisible, then you could do the exact same thing just with Forza upgrades. No point having the restomod in game in that case, is there?

For example, this is a really nice Mustang Boss 429 restomod, but I can't see much externally that would justify needing a separate model in Forza, over simply taking an original Boss 429 already in the game and using Forza parts on it:

1714159682787.png

Same with this CR1 Camaro. Forza parts can get us something close to this in appearance and power:
1714159802803.png

So yeah, I suspect that most US restomods will turn out not to be very useful since Forza lets us get there with upgrades.
That makes the wonderful Alfa Giulia from my previous post so awesome. That's the kind of restomod which would be amazing to have in game because it changes the original significantly in ways we can't do with Forza parts.

Edit: P.S. I really should have taken more time to look at the Eagle in FH4/FH5. That interior is almost as cool as Spyker:
1714160655999.png

But only almost. I'll have a C8 in game any day please...
1714160718771.png

Next patch please. Pretty please?

While I’m at it, you could argue that Spyker is one of the most retro of all. That interior remains amazing.

Last edited:
Yeah, in reality the 3 "proper" restomods in the current game are
What they all have in common is that their exterior is visibly changed. I think this is a requirement, since if the restomod simply changes internals but is otherwise invisible, then you could do the exact same thing just with Forza upgrades. No point having the restomod in game in that case, is there?

Edit: P.S. I really should have taken more time to look at the Eagle in FH4/FH5. That interior is almost as cool as Spyker:
View attachment 1350515

But only almost. I'll have a C8 in game any day please...
View attachment 1350518

Next patch please. Pretty please?

While I’m at it, you could argue that Spyker is one of the most retro of all. That interior remains amazing.
...okay I'll give you Spyker, those beauties absolutely do deserve a spot in Horizon at some point, and your point about restomods needing to be more than what Forza can already give us is also really sound. Hmm. That actually kinda torpedoes the restomod probability right there, since you're gonna need the Alfaholics guys to agree to have their restomods in the game and who knows what Stellantis has to say about that.

What is retro anyway?

Cars are classified by age into these three categories:
View attachment 1350398

Now my point of view is that retro is a modern reproduction of something old, but we don't know which older time period PG might consider.

For example, we have pretty retro Singer and Ginetta cars in game. But an Alfaholics would fit right in. These are supposedly classed as "restomods".
You could argue that the modern Mini and most modern muscle cars are retro too, as modern reimagining instead of cleaning up an old model but leaving the proportions (mostly intact).

So what will it be? Stuff like Singer and Alfaholics? Modern reimaginings like the Mini or the Mustang?
Here's how I'd break it up:
Vintage: 1900 - 1939
Classic: 1940 - 1979
Retro: 1980 - 1999
Modern: 2000 - 2019
Current: 2020 -

The Ferrari 458-shaped track was a blast in EventLab, especially when you reached the bonnet (or il cofano as I guess they call it) and could really open up. The AI had some trouble with the lip of the rear bumper though.

Last edited:
Back