Forza Motorsport’s Car Upgrades Changed After Fan Complaints

• Thread starter Famine
  • 69 comments
I really dislike this leveling-up system. Level up EVERY car? Not me. Sorry turn10 but I have better things to do

Leveling up manufacturer points would have been the best solution. Leveling up every car-model would have been acceptable, but starting on scratch on every single car I might pick up is a bit too much.

I really dislike this leveling-up system. Level up EVERY car? Not me. Sorry turn10 but I have better things to do

Leveling up manufacturer points would have been the best solution. Leveling up every car-model would have been acceptable, but starting on scratch on every single car I might pick up is a bit too much.
It's the worst part about this game. I don't know how anyone enjoys shallow gameplay like this, it just feels like a desperate attempt at player retention.

It's the worst part about this game. I don't know how anyone enjoys shallow gameplay like this, it just feels like a desperate attempt at player retention.
I don't think it's so much an attempt at player retention, rather an attempt to milk/farm hours of running the game from people who are playing it on game pass. If anything, I'd expect it to hurt player retention, and certainly player adoption in the first place, as most people will just find it an annoying waste of time.

I don't know if it's known for certain how game pass revenue is passed to individual game developers, but I've seen it speculated that it's based on the total hours each game has been played. Those of us who aren't playing on game pass have to suffer the same game mechanic even though the benefit of our playing hours to them will be minimal.

Last edited:
Dang still no apology? :( I've never seen someone run away from a post so hard in recent times.

I don't think it's so much an attempt at player retention, rather an attempt to milk/farm hours of running the game from people who are playing it on game pass.
I mean, that is more or less a likely strategy for player retention, no? Regardless of what side of the pass we're on.

Last edited:
I mean, that is more or less a likely strategy for player retention, no? Regardless of what side of the pass we're on.
I see retention as meaning you have e.g. 1000 players, how do you keep as many of them as possible playing the game. The car level system I'd see as being more likely to cause players to stop playing the game due to annoyance with it, or not even buy or install (if game pass subscribers) the game in the first place, so you acquire and retain fewer players, but those who do continue to play rack up more hours because they're AFK levelling cars up so they can do something useful to them. It's like the whale concept but applied to playing hours instead of microtransaction purchases.

I see retention as meaning you have e.g. 1000 players, how do you keep as many of them as possible playing the game. The car level system I'd see as being more likely to cause players to stop playing the game due to annoyance with it, or not even buy or install (if game pass subscribers) the game in the first place, so you acquire and retain fewer players, but those who do continue to play rack up more hours because they're AFK levelling cars up so they can do something useful to them. It's like the whale concept but applied to playing hours instead of microtransaction purchases.
Oh I don't disagree that the car leveling system seems more likely to drive away players than to bring them in, but I don't think that takes away from the idea that it was likely set as a tactic to keep retention. If anything, it was just a bad tactic that blew up in their faces, for the most part.

I would like to see the option to spend credits for car levels. That way you get a free upgrade if you level the car but can upgrade to try something different easily, maybe with a Credit refund as you level the car.

Back