Forza Horizon shots, details surface ahead of E3

Just to keep it relatively fair, it'd be a neat system if it let you pick your three favourite personal cars from FM4 and then gave you the option of importing another as you levelled up.

The shots of of the viper seem to have a fully detailed cockpit. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that we're getting 30fps. With those enormous environments, something has to give. Framerate isn't as important in a more arcade-style racing situation, so I'm betting it's getting the chop.
/speculation

Does colorado have speed cameras?

Look at the last pic posted above ^^, there seems to be two yellow speed cameras on both sides of the road

Maybe you can set top speed records and check leaderboards and compare with friends :D Nice find btw, didn't noticed it 👍

I believe there is cop cars. Why else have the bull bar on the new charger?
I mean,there would at least be a "mode".

I'm kinda "sad" this game is coming though. I feel like I'm still just scratching the surface with FM4 and now to split time with another game so soon. Another thing I'm wondering about is what kind of career/credit/story setup will be in place. Will we have transfers from FM4 to FH? If there is a "true" story (which I don't see happening) then I guess starting from scratch isn't that bad but if it's just about driving and getting cash then give me a direct transfer between games. Let me walk in this new world a millionaire.

From how this game sounds I think we FM4 fans will still be doing some racing in the "old" game when this comes out since I don't see it being an actual "racing game". Though if this will be as great as it sounds, I guess FM4 will just end up gathering dust even if the (track)racing isn't that great... :lol:

About those transfers: I'd really like to see everyone start from a scratch. I have tens and tens of millions of cash in FM4, but I have always loved starting a new save game. Everything feels new and you have to do something to earn new things. Especially if this has sort of a "rpg"-feel to it. Being able to get all my earnings and possessions from FM4 would feel like cheating. It would also be so neat from a community-POV to see how the community and economy builds up from 0. How newer and nicer cars turn round a corner every day. ;) Who wouldn't want to be the first guy to make a new record on that speed camera with a Veyron (which I never drive BTW, but sure costs a lot). You get what I mean don't you?

edit: Has nothing to do with this message, but man it will sure be nice to see all the epic liveries you guys create on the road!! Imagine checking out those superb creations in the parking lot of a gas station... ;) Sure will make it a lot easier for those with the talent to make a few Forza-$, doesn't it??

About those transfers: I'd really like to see everyone start from a scratch. I have tens and tens of millions of cash in FM4, but I have always loved starting a new save game. Everything feels new and you have to do something to earn new things. Especially if this has sort of a "rpg"-feel to it. Being able to get all my earnings and possessions from FM4 would feel like cheating. It would also be so neat from a community-POV to see how the community and economy builds up from 0. How newer and nicer cars turn round a corner every day. ;) Who wouldn't want to be the first guy to make a new record on that speed camera with a Veyron (which I never drive BTW, but sure costs a lot). You get what I mean don't you?

Well, I'd like to be able to import cars and a little bit of cash.
Some of us just don't have the time to play games more then 2 hours a week, due to kids, work etc. and this would give us a small jump start.

To each his own probably? ;)

I can see your point, I really do, but for me personally it's the complete opposite. For me Forza is all about buying and customizing cars and racing them against my friend. I couldn't care less about the single player events, in fact I've done most of them on auto-pilot while I'm doing some work at home (thank god for that option!!!), so I'd be (a bit) gutted if I had to start over from scratch again in Horizon.

Not that that would stop me from purchasing the new game. In fact, earlier today I told the guy from the shop where I buy my games that he'd better reserve me a Limited Edition if Horizon would be offered as such.

Trailer was ******* EPICCCCC!!! Wow! Audi quattro, evo x, rx7, alfa 8c, r34 to a name a few of the cars. Flip up headlights, drift events, carshows, offroad rally stuff, lots of traffic and even what looked like a small suburb! Can NOT wait.

Just saw the video

1520931-take_my_money_super-500x313.jpeg

Night racing HOT
Dirt Roads HOT
Total package HOT

Things that looked kinda, uh oh. I think the resolution of the cars are going to take a hit. Cars didn't look , from my computer mind you, as good as they do in FM4 though.

It was streamed in 720p (or somewhere close to it) on XBOX. They looked decent but hard to tell honestly. I am rewinding it and watching it over and over again right now lol.

Looks like the campaign will be a little to NFS like for my taste, as long as there are plenty of roads and other events I'm good though.

It was streamed in 720p (or somewhere close to it) on XBOX. They looked decent but hard to tell honestly. I am rewinding it and watching it over and over again right now lol.
I think it really shows on the night scenes. All in all though game looks incredible. If the physics hold up screw it, I can take a graphical hit. Was hoping to see a cockpit view though just for confirmation.

+1

Night racing, off road racing, street racing, amazing landscape... I feel that this is going to be incredibly enjoyable. If they're keeping the FM4 physics, obviously. :embarrassed:

That's the kind of game I've been waiting for. Well, actually, the perfect game would be a combination of what Forza Horizon seemingly will become and GTA, but this is pretty damn close :D

I wish I could rip the live stream for you guys. The resolution is better than that youtube. You can see more detail in it and see what I mean buy the cars possibly not looking the same as Forza 4.

Thank you for whoever gets these vids up so fast, I wasn't able to fully enjoy it live cause safari browser sucks with that kind of stuff.

I don't think the cars have to look as good as Motorsport 4 with backdrops like the ones Horizon has. NFS Hot Pursuit didn't have the best car models but the game always looked great in screenshots.

This ain't a Simulator. Its an Arcade NFS type game, thats the type of game it was always going to be.

The main mode requires you to build a reputation for style points. So you get points for crashing, but you also probably get points for drifting, and with assists off, if it's as oversteery as FM4, then you're not going to struggle to gain points.

Back