Forza Horizon shots, details surface ahead of E3

forzahorizonheader.jpg

According to the site, the game will maintain the physics from Forza 4, but optimized for off-road as there will be 65 types of terrain ranging from mud and gravel to grass and asphalt.

It’s an open-world racer with dynamic day and night cycles, and takes place in Colorado – as you can see via the screenshots below. Looks a bit like Route 550 to us.

The game will also contain gas stations, paint shops, car dealerships and players can race various vehicles in the game, including a plane.

According to Forza Life, the game is slated for release on October 23, 2012.

Expect more information on the racer Monday during Microsoft’s press event at E3.
forza-horizon-fakten_feat.jpg

forza-horizon-3.jpg

forza-horizon-2.jpg

forza-horizon-6.jpg

forza-horizon-5.jpg

forza-horizon-4.jpg

forza-horizon-10.jpg

forza-horizon-9.jpg

forza-horizon-8.jpg

forza-horizon-7.jpg

Source: VG247

EPIC does not describe how good this looks, if I am honest I wasn't expecting much but wow they have made me eat my words

If this will be anything as good as this sounds, it will be the GREATEST most EPIC game EVER. GOSH!!! 👍

edit: always wished for a realistic and properly working Test Drive Unlimited!

Crazy thoughts and ideas pop into my mind thinking about this. Like sticking to speed limits and other driving rules and laws, which takes us to there being a possibility to be a cop etc.... :D OK it's not Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, but the possibilities with something like this are unlimited!

Looking forward to cruising with Forza Planet Motorsports members and others too!!

The online community for this game should be huge and massively varied in tastes. It is shaping up to be the defining car game of this or any generation at this rate. From the base of using forza's physics, they'd have to be really dumb to ruin the way this plays.

My mind is racing with ideas. If the gas stations are functional, it'll be so fun seeing how far you can drive before running out in all the different cars.

EDIT: Now I'm on a bigger screen, just noticed in a couple of Viper shots that the driver isn't wearing a helmet.

Ward Road and 44th Avenue in the screenshot comes up on a Google Maps/Earth search. The roads around that area look very similar to some of the ones in the screenshot.

W 44th Ave & Ward Rd, Wheat Ridge, Jefferson, Colorado 80033, United States

If the area was big enough imagine having the ability to have your own property or business. Like a guy who likes to tune could have an actual physical place where we'd have to drive to in order to get tuned cars. Or a real paint shop.

Does colorado have speed cameras?

Look at the last pic posted above ^^, there seems to be two yellow speed cameras on both sides of the road

I'm not too sure about the plane.

Apart from that though, it looks great, and it'll be an instant preorder, maybe even the LCE if there is one.

This is looking pretty EPIC. I would go preorder it right now but I will wait a bit to make sure they don't come out with a LCE.

Anyone other than me sees that seventh photo as a homage to Goodwood?

I can kinda see what you mean, with the fairly tight course and the crowds. Looks like there are going to be racetracks of some form throughout the world.

I think what we should do now is to pretend that something like this is actually coming so we won't be too disappointed when it sucks... :lol:

Nah, I hate being a pessimist. Like VXR said, it would be pretty hard to ruin a game based on FM4. I bet fans will love it no matter how it turns out if the physics are still right. At least I will!

Also loving t.o. 's idea of owning lots and businesses, might be too much to ask though, but we'll see... ;) Damn... Imagine all the cool stuff we could do... And if the team behind the game is as committed to fans as the current FM-team (at least from my POV), we can have a lot to say about what we want to see in the game in form of DLC etc! Damn I'm looking forward to seeing this! Wish I didn't remember this existed.

..And what a nice way to relax after a hard day at work, a pint or two and some cruising and chatting with friends under the sunny skies in FH... Damn :D I might be a bit too excited about this right now, please stop me.

To be honest, I am tired of open world games with arcade physics. If I wanted to play one of those, there's already quite a few decent titles on the market.

That being said, I really hope this game takes advantage of the current (or some more advanced form) of the Forza game engine. Weather and day/night transitions would be amazing... But I'll hold my breath until some more official info is announced at E3 this year instead of speculating off of the screenshot and cover art.

PS. I really hope this game doesn't contain some features TDU had that made it.. Well, you (may) know

Well... I'm nearly sold! If this news is official, this game should meet my expectations (even without weather cycles)...

Now the Ford SVT Raptor will finally have a proper place (considering it makes the game). And even the Pikes Peak Suzuki Monster will have a place (well SHOULD... since the game takes place in Colorado).

:bowdown: Here's to hoping they don't add some funky features that destroy this game!

VXR
I believe I've found the location of the Ford GT screenshot.
That's neat, it'd be pretty great if they actually based the map on Colorado, instead of just general topography. If so this could easily eclipse the Test Drive Unlimited games.

My expectations are very low on the physics of the airplane (an odd thing to include), but everything else looks and sounds great. I just hope the roads and offroad trails aren't lined with invisible walls!

That makes me think of the helicopter chases in FUEL. This game ought to make me very happy if they looked to FUEL for inspiration.

Hardly ruins it. Some of course prefer it, I've never even used it!

It would actually be a step down for me. It wouldn't ruin it, but it would make it much less enjoyable for me. I've always hated any view besides cockpit.

I use hood view myself. For me either bumper, hood or cockpit will do. All I need is one of those.

I used to use bumper/hood before i got used to cockpit. Once i got used to it though, i dont think I've ever used anything else. Because i use a pad, its the closest thing i can get to bring me to that realism.

Gotta have cockpit view. Anything else and I'll be SEVERELY disappointed. Would feel like they're sending me back to FM2 or something. I very much doubt there will not be a cockpit view though. Just wouldn't make sense to take such a step back for what? Cockpit resources are already in FM4 and 3 so what would be the excuse? If anything I'd expect to see a little upgrade of some sorts.

I'm kinda "sad" this game is coming though. I feel like I'm still just scratching the surface with FM4 and now to split time with another game so soon. Another thing I'm wondering about is what kind of career/credit/story setup will be in place. Will we have transfers from FM4 to FH? If there is a "true" story (which I don't see happening) then I guess starting from scratch isn't that bad but if it's just about driving and getting cash then give me a direct transfer between games. Let me walk in this new world a millionaire.

Back