Forza Horizon 5 Rumors Suggest Mexico Location

that can't ALL be for Starfield
As someone that has been dying to know more about Starfield since late 2016 a part of me wishes it was.
I love Sci-Fi and I love Bethesda's style of open world game, so a Brand New Sci-Fi IP made by Bethesda Games Studios excites me immensely.

What if Microsoft is planning on releasing both Horizon and Motorsport around the same time? and building them as a more long term project lasting the entire lifespan of the Xbox Series Console?

Well, it would certainly make some sense from a financial standpoint - launching a new game costs money that Microsoft isn't going to make back so easily (because Gamepass), and the technology behind gaming has matured to a point that it's unlikely a Forza Motorsport 8 or Forza Horizon 6 would be a huge technical leap from the previous chapters.

MFS has recently proven Microsoft's ability to deliver large expansions for a game released under a GaaS model. I don't think it would be too far out to think that Forza Horizon could carry on with (bi)-yearly new locations.

However, the new HW cars' boxart is a very tenuous proof of something like that happening anytime soon.

Where is the hype for this game? We are hours away for a new Horizon game and nobody talks bout it. Lets fire this place up, what do we expect, like how many cars, how big will be the map, will they use the new engine or the old engine with updated graphics like ray tracing, are they gonna change the wheel phycics, will the seasons still be a thing. Im hyped for the trailer and hopefully some gameplay.

Where is the hype for this game? We are hours away for a new Horizon game and nobody talks bout it. Lets fire this place up, what do we expect, like how many cars, how big will be the map, will they use the new engine or the old engine with updated graphics like ray tracing, are they gonna change the wheel phycics, will the seasons still be a thing. Im hyped for the trailer and hopefully some gameplay.
I'm hyped for FH5 as well. Everywhere else outside of GTP, everyone is excited! This place was a lot more alive when I joined back in 2015. Maybe some are mad cause I'm here? I dunno. *shrugs*

Nowadays, it's easy to not like Forza, than like it. But don't let the pessimistic get in the way of your excitement. E3 is tomorrow and FH5 is leaked to showcase there. :D

I'm hoping @Populuxe Cowboy, @Racing_Miku and the others joins us on the hype train for FH5 as well. It's around the corner! Let's get this place rockin' tomorrow man! 👍

I'm hyped for FH5 as well. Everywhere else outside of GTP, everyone is excited!
I'm hoping @Populuxe Cowboy, @Racing_Miku and the others joins us on the hype train for FH5 as well. It's around the corner! Let's get this place rockin' tomorrow man! 👍

I'm with you there, I'm super excited for tomorrow's presentation no matter what news it will hold for us. I'm still one to be pretty wary about even convincing leaks (after some very convincing leaks for Super Smash Bros. turned out to be untrue), but my hopes are as high as I will let them be for tomorrow. It's important to be excited and hopeful about your favorite franchises getting new content, but it's also just as important to keep your excitement in check so you don't accidentally set yourself up for disappointment.

That being said, I'm sure T10/PG will have some good news for us, and after the lack of it recently, I will take what I can get.

I'm with you there, I'm super excited for tomorrow's presentation no matter what news it will hold for us. I'm still one to be pretty wary about even convincing leaks (after some very convincing leaks for Super Smash Bros. turned out to be untrue), but my hopes are as high as I will let them be for tomorrow. It's important to be excited and hopeful about your favorite franchises getting new content, but it's also just as important to keep your excitement in check so you don't accidentally set yourself up for disappointment.

That being said, I'm sure T10/PG will have some good news for us, and after the lack of it recently, I will take what I can get.
Tomorrow is going to be so exciting for us all, especially when we get together to watch a stream (I've been missing some of the Forza Monthly stuff, but this year's E3 I wouldn't miss it at all). It's some of my favorite stuff to do when I log on and chat with you and others, just like now. :)👍

Maaan! I can't contain my excitement!

I'm right with you. I'm very excited for tomorrow.

I guess for the average person, FH5 isn't on their radar since it hasn't officially been confirmed.

Also the continued support for FH4 (plus recent release on steam) has definitely made the average user a little less hungry for FH5.

12ish hours till we see it in action.

Also the continued support for FH4 (plus recent release on steam) has definitely made the average user a little less hungry for FH5.

This is mostly why I'm not expecting much, they've not made it clear they're done with FH4 just yet. We don't even know what "Super 7 High Stakes" is and when it's coming, for starters... They might have decided Mexico is the next destination and we'll get some sort of tech demo or very early sneak peek, but I don't expect to see a release date or a release window tomorrow for FH5, probably nothing more than a cinematic preview like we got last year for the Motorsport reboot. In fact I don't expect a lot of Forza news tomorrow from Xbox's conference... most likely the whole thing will be centered around Bethesda exclusives and new studio acquisitions, or some sort of deal with Ubisoft and Gamepass, and obviously Halo.

I was hyped for a while but unless there's a bit of a shake-up in regards to the formula, I might not be picking up Horizon 5 at launch.

As others have said in this subforum, a new location alone won't cut it for me - especially if a new game will have the same quality of car sounds, average levels of customisation, and same type of events.

Me and a few mates grabbed Horizon 3 before it was delisted and although it's not that different compared to Horizon 4, it seemed to have some charm to it that was lacking in 4.

I might be biased because of the location, though things like the Bucket list events and better car sounds certainly made me feel that it was better than 4.

Last edited:
Latest leaks, for sure, lower hype level. We waiting for Japan location for how long? 5 years? :lol: I don't expect alot from H5 as it will be crossgen and in somewhat similar to Australia climate zone. For sure, polished version of what Horizon 4+updates has with more cars and new location could be enough. We need swan song of Horizon on 8 generation. Definitely, would be grabbed via gamepass day 1.

Last edited:
I would like to imagine that the Super 7 High Stakes would be some sort of last addition to FH4, before PG pulls the plug on it for good to make way for FH5. I'm crossing my fingers FH5 will release this year. Heck, I'm even going to bet on it to release this year, especially if its cross gen. If it's next gen though, that would be insane! Xbox is said to be VERY popular in Mexico, and with FH5 rumoured to be set there, I also imagine MS would not want to miss this opportunity to get FH5 out there alongside Halo Infinite.

Not only that, but it will also add excitement to Forza Monthly as well, such as adding one or two last updates to FH4, more news on FM Next with Chris Esaki, and brand new news about FH5 and what to expect during the summer. Thus generating more hype! It would make 2021 for everyone! :D

Last edited:
While I'm excited to see if we'll get something (anything?) related to FH5, I'm really hoping we get to SEE some new footage from FM. I can't recall much after last year's reveal.

... plus my inner aviation geek wants to know when we'll finally see Flight Simulator on the Series X/S.

Last edited:
This is mostly why I'm not expecting much, they've not made it clear they're done with FH4 just yet. We don't even know what "Super 7 High Stakes" is and when it's coming, for starters... They might have decided Mexico is the next destination and we'll get some sort of tech demo or very early sneak peek, but I don't expect to see a release date or a release window tomorrow for FH5, probably nothing more than a cinematic preview like we got last year for the Motorsport reboot. In fact I don't expect a lot of Forza news tomorrow from Xbox's conference... most likely the whole thing will be centered around Bethesda exclusives and new studio acquisitions, or some sort of deal with Ubisoft and Gamepass, and obviously Halo.

That's completely fair and you may very well be right. Especially since usually support would have ended well by now for FH4, which would drive up hunger for FH5. That obviously hasn't happened yet.

The insiders seem to think it could be October this year, but I'm more inclined to think it'll be early 2022 with covid potentially slowing down production for a large part of the game's development. Though this game theoretically would have had another 12 months dev time compared to FH4, FH3, FH2.

I was hyped for a while but unless there's a bit of a shake-up in regards to the formula, I might not be picking up Horizon 5 at launch.

As others have said in this subforum, a new location alone won't cut it for me - especially if a new game will have the same quality of car sounds, average levels of customisation, and same type of events.

Me and a few mates grabbed Horizon 3 before it was delisted and although it's not that different compared to Horizon 4, it seemed to have some charm to it that was lacking in 4.

I might be biased because of the location, though things like the Bucket list events and better car sounds certainly made me feel that it was better than 4.

I would really hope that after what could be 2 and a half years+ of development, FH5 is a lot more than just FH4 in a different location.

Now that we may regret the information about FH5 in a few hours, what do you think they will show off as the new features of the game this time?
More advanced customization? Online sessions with more simultaneous players? Or a real-time weather system like Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is the same as the actual weather in Mexico?

My guess is based on the assumption that FH5 is really set in Mexico, but I'm betting they'll show off a more advanced sand and dirt simulation.
When most people hear the word Mexico, the location that comes to mind is probably a harsh desert area like Baja.
In order to make the most of these locations, I think there is a good chance that they will show off their more realistic sand simulations.

Now that we may regret the information about FH5 in a few hours, what do you think they will show off as the new features of the game this time?
More advanced customization? Online sessions with more simultaneous players? Or a real-time weather system like Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is the same as the actual weather in Mexico?

My guess is based on the assumption that FH5 is really set in Mexico, but I'm betting they'll show off a more advanced sand and dirt simulation.
When most people hear the word Mexico, the location that comes to mind is probably a harsh desert area like Baja.
In order to make the most of these locations, I think there is a good chance that they will show off their more realistic sand simulations.

That could be one. Here are some predictions I had

1. Eliminator Battle Royale from FH4 returns as a separate F2P client like Warzone is for COD. The mode is substantially overhauled, has it's own progression system etc. Could be awesome way to get more people trying FH.
2. Massively upgraded route/event creator, ability to create crazy race courses (that AI and other people can actually race on in Multiplayer) like GTA5. Basically a big upgrade from Super 7 feature in FH4.
3. Much bigger map. 2x-3x size of FH4.
4. A massive social space, like The Tower from Destiny. Ability to walk around (Forza first), showcase your cars. Have big car meets, exclusive dealerships/vendors for car parts etc. Could be cool.
5. Motorcycles (highly unlikely and wouldn't be a fan but I could it see it happening)

I'm slightly hyped for FH5.

I feel like I haven't completed Fh4- it seems very open ended compared to the previous Horizon games which doesn't help.

I'd be more excited if the changes were more then a location change. Better customisation like NFS Heat. Better integration for the festival into the game like FH2 where you had road trips. Not too phased about the car list because thats one of the strengths of the game. Not many worries there..

Millions of views for the FH5 reveal trailer, I'm sure more than GT7. The popularity and the quality of Horizon is the new standard in the industry.

Really surprised FH5 is coming this year, especially since 4 came to Steam not long ago.

Last edited:
image0.png

VIVA MEXICO!!! And by the way, seeing the footage it may be the first time the map is divided in regions, from the Baja peninsula, to the Sonoran desert, to tequila country (where the volcano is) and central Mexico, where the anchor city of Guanajuato will be, to the Mayan Peninsula, with its jungle and Mayan ruins!

And hereinafter, it's Fuerza Horizonte Cinco :D

Last edited:
Back