Forza Monthly Coming as Part of Five-Day Streaming Schedule for E3 2019

I thought it could not get worse then Hot Wheels in FH3, but Lego? I guess Forza really is not for me anymore.

I'd argue the Hot Wheels expansion is what kept FH3 motoring on in terms of sales and regular user interactions right up to FH4's release.

We're looking at it from the angle of hardcore, narrow-focus sim-racing nerdism. Appealing to that tiny demographic was never Horizon's focus; latching onto kids and getting them into the general sphere of automotive enthusiasm via Hot Wheels is a much more lucrative move. And, IMO, healthier for the long-term survival of car culture as a whole, really.

It's not as if Motorsport doesn't still exist. 👍

I'd argue the Hot Wheels expansion is what kept FH3 motoring on in terms of sales and regular user interactions right up to FH4's release.

We're looking at it from the angle of hardcore, narrow-focus sim-racing nerdism. Appealing to that tiny demographic was never Horizon's focus; latching onto kids and getting them into the general sphere of automotive enthusiasm via Hot Wheels is a much more lucrative move. And, IMO, healthier for the long-term survival of car culture as a whole, really.

There's also a worryingly high number of grown men who are into LEGO. So it would probably be a strategically smart move by Forza to cooperate with LEGO even though some automotive purists in the Forza community are put off by it.

There's also a worryingly high number of grown men who are into LEGO. So it would probably be a strategically smart move by Forza to cooperate with LEGO even though some automotive purists in the Forza community are put off by it.

Worringly?

:lol:

100% this.

Not to mention people like me grew up with stuff like Hot Wheels and LEGO, and it's fun to dive back into those things as part of a video game I like.

I wish I hated fun so much that I could even supposedly-jokingly refer to adults liking LEGO as worrying.

I've kept all of my childhood sets and plan on passing them on to family's (or friends') kids. It's the perfect creative toy.

I wish I hated fun so much that I could even supposedly-jokingly refer to adults liking LEGO as worrying.

I've kept all of my childhood sets and plan on passing them on to family's (or friends') kids. It's the perfect creative toy.

Assembling some of the more complex LEGO kits is still a fun, zen hobby, even in your 30s. I put together the Super Star Destroyer a couple of years ago.

LEPIN-Super-Star-Destroyer-05028-9.jpg

The fact that this is coming from the same dude who called a race car driver 'spoiled' after a monsoon in a 24 hour race and cared more about entertainment then safety is frankly hilarious.

Is it any different from building Tamiya models, or Gunpla?

If the 2nd expansion is lego for horizon 4 i will shoot My self

Jesus christ the hyperbole in this thread.

The fact that this is coming from the same dude who called a race car driver 'spoiled' after a monsoon in a 24 hour race and cared more about entertainment then safety is frankly hilarious.

I fail to see the connection, and I took back the “spoiled brat” comment the following day.

Whatever comes out of this E3, I could be worthwhile. If news about FM8 is there too....

YAAAAAAAYAAAHHH!!!! :D
If we see anything FM8 related it'll probably be an ForzaTech Trailer in the same vein as the halo slipstream engine trailer last year.

I fail to see the connection, and I took back the “spoiled brat” comment the following day.

Nah, I see a pretty apt comparison.

You seem to think that LEGO is still a toy for children (when in reality, it has been all ages for decades now, especially with the rise of the 100 dollar kits that are packed with insane little details) and are insinuating that those that still do it now are somehow....not men? Then what about Tamiya kit cars, or build it yourself Gundam models? They follow the same principle. Hell, what is your opinion on diecast models of cars, considering they are in the same vein as well as showing something off.

Contrasting this with your opinion that entertainment is paramount over safety, and a driver who saw that safety would be at risk if thrown back into monsoon like conditions is somehow a 'spoiled brat' is compared to what? some idealized nostalgia of racing in the 60's and 70's, when safety was not even close to what it is now?

It does say a fair bit about you and your beliefs, in my mind.

Of course you're right. It kinda makes sense. And guess what. I bought the Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS last year. It was quite expensive. Fun to build? Yes. Would i do this again? No.

Its just a strange experience for me personally, to see how far Forza is moving away from its roots, which was a bit more puristic and with more realism in mind. I know Forza was never a hardcore sim but guys like Dan Greenawalt often claimed it was. And i believed them. I loved Forza so much back in the day but times have changed. Today Forza is a bit crazy... at least the Horizon games. Anything seems possible, even Lego.

what about..
...Video games?

Of course you're right. It kinda makes sense. And guess what. I bought the Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS last year. It was quite expensive. Fun to build? Yes. Would i do this again? No.

Its just a strange experience for me personally, to see how far Forza is moving away from its roots, which was a bit more puristic and with more realism in mind. I know Forza was never a hardcore sim but guys like Dan Greenawalt often claimed it was. And i believed them. I loved Forza so much back in the day but times have changed. Today Forza is a bit crazy... at least the Horizon games. Anything seems possible, even Lego.
I think you're associating what was said about Motorsport towards Horizon though. Horizon, from the get go, was a move against it's roots into the realm of situations that aren't really that realistic, so it's not all that surprising that they're finding different ways to extend that.

I tend to find the Horizon games a bit boring, to be honest. Maybe this is the kind of stupid fun that will change that, but I'm still skeptical as well.

If we see anything FM8 related it'll probably be a ForzaTech Trailer in the same vein as the halo slipstream engine trailer last year.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath for ANYTHING Forza Motorsport this year, though I agree that if there is anything, it'll probably just be an engine demo.

We'll get the Horizon expansion reveal (I'm still crossing my fingers for a rare "and it's releasing RIGHT NOW!" moment on that one), and probably nothing else. Microsoft have a lot on their plate for E3 this year.

If there's anything Motorsport-related next week, I'd bet it's just via one of the streams mentioned in the OP of this thread.

I was able to do more with Lego than an Erector set, and the Erector set even came with a small engine. But Lincoln Logs were the favorites, along with Hot Wheels. Hey, a Hot Wheels and Lincoln Logs combination! Instead of just owning houses we can now build them, even add garages, and then decide whether to live and park in them or drive through and rebuild.

You seem to think that LEGO is still a toy for children (when in reality, it has been all ages for decades now, especially with the rise of the 100 dollar kits that are packed with insane little details) and are insinuating that those that still do it now are somehow....not men? Then what about Tamiya kit cars, or build it yourself Gundam models? They follow the same principle. Hell, what is your opinion on diecast models of cars, considering they are in the same vein as well as showing something off.

It was a joke. :rolleyes:

Contrasting this with your opinion that entertainment is paramount over safety, and a driver who saw that safety would be at risk if thrown back into monsoon like conditions is somehow a 'spoiled brat' is compared to what? some idealized nostalgia of racing in the 60's and 70's, when safety was not even close to what it is now?

You thinking I don't care about driver safety is some hasty conclusion. You'll get the full picture if you go back and read the discussion, although I wouldn't recommend wasting the time. What I basically said during 24 Hours of Daytona was that the race should have been allowed to end under green after the track had been restored for more than an hour. All the pointless arguing in between was pretty much an unnecessary detour because several people misunderstood my point. Again, I really don't see the connection to this - but whatever.

It does say a fair bit about you and your beliefs, in my mind.

You clutching at straws to stir a little drama here also says something about you, in my opinion.

Take what you're saying as serious, or using the word worrying as serious?

The latter.

You don't need to hate fun. All it takes is a brother and cousin well into their 40'ies who occasionally refer to their LEGO hobby as a guilty pleasure when their respective kids couldn't care less about it.

A crappy joke, certainly.

Thank you.

I mean, the Horizon spin-off was expressly created for the purpose of reaching people beyond the "realism" and "purism" domains. And even then, up to now it really hasn't gone THAT far off the rails, realism-wise.

Yeah there's big jumps that would turn your spine into dust and whatnot, but even the Hot Wheels expansion was couched in the idea of it being some kind of extravagant theme park that was built in the "real world", with the opening race showing segments of track being hoisted into place still, and the mechanical dinosaur.

If the next expansion is LEGO, it almost certainly will depart from "realism" further, but I'm okay with that. The entire central conceit of the Horizon games has been absurd all along - this idea of a festival that basically takes over entire states and countries, and lets race car drivers do whatever they want with them for weeks on end.

Motorsport still has all the Nurburgring and starting grids you can eat, haha.

Back