Forza Horizon 5 PC Support/Issues Thread

So the game loads fine, and looks fine, but once you go through the intro part and come out of the festival site for the first time, I can't complete either of the missions. The barn find and the dust storm mission both soft-lock at the point of completion, and I have to task-kill the game.
That sounds like what mine does if I don't open the menu and go to the Online section and choose Horizon Solo

First couple times I started up the game it would take forever to load in from the main menu (5+ minutes) and sometimes crash as soon as I could see my car. Theres a setting in the accessibility options at the bottom i think to turn off motion/animated backgrounds in menus. This turns off the video of all the different scenery when starting to load from the main menu. Now it goes right to the real loading screen (with the horizon loading icon) and starts up in under 10 seconds.
Can you screenshot it? I don't think I have this option.

Everytime I come back into the game, I am in the first car, in my case the Corvette.
I'd expect that when I load into FH5, I'd be placed in the same car I was in when I left the game.
But no matter what car I used before quitting the game, I am back in the Corvette.

Apologies for double post. What's interesting is that Xbox turns night shadows off during racing while PC leaves them on at all times which could affect race performance at night.
Also interesting is that the article mentions a mod for enabling raytraced reflections outside of Forzavista which cohld be a literal gamechanger for PC once PG optimise the game properly.

Last edited:
Hello there, i have a low spec laptop that it played decent Forza Horizon 4. As fan of the series (from Forza Horizon 1 in XBOX 360) i bought Forza Horizon 5 (to play in the low spec) and i have a problem. In FH4 i played with PS4 control with set up for PC (and played very nice). Now it doesn't even recognise it as a controller. Does any one knows what to do? Thank you. (Compatibility problems like that was the main reason that i become console player since PS2 era)
Update: i hope that the next hot fix will done it ok..
FD2-LjCVcAIb-SE

Last edited:
This is kinda worrying.

The weird thing is I haven't suffered any of those issues except the double menu one (where sometimes when you pause it shows the "store" tab on top of the default pause tab, but if you cycle the tabs forward and back again by pressing RB then LB it fixes it so NBD) - the AI is a bit harder than it used to be but I just turned it down one step further than I used to play FH4 at, my performance is fine (not as good as FH5 but still in excess of 100fps almost all the time with the high preset except MSAA at 8x, on a GTX 1080/i7 8700k), textures are OK (I mean they have the same problem most people are reporting in that they look bad but they aren't corrupted), I've only had one crash in 30+ hours...

And yet the one serious problem I am having, which is that I flat out can't connect to Forza Life, seems to be almost unique to me because I can't see anyone else talking about the exact error message I get.

It's always uncomfortable when the issues people are having vary this much from person to person, I don't know if my issue is something I can fix or if I need to wait for PG to start patching. I've submitted a ticket but the response was "we're tracking a number of issues related to online play", like, I'm sure you are but is my issue one of the specific issues on your list or have you just read the category I've filed my ticket under and sent the automatic response based solely on that?

Can you screenshot it? I don't think I have this option.
I'll try to remember tonight but I believe its the last or second to last option in the Accessibility settings menu and is worded something like "Allow motion in background."
The weird thing is I haven't suffered any of those issues except the double menu one (where sometimes when you pause it shows the "store" tab on top of the default pause tab, but if you cycle the tabs forward and back again by pressing RB then LB it fixes it so NBD) - the AI is a bit harder than it used to be but I just turned it down one step further than I used to play FH4 at, my performance is fine (not as good as FH5 but still in excess of 100fps almost all the time with the high preset except MSAA at 8x, on a GTX 1080/i7 8700k), textures are OK (I mean they have the same problem most people are reporting in that they look bad but they aren't corrupted), I've only had one crash in 30+ hours...

And yet the one serious problem I am having, which is that I flat out can't connect to Forza Life, seems to be almost unique to me because I can't see anyone else talking about the exact error message I get.

It's always uncomfortable when the issues people are having vary this much from person to person, I don't know if my issue is something I can fix or if I need to wait for PG to start patching. I've submitted a ticket but the response was "we're tracking a number of issues related to online play", like, I'm sure you are but is my issue one of the specific issues on your list or have you just read the category I've filed my ticket under and sent the automatic response based solely on that?
So, in FH4 (MS store version) I could never connect to life unless my PC was connected directly to my cable modem (and then sometimes had to go into windows service and restart IP Helper). When plugged into my linksys wifi router there was some issue with the teredo tunneling adapter or something like that so my machine could not correctly connect to some part of the live service that was needed for multiplayer.

I have no such issue in FH5 though I bought it via Steam this time so I can't say for sure if the system has changed or if it's because something is different in the Steam versions of the game.

Interesting thing is that most of my problems went away by completely maxing out the settings. :lol: Have not seen any texture/LOD issues since. I do get the occasional crash and on starting it says I'm kicked out of the network (which it didn't) but that's it.

I use an xbox controller on my pc and am using the windows store for the game and my camera rotates to the direction that I turn with the left thumbstick and I can't get it to stop. The game is basically broken for me.

Well, my workaround no longer works. I'm sure it's that it will only output 7.1 audio which doesn't work with stereo speakers, you can test it by parking up perpendicular to a road and listening to what happens when a Drivatar drives past you: you hear the car approach, then the sound cuts out when they're in front of you and then you hear them drive away - that means it's got the left and right channels (which are the stereo speakers you've got) but the centre channel is missing. If you could set the game to output 2.0 instead of 7.1 (or maybe 5.1) audio it would mix what would've been the centre channel into the stereo pair.

I've just downloaded the free trial of Dolby Atmos and now it's working again.

Edit: So I didn't realise the online bit is supposed to be working... I had assumed it was just offline until the 9th! I get this error every time I try to connect and attempts to retry instantly fail as if it's not even trying to connect:
View attachment 1092051

Haven't figured out a fix yet, there are lots of posts about this in relation to FH4 but no solutions. Teredo is working so I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
so your audio fix for g pro x to enable surround sound not working correctly? Me too, i have logitech g pro x and sound is terrible, 0 issues with arctis 7 though.

So right now, it would appear to me that if your CPU/RAM wasn't keeping up with loading the map as you're driving (fast), you get a "Low Streaming Bandwidth" error message, the game clock doesn't stop, but all motion is stopped (but stored in memory!). You get fun stuff like this:

I'll be looking at upgrading CPU and RAM to see if this change anything.

Currently operating i5-6400K and 2x4GB DDR3

Last edited:
Anyone else finding there driving along and your car just resets and you have too pull away again, quite frequently.

New hotfix had improved performance no end - a lot less stuttering and pixelation when running around in solo, less pop ups, but still a way to go.

Was getting stutters nearing the end of the Gauntlet, I'm noticing worse performance myself, ran better pre patch for me, been new nvidia drivers out , windows update and the game update in the last couple days.

On windows 10 I could not update FH5, no update found even if I checked for it and then I could not even start the game anymore.

I got some error that say you don't own the game and trying to logout login again with my Xbox account got me this wonderful error "Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."

Did lots of restarts and nothing worked but then found "Settings -> Gaming -> Xbox Networking" a "Fix it" button that in fact did fix my problem and I could login, update and play the game again.

Is anyone in the same boat where they played past games on XBOX app via PC, and switched to Steam PC for FH5?

Just wondering if your past tunes and designs carried over to the new.

Is anyone in the same boat where they played past games on XBOX app via PC, and switched to Steam PC for FH5?

Just wondering if your past tunes and designs carried over to the new.
Not the same boat but I also can't download my tunes and liveries from Xbox One and Series S FM5,6,7 and FH3,4 to now FH5 on PC via MS-Store. Wasn't a problem to carry over FM7 tunes/liveries from XOne to XS|S.
I also got all gift cars for playing all the previous Forzas (even when the McSenna for FM5 arrived just this weekend a bit late to the party, all other cars were gifted on the first game start weeks ago).

Last edited:
Not the same boat but I also can't download my tunes and liveries from Xbox One and Series S FM5,6,7 and FH3,4 to now FH5 on PC via MS-Store. Wasn't a problem to carry over FM7 tunes/liveries from XOne to XS|S.
I also got all gift cars for playing all the previous Forzas (even when the McSenna for FM5 arrived just this weekend a bit late to the party, all other cars were gifted on the first game start weeks ago).

Same sea, different boat. High 5.

So yeah, I got the Senna so it knows I have played FH4... but now I'm wondering if it scans your PC for a game save or just simply check your account's play history.

I've submitted a ticket with MS and will report back if I hear anything useful.

Last edited:
Have to say, kind of afraid to play FH5 at the moment. The map suddenly failed to load ahead, and when I drove into the are that was still loading, the game froze and proceeded to crash so hard, my PC had a BSOD.

Have to say, kind of afraid to play FH5 at the moment. The map suddenly failed to load ahead, and when I drove into the are that was still loading, the game froze and proceeded to crash so hard, my PC had a BSOD.
If you're on Steam you could try validating the game files, not sure if there is an option with the MS Store version.

I have played a couple hours on the game now, and as you all I also witnessed several bugs, some more irritating than others.
I also have that sort of "scanning effect" in the center of my screen when I play, but I haven't tried to disable Dynamic Resolution to see if it fixes it.
A funny bug I found is that the Ford RS200 loses its rear lights when driving in the water.

And most of all, which is the most irritating, is that I bought the Premium Version on MS Store, but none of the Premium features work for me. I don't have the VIP logo beside my name, I don't have the credits bonus at the end of the races, and I can't buy/unlock/download the cars from the Car Pack. All I have is a prompt to buy the Car Pack if I try.
I haven't tried reinstalling the game (it shows as Premium in the Xbox App) but the 120GB download doesn't encourages me to.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I am unable to take proper pictures in the photomode. The focus is locked on the character, even when I focus manually elsewhere, so all the pictures are blurred/out of focus. The same goes for rolling shots, I can either focus on the character and the car is out of focus, or focus on the environment but the car is then blurred by its movement.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the General Discussion thread this game is unplayable for me now, my Xbox controller barely lets me go around corners, no matter how much I push the stick left and right it‘s just juddery on the screen and the car basically goes in a straight line and the screen is flickering quite a lot too…used to be fine and was having so much fun that it’s really disappointing the state it’s in now, even uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still no luck..Steam version

Not sure if anyone is able to help, but I play Forza Horizon 5 on Steam. The first time I played, I was prompted to sign into Xbox Live to continue on. Not wanting to have my email address be spammed full of Xbox Live emails, I decided to make a throwaway email account that I used to sign into Xbox Live so that I could play Forza (bad decision as I later realize). Now, I have forgotten the password to that throwaway account, and I am concerned that it's only a matter of time before I am unable to log into it anymore when I play the game. My question is this, for a Steam player, can I transfer my data over to another Hotmail account? Will I lose all my save data if I use a new Hotmail account? Really hoping I don't have to start from scratch

Not sure if anyone is able to help, but I play Forza Horizon 5 on Steam. The first time I played, I was prompted to sign into Xbox Live to continue on. Not wanting to have my email address be spammed full of Xbox Live emails, I decided to make a throwaway email account that I used to sign into Xbox Live so that I could play Forza (bad decision as I later realize). Now, I have forgotten the password to that throwaway account, and I am concerned that it's only a matter of time before I am unable to log into it anymore when I play the game. My question is this, for a Steam player, can I transfer my data over to another Hotmail account? Will I lose all my save data if I use a new Hotmail account? Really hoping I don't have to start from scratch
If you know the login to the Xbox live account I don't believe changing the email would make a difference. I recently changed my XBL security settings and my data is sitll intact but I play through Microsoft store. I'm not sure how the Steam versions works but if it's tied to either a Steam or XBL acc then I believe you will have to start over if you make another one.

Whenever I leave a Horizon Outpost or house or return to the open world after a race, the game freezes for a couple of seconds. This also happens during Eliminator head-to-heads, which is fun.

Also, stock decals (e.g. the Jeep logo on the back of a Trailcat) are surrounded by black boxes, as are the letters on my licence plate.

Back