Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Spring Forward

• Thread starter Famine
  • 13 comments
1648136960960.png

Hi team. Is anyone else having trouble this week with the "You Shall Not Pass" Horizon Open challenge. I've denied 3 flags in a single game by going straight from the challenge itself, from the Horizon Open menu and from PG Games but it won't pop as done. Apart from the dailies it's my last challenge in Series 5 for the 'Min, meet Max' achievement.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You CAN use the open top Vuhl for the "open top car" speed trap, but you CAN'T use the open top McLaren for the open top speed trap... 🙄

Hi team. Is anyone else having trouble this week with the "You Shall Not Pass" Horizon Open challenge. I've denied 3 flags in a single game by going straight from the challenge itself, from the Horizon Open menu and from PG Games but it won't pop as done. Apart from the dailies it's my last challenge in Series 5 for the 'Min, meet Max' achievement.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Did you run the game from quick resume? I don't do that, since it cannot handle that. Usually, when something doesn't work, it's fine after a restart.

Did you run the game from quick resume? I don't do that, since it cannot handle that. Usually, when something doesn't work, it's fine after a restart.
Hi Palqo. I never start from Quick Resume on FH5 bud, I always shut the game down fully after each session.
Although you have reminded me to try clearing the cache, cheers.
Thank you.👍

Doesn't really spoil anything, if you can't figure out what the stupid hint means. 😄 Anyone any tips? Besides having to drive an Acura through a speed trap obviously...
It's in the article.
"
The riddle for this challenge is “Acura a clue by traveling fast to see new stars on the Horizon. A quick flash and you’ll see!”. Naturally then you’ll need to pick up an Acura — the thumbnail shows an Integra, but the RSX and NSX will do too.

Once you’re in your rebadged Honda, you’ll need head to one of the new Speed Traps you’ll find in Series 5 — and it’s not immediately apparent from the clue but you’ll need to hit up the Baja Circuit trap on the west coast. One star — 35mph — is enough to meet the challenge.
"

Cracked it finally. Turns out all I needed to do was go to work, come home and turn the Xbox back on. I checked "You Shall Not Pass" and it was magically showing as done.
I'm so relieved. I'm determined to get Min, meet Max' this series. It's too easy a series not too.

Weirdly, when I discovered the treasure while writing the article (I'm all heart) I couldn't smash it. Just drove straight through it to no effect. Haven't been back to check on that since turning it all off.

The Treasure Clue is super weird though. Aside from clearly hinting you need to go to a new, S5 "Rush Takeover" Speed Trap, there's not really much clue of what to do next. The thumbnail shows Pantano Pass, but nothing happened for me after a one-star pass there. So I went to East Coast and accidentally two-starred it, then Tulum for one star, and it finally pinged with a two-star pass at Baja Circuit.

I couldn't decide if that meant passing them all or getting five stars in total, but going back on a different test account, just one star at Baja was enough. But there's no reason it should be Baja specifically 🤷‍♂️

Weirdly, when I discovered the treasure while writing the article (I'm all heart) I couldn't smash it. Just drove straight through it to no effect. Haven't been back to check on that since turning it all off.

The Treasure Clue is super weird though. Aside from clearly hinting you need to go to a new, S5 "Rush Takeover" Speed Trap, there's not really much clue of what to do next. The thumbnail shows Pantano Pass, but nothing happened for me after a one-star pass there. So I went to East Coast and accidentally two-starred it, then Tulum for one star, and it finally pinged with a two-star pass at Baja Circuit.

I couldn't decide if that meant passing them all or getting five stars in total, but going back on a different test account, just one star at Baja was enough. But there's no reason it should be Baja specifically 🤷‍♂️
I went to Pantano Pass first as well. After spending a lot of credits and swearing profusely just to find out 3 stars there wasn't the clue, I went and tried each new zone. Of course working across the map from Pantano, Baja was the last zone I tried lol 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.
The clue isn't a bad clue I don't think, its just the fact it shows Pantano that threw me.

Trying to get the triple steal I rediscovered why the Open PGG are so fun but also potentially annoying. Started a team event 2vs2 we won, second round 3vs5 we lost, last round 1vs6. I lost. On the other hand the solo sessions are tons of fun.

It's in the article.
"
The riddle for this challenge is “Acura a clue by traveling fast to see new stars on the Horizon. A quick flash and you’ll see!”. Naturally then you’ll need to pick up an Acura — the thumbnail shows an Integra, but the RSX and NSX will do too.

Once you’re in your rebadged Honda, you’ll need head to one of the new Speed Traps you’ll find in Series 5 — and it’s not immediately apparent from the clue but you’ll need to hit up the Baja Circuit trap on the west coast. One star — 35mph — is enough to meet the challenge.
"
Thanks, have to read it fully next time. 😄

Screenshot_20220330_171258_com.microsoft.xboxone.smartglass.beta.jpg

I know I'm far from the only one on here to complete all the achievements, and that many of you got this last series. However I'm dead chuffed with myself, it's the first time I've managed it on a Horizon game.

Back