Forza Horizon Jalopnik Car Pack Cars Announced!

• Thread starter Philz
  • 60 comments
I found where Jalopnik released what the DLC cars will be

Cars are:
2013 Subaru BRZ
1973 Mazda RX-3
1973 Datsun 510
1991 Ferrari 512 Testa Rossa
1966 Country Squire
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
BONUS CAR FOR SEASON PASS HOLDERS
Devon GTX GT3

Want to read more?
Thread on Jalopnik.com

Isn't the FRS already in the game? Why do we need its twin? Honestly not enthused about this one. Not a single car. As a season pass holder can I hold out on downloading this one and save one of the six car packs? Or do you just get the first six.

Maybe on a Forza Motorsports game, there might be a way to tell the difference between the two ZN6 Toybarus, but not in Horizon. The RX-3 Savanna is nice, but again, how could I justify purchasing DLC for a game that I finished in two afternoons? The cars don't add longevity to the gameplay...
It's Turn 10's year for FM, and I expect these to show up on disc anyway. I really don't beleive that they could be that ignorant to the masses of hate towards this "re-adding for money" scheme again.

I found where Jalopnik released what the DLC cars will be

Cars are:
2013 Subaru BRZ
1973 Mazda RX-3
1973 Datsun 510
1991 Ferrari 512 Testa Rossa
1966 Country Squire
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
BONUS CAR FOR SEASON PASS HOLDERS
Devon GTX GT3

Want to read more?
Thread on Jalopnik.com

:drool: :drool: :nervous: :nervous: :mad: :mad: :mad: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: 🤬 🤬 🤬 :indiff: :indiff: :indiff: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Another big FLOP-DLC with recycled cars..... not good turn10..... i hope that FM5 will not be this strategy

how could I justify purchasing DLC for a game that I finished in two afternoons?

Not saying I disagree that this pack is disappointing, but it's your own fault for flying through the game so quickly. Took me about a week to beat single player and a couple more weeks to 100% and I'm still entertained. Replay value is different for everyone but if you just sit there and bang out the neccesary festival races just to get your wristband and no more, nothing on the side, you will become bored very quickly

Another big FLOP-DLC with recycled cars..... not good turn10..... i hope that FM5 will not be this strategy

Don't throw T10 under the bus, PG has a large part in making DLC. FM5 will not suffer from this, FH was shipped on one disc, they had to remove many cars to accommodate the free roam map. FM5 will likely be shipped on two discs like FM4 and include every make and every model like FM4. I'd have a hard time believing they'd go backwards.

This is a great pack!

Should go over well, like a screen door on a submarine! Quick, we should all send PG fan letters!

Bahahahahahahahahah can't stop laughing. :lol:

Yall know we probably won't get a completely awesome pack until after the Season Pass runs out. So, May will be the first great pack. Just like FM4.

I'm not nearly as disappointed you all seem to be. Yes, the 510, Devon, and Country Squire should have been in the game already, but it's still nice to get them. The FJ and BRZ should be entertaining. The 512TR will be entertaining.

But the real winner in this DLC, the one reason this DLC will be worth it, is the Mazda RX-3. I've been waiting 15 years for Gran Turismo (8 years in the case of Forza) to digitize this car. The RX-3/Skyline GT-R races of the early '70s were epic, the stuff of legend. I am going to have so much fun racing (and painting) this car.

Wham, bam, grand slam! If only the first few packs were like this. Little Japanese FR-sters are some of my favorites, and this game needed a few. :) This is truly a stellar pack. 👍

F-YEAH Tier
  • 2013 Subaru BRZ - Like the McLaren F1, it should have been there from the start but it's good to have it now.
  • 1973 Mazda RX-3 - Incredible! A must-drive for sure.
  • 1973 Datsun 510 - Excellent!
  • 1991 Ferrari 512 Testa Rossa - This is the sort of Ferrari I can accept adding.
  • 1966 Country Squire - Sweet!
Meh Tier
  • 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser - I might try it.
  • Devon GTX GT3 - Nah.

...the real winner in this DLC, the one reason this DLC will be worth it, is the Mazda RX-3. I've been waiting 15 years for Gran Turismo (8 years in the case of Forza) to digitize this car. The RX-3/Skyline GT-R races of the early '70s were epic, the stuff of legend. I am going to have so much fun racing (and painting) this car.
Same here. One of my favorite cars in Enthusia, and the other cult PS2 racers. :)

No. No. No. No one seems to understand that the Forza Horizon car models AREN'T FM4 models. If they were, they would have imported all the cars from FM4 to Forza Horizon. But, Playground Games didn't USE FM4's vehicle models, which is actually a good thing 'cause the physics and the world wouldn't go well with the Forza cars. (And the physic's model is a modified version of FM4's. That's the only thing from Forza 4 that's in FH. Just the physics model. Trust me, there's plenty of talent over at Playground to make their own car models.)

EDIT: Why should the BR-Z have been in from the start. You know, Top Gear actually did an article comparing the FT86 to the BR-Z and they mentioned that, while they're technically the same car, Subaru tuned theirs a bit differently from the FT86. Which makes sense. So, while for the most part they're the same car, they're not. Think of the three cars as triplets. They look and maybe even sound the same, but their personalities differ greatly.

No. No. No. No one seems to understand that the Forza Horizon car models AREN'T FM4 models. If they were, they would have imported all the cars from FM4 to Forza Horizon. But, Playground Games didn't USE FM4's vehicle models, which is actually a good thing 'cause the physics and the world wouldn't go well with the Forza cars. (And the physic's model is a modified version of FM4's. That's the only thing from Forza 4 that's in FH. Just the physics model. Trust me, there's plenty of talent over at Playground to make their own car models.)

EDIT: Why should the BR-Z have been in from the start. You know, Top Gear actually did an article comparing the FT86 to the BR-Z and they mentioned that, while they're technically the same car, Subaru tuned theirs a bit differently from the FT86. Which makes sense. So, while for the most part they're the same car, they're not. Think of the three cars as triplets. They look and maybe even sound the same, but their personalities differ greatly.

I higly doubt that the models didnt come from turn 10. Playground games didnt had the time to create the vast landscape and all the cars for FH all alone in way less than 2 years.

They said they didnt put all FM 4 cars in it. Just a small mix of cars they felt would fit in.

In my eyes the dlcs for Forza Horizon are overpriced and stupid. We pay for old cars that are already in the Motorsport title and they show them as new additions to the series. It is a bit of a scam from my perspective. I am just not sure if Microsoft or Turn 10 is to blame on the dlc plans. My trust is quite shettered by Turn 10 with the overpriced dlc packs.

Do you have proof to back up this claim?

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't have proof opposing your position, but it's funny to me that the same quirks that some of the vehicles in FM4 have carry over into Horizon.

One example that comes readily to mind is the 1964 Ferrari GTO (Horizon falsely has this as a '62 model). In FM4 the driver doesn't have a shift animation. The same thing happens in Horizon. Now if PG really did use new vehicle models, it seems like they would have fixed this obvious error.

On another note, I hope we can put the STi wing on the BRZ. :)

Not only that, I'm hoping the BRZ has different body kits from the Scion FR-S. I might use it if it does.

Do you have proof to back up this claim?

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't have proof opposing your position, but it's funny to me that the same quirks that some of the vehicles in FM4 have carry over into Horizon.

One example that comes readily to mind is the 1964 Ferrari GTO (Horizon falsely has this as a '62 model). In FM4 the driver doesn't have a shift animation. The same thing happens in Horizon. Now if PG really did use new vehicle models, it seems like they would have fixed this obvious error.

On another note, I hope we can put the STi wing on the BRZ. :)

My proof is the Horizon cars look like crap compared to the FM4 cars.

So no then...

However pages like this indicate that Playground have done at least some of their own modelling.

http://www.eaglegb.com/pages/forza-horizon-eagle-speedster-e-type

Perhaps how good the car looks on track has less to do with the accuracy of the 3D model as it has to do with the rendering engine used to display them. Even if both games used the same model for a particular car I would've thought it'd look worse in Horizon than in FM4. It's not as if the shift animation is included in the 3D model either.

That isn't proof at all, merely your opinion.

So no then...

However pages like this indicate that Playground have done at least some of their own modelling.

http://www.eaglegb.com/pages/forza-horizon-eagle-speedster-e-type

Perhaps how good the car looks on track has less to do with the accuracy of the 3D model as it has to do with the rendering engine used to display them. Even if both games used the same model for a particular car I would've thought it'd look worse in Horizon than in FM4. It's not as if the shift animation is included in the 3D model either.

The link you quoted doesn't specifically say which company is actually modelling that Eagle.

No. No. No. No one seems to understand that the Forza Horizon car models AREN'T FM4 models. If they were, they would have imported all the cars from FM4 to Forza Horizon.
Strictly speaking, you're correct. Each one has to be modified to carry working headlights and illuminated gauges, among whatever other tweaks are made. They aren't just cut-and-paste, and in that respect, neither are any of the DLC carryovers from FM4.

If you're taking photos, be sure to switch to the chase cam first. I only found out about this recently because I usually take photos from paused replays.

I fear we're getting very off-thread, but wouldn't it make sense for PG to use the basic mapping data for the cars in Horizon from T10? Why would PG go to the trouble of finding and mapping a US-Spec first-gen VW GTI when T10 had already done it. Just hand over the numbers to PG and let them model the car that best suits the needs of their game.

They MIGHT have used some of the vehicle data for Horizon, but...to me, Horizon's car models still remind me more of Driver San Francisco than Forza 4. And that's the other thing. You guys act as if PG has done a bunch of racing games in the past and MIGHT just have the majority of the vehicle data. If anything, it was more of a blend between the vehicle data and models PG had and the ones Turn10 had and then whatever Turn10 wanted PG to get.

The other thing is...it takes two years of working their butts off for Turn10 to make a game. I don't think they would've had much time to help PG with much of anything. Remember, Turn10 is strictly a publisher for Horizon. Meaning, Turn10 might've plopped a small selection of vehicle data on PG's desk to get them started but...who knows how much they actually helped out. Although, I still think there are some curious DLC vehicle choices in FM4 that suggest FM4 and PG have been sharing vehicle data for a while, now. I mean, there is only one other game that has the Aston Martin Cygnet.

Another joke of a DLC. The RX-3 is cool, but doesn't even sound like a rotary in the teaser. Yet another DLC I will not purchase.

Horizon is built on top of FM4's framework, Shouden. Even the menus operate the same way.

The RX-3 is cool, but doesn't even sound like a rotary in the teaser.
I wondered about that too. I hope it's just the trailer.

What I always wondered is that, if they are not borrowed from T10, then why do they have the exact same paint problems they had in FM4.

Another pack where only 2 cars are genuinely new to the series, pretty disappointing no matter what people say, also the BRZ and the RX3 both sound like V6s in the trailer? I will admit the Country Squire bit I liked though

Back