Forza Horizon 5 Rumors Suggest Mexico Location

image0.png
Yeah this may lead to compromises over its full potential compared to where Motorsport is going

After 4 games, it looks more or less like what we’ve already been dealing with. A shame that it’s cross-console, not being able to actually take advantage of the new generation.

I think the biggest issue with FH5 is less about wowing people and actually improving things on the margins and gameplay wise. Are we still going to get the same lack luster customization? The same liver editor that has obviously needed to change since GT Sport pushed the envelope? Is the game still going to be incredibly scatter shot and not very focused in order to play better as a service game? So many questions.

So disappointed as a FM fan, they killed off FM7 and FH gets a new game sooner. I get it, but I'm not happy about it.

Last edited:
I saw the following new cars:

Ford Bronco
Ford Bronco R
Jaguar XJR-15
Mercedes-AMG One
Porsche Macan Rally Raid (??)
Some Ford buggy (??)

Any more that I'm missing?

-Porsche Taycan
-Rally Raid/Safari Porsche 911
-2021 LR Defender
I'll edit this post if I find any more

Nice catch on the XJR-15, I'm really happy about that one, as well as all the other new cars they showed in the trailer. I was super impressed by how many new cars they showed us.

This trailer and the gameplay they showed us exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. The environment looks amazing, the new cars look awesome, the graphics are gorgeous as usual, and the new gamemode looks super fun as well. Color me impressed.

Speaking of the new game mode, it looks like it's going to be Horizon Blueprint taken to the max, which is something I've wanted in Horizon for a very long time. I'm super excited for this game now. The Mexico location looks absolutely stunning.

Last edited:
After 4 games, it looks more or less like what we’ve already been dealing with. A shame that it’s cross-console, not being able to actually take advantage of the new generation.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there. I had the same level of disbelief of its visuals as I did for Forbidden West — there's no Forza game that looks that good. Not even FH3 or 4 on PC with max settings.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there. I had the same level of disbelief of its visuals as I did for Forbidden West — there's no Forza game that looks that good. Not even FH3 or 4 on PC with max settings.
I don’t disagree that it certainly looks nice. Heck that was the start of my previous post. I wasn’t really talking on it’s visual prowess, I think I’m just more or less getting a bit tired of the game itself.

Last edited:
So disappointed as a FM fan, they killed off FM7 and FH gets a new game sooner. I get it, but I'm not happy about it.
You should be happy. They didn't do this because Horizon is more popular, it's because Motorsport is leading the charge as always on engine tech, so they're taking a year off to debut a 100% next generation game next year. Meanwhile, Horizon 5 is a last hoorah for Xbox One and fill the slot this year.

I guess it depends on how you look at it, FH5 getting bumped up means it also has to make concessions to work on the XB1 while the new FM will get to truly stretch it's legs by being exclusive to next gen.

I saw the following new cars:

Ford Bronco
Ford Bronco R
Jaguar XJR-15
Mercedes-AMG One
Porsche Macan Rally Raid (??)
Some Ford buggy (??)

Any more that I'm missing?
Wait wait, hold on there. Are you telling me the Jaguar XJR-15 is coming to FH5? :eek:
-Porsche Taycan
-Rally Raid/Safari Porsche 911
-2021 LR Defender
I'll edit this post if I find any more
There it is, the Porsche Taycan is coming to Forza! :D

I don’t disagree that it certainly looks nice. Heck that was the start of my previous post. I wasn’t really talking on it’s visual prowess, I think I’m just more or less getting a bit tired of the game itself.

Ah, fatigue. I know what that's like.

It looks like enough of a change in the right direction that I'm definitely excited to play it into the wee morning hours :lol:

What's really blowing my mind is the new engine sounds. The cars sounded DANG good!

Love it or hate it, the AMG Project One sounded SPOT ON. The Lamborghini Huracan they showed in the gameplay definitely showed improvement as well. I wouldn't call it perfect, but it's definitely better than it was in FH4.

Taken from; https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ

Q: What features and modes set Forza Horizon 5 apart from previous Forza Horizon games? A: Forza Horizon 5 features our most diverse, adventurous, and social open world yet, inviting players to lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. In making the greatest Horizon experience yet, we have worked to add and evolve several new features and modes that will enhance the player experience with Forza Horizon 5. Here are some of the new features highlighted by Mike Brown – Creative Director at Playground Games during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.

• Horizon Story - Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.

• Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.

• Horizon Arcade – Invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.

• EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.

• Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.

• Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.

• Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.

• Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.

• Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.

• Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.

You should be happy. They didn't do this because Horizon is more popular, it's because Motorsport is leading the charge as always on engine tech, so they're taking a year off to debut a 100% next generation game next year. Meanwhile, Horizon 5 is a last hoorah for Xbox One and fill the slot this year.

I guess it depends on how you look at it, FH5 getting bumped up means it also has to make concessions to work on the XB1 while the new FM will get to truly stretch it's legs by being exclusive to next gen.

Yeah of course, hopefully the wait will really pay off, but still think they should of thrown us a bone before killing off FM7.

Looking good is one thing. Evolving the gameplay elements that having been becoming more of an issue since 3 and 4 is quite another. I need more info on Expedition mode.

You're definitely not wrong. I do not understand why it isn't the case, but I've said this since FH2: with the games being set in specific locales, why not have the licensed tracks in as well? It's an open world that emphasizes playing the way you want, when you want, how you want. How in the hell are track days not a factor in this equation?

I don't get it.

What's really blowing my mind is the new engine sounds. The cars sounded DANG good!

Jesko was sadly still way off. They’re reusing the generic Koenigsegg sample even though the Jesko sounds nothing like any other model they’ve made

Back