Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,730 comments
You know, I just have so little interest in this series's new cars that I haven't even really played the game since the new series started. I got the Fulvia the first week, and that's honestly all the effort I put in. I don't think I'm biased against European cars, but I'm probably biased against these European cars.
Well, I just had a quick look in-game, and I take it back. For this week anyway. I'm going to pick up another Stratos and the Esprit. Still don't care about the rest though.

The eventlabs were very...meh. But I especially disliked the link city one. That was just awfull, driving around in S1 hyper cars. You have to keep rewinding cause you constantly keep jumping into walls or missing turns. I was glad when that race was over
Totally agree with you and @skazz bud. Compared to last week's events a huge drop off in quality in my opinion.

And yes the City Link course was designed by the Marquis de Sade himself.

19ff19df-cae0-4627-b592-96d362496532.png

Came back to the game after quite a while away to see some additions they’ve made to the props in Event Lab. The racing kerbs have been a godsend for being able to detail realistic style street circuits. There are some more props I’d like to see added, but there’s only really one big change I’d like to see them make for Event Lab to be almost perfect, and that’s being able to start your grid anywhere.

This image is from a work in progress.

Totally agree with you and @skazz bud. Compared to last week's events a huge drop off in quality in my opinion.

Hmm how bad it can be?... Not-spoiler alert: Yeah, the City Link it's really bad, among the worst Eventlab creations I've driven. Just power through it with your best AWD Lambo, get the points and never get back.

Hmm how bad it can be?... Not-spoiler alert: Yeah, the City Link it's really bad, among the worst Eventlab creations I've driven. Just power through it with your best AWD Lambo, get the points and never get back.
It's the last 10% of the course racing blind through back gardens/allotments that was the final straw for me.

It's probably quite a nice technical course in upper C or B class. But S1 is just too fast for it.

It's the last 10% of the course racing blind through back gardens/allotments that was the final straw for me.

It's probably quite a nice technical course in upper C or B class. But S1 is just too fast for it.
The start was sort of ok, but the track got worse and worse. And like @Edax 76 said: The last 10-20% are just atrocious 😖

Well this week's eventlabs were ... lacking compared to earlier in the season. I found all of them a bit crappy to be honest.
The eventlabs were very...meh. But I especially disliked the link city one. That was just awfull, driving around in S1 hyper cars. You have to keep rewinding cause you constantly keep jumping into walls or missing turns. I was glad when that race was over

The start was sort of ok, but the track got worse and worse. And like @Edax 76 said: The last 10-20% are just atrocious 😖
Oh, if only someone had warned you...

The Link City Full Throttle course is a bizarre, 1v1 highway layout with numerous sharp corners, making the S1 Class (801-900PI) Hypercars from Europe a touch uncomfortable to drive. That also applies to the signage, which is commonly false, and in our race the AI got stuck near the end of the one-lap event anyway. Win to earn a Super Wheelspin.

:lol:

Last edited:

I know bud, I know. Like I've said previously I always read your weekly write up before diving in for the week's playlist.👍

I like to complete everything if my skill levels will permit though, so I was always going to play the Eventlab. It just is surprising how that course got picked I think.

Last edited:
The only EventLab I did this week was FBMR GP 8 Ram Jam as I was four points short for the Mini FE. Once I got the car I was glad I didn't pay any money for it in the Auction House as I found it as underwhelming as it was reported to be and far less exciting to drive than the base model.

I'm still missing a few cars from the three month hiatus I took when I got burnt out on the game last year but hopefully they'll continue to dribble them out like this.

Sadly I did the Eventlabs partially because I needed 40 points this week to give someone the chance to buy the Mini FE on the AH.

On the other hand, even bad Eventlabs give us a chance to chat about the game, which is fun in and of itself.

I always read read your weekly reports but I couldn´t believe it would get this bad 😅 I try to complete everything, so I had to do this event anyway. And while I´m at it: keep up the good work @Famine I really appreciate your work 😃👍

Last edited:
I agree with everyone's sentiments about Link City. The numerous tight corners and confusing signage made me get lost several times. The last few bits of driving through the forest with numerous bushes and trees blocking your view, even in 3rd person chase cam, was ridiculous. It would not have been so bad with a slower class, like B or C.

Link City was fine until the last third of it with those trees and bushes, then I was like 'what the hell?!'
I agree with everyone's sentiments about Link City. The numerous tight corners and confusing signage made me get lost several times. The last few bits of driving through the forest with numerous bushes and trees blocking your view, even in 3rd person chase cam, was ridiculous. It would not have been so bad with a slower class, like B or C.
Honestly this is my problem with European Automotive so far; it feels like Fordzathon, where PG chose a limited set of PI and class requirements for races and PR stunts that restricted the sorta stuff you could actually use for seasonal events instead of exploring what else is technically possible with what's already in the game. Like, I remember being excited for that Series because I thought PG was going to include challenges and events that made use of all of Ford's in-game lineup--but instead they only made use of modern Fords from S1, A class and B class.

This feels similar; the GT Car and Super GT car classes are mostly European, as are both of the Track Toys classes for the most part, but instead PG decides to forego them in favor of hypercars, modern and retro supercars, and saloons from S2, S1 and A classes, with smatterings of B-class where appropriate--to the detriment of the Playlist as a whole, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Speaking of Playlist stuff, I've been doing A Small Experiment which you may have seen if you're a this-forum addict.

I've grouped together all of the playlist article threads and preview stream article thread where there is one (we missed a couple, PG squidged a couple together over Christmas) into their own Series threads - so one for S30, one for S29, one for S28 etc.

However, for S30, I've also calved out the posts from this thread specifically discussing the season's events or the series stream into that S30 thread. I had a look at doing the same for older Series but decided not to yet (also: time) just to allow time for rumination on how it looks. Personally I quite like it - it gives a better impression of the discussion around each series and it'd be easier for external bodies to garner feedback than crawling a 560-page thread that dates back to three months pre-launch :lol:

I'll do the same for S31 (as it's the most recent) after it's closed, and when I do the update preview stream for S32 (I'm guessing that'll be announced this week, for Monday 25th) it'd be good if people could post in there rather than in this thread which is meant for more General Discussion than specific discussion of things like a Series.

Back