Forza Motorsport 2 Official !!

• Thread starter _aj
  • 1,983 comments
DWA
Like you'll scroll untill it gets to 12h left, then it starts over with an auction ending at say 5m left. WTF... ? :odd:

The ones up top(have a blue background thing) are featured auction's, so they show up first. When it starts again you are into the non featured auction's;)

I never did get featured... seems like a good way to screw yourself or your profit margin at best...? xD Not that there is such a thing in the AH when you have idiots running around bidding like chickens with there heads cut off.

The only thing that I don't like is that Turn10 mixed time-based auctions (Ebay) with fast-rate auctions (in person car auctions).

If an auction runs out of time, it should run out of time. Even in real auctions, when 3 is finally said, you can't stand up and bid as the gavel has been slammed.

When I started career I began in Japan and now that I want to buy European and American cars half of the time it says that I have to reach a certain level in Europe and America?
Is this actually neccessary or will they be unlocked when I get to level 50?

I don't think I can be bothered playing up to level 30 or so in two other areas and pay $100K to do so.

Do you have internet access?

Just buy the missing cars off the auction house.

I bought an NSX-R GT for only 30k. :P

G.T
Do you have internet access?

Just buy the missing cars off the auction house.

I bought an NSX-R GT for only 30k. :P

:dopey: already got one of them.....

My 360 is internetted but I don't have gold, I just don't spend enough time gaming to justify it really. Can you still use the Auction house with silver?

The only thing that I don't like is that Turn10 mixed time-based auctions (Ebay) with fast-rate auctions (in person car auctions).

If an auction runs out of time, it should run out of time. Even in real auctions, when 3 is finally said, you can't stand up and bid as the gavel has been slammed.
It is still a shame how an auction goes back to 2 minutes, when someone bids in the last minute, because before I first found out about this I tried a sniper bid tactic, but then I was shocked to see it went up to 2 minutes.

However I bet Turn 10 now won't update the auction house to allow people to do sniper bid tactics.

They are actually considering making an auction end when it should end and also putting a maximum price that you can bid at to stop the billion credit sales. Turn 10 are listening to their community that's for sure.

It is still a shame how an auction goes back to 2 minutes, when someone bids in the last minute, because before I first found out about this I tried a sniper bid tactic, but then I was shocked to see it went up to 2 minutes.

However I bet Turn 10 now won't update the auction house to allow people to do sniper bid tactics.
That's what I was refering to. I had a $26,000 bid on a F1 GTR for well over 3 minutes when it said 2 minutes remaining. Then, when it said 1, someone jumped in with everyone else and skyrocketed the price.
Of course, this leads me to believe that the Auction House has off-set minutes. I've easily recorded more than once the Auction House taking a minute and 10 seconds to a minute and 30 seconds to change.

This isn't the case though, with the AH page at Forzamotorsport.net.

They are actually considering making an auction end when it should end and also putting a maximum price that you can bid at to stop the billion credit sales. Turn 10 are listening to their community that's for sure.
While that's good and dandy, they don't need to be considering, they need to be doing. Their last update, as I believed correctly, was to end the money cheaters at the Auction House, yet folks still reported them.

At long last over the weekend, I finally got to play Forza 2 as a demo. Here is my short overview of this title judging on the demo.

<b>--- Overview ---</b>
The track provided is one that I've raced on as an rFactor download, only a short course. It's Mugello. This Mugello short course is pretty tough.

<b>--- Cars Used ---</b>
You get cars in "B," "A," and "R2." * My "B" car was the Mazdaspeed Mazda RX-7. Blue is my "official" color, so I was at home with this car's beautiful shade of blue. It sounded pretty cool. Its performance was also quite cool. Traditionally, lower-powered cars have better handling at the expense of top speed. The Mazdaspeed RX-7 was a handful. * I'm racing an Italian course... why not an Italian car? So I got my true love- the Ferrari F430. She's a beautiful girl. I wanted to go red, but chose another blue color. It sounded great. This is the first time you're going to read this from me: I hope the Ferrari F430 in GT5 can sound as great as the one in Forza 2. * I tried two R2 cars. I raced (Houston and Texas' own) Risi Competitizione Maserati MC12. Had my butt handed to with this awesome Maserati. I had flashbacks of the Forza 1 demo when I had raced the Nissan R390 GT1 when someone knocked into me and knocked me into the wall on the start. On the restart, I won the race. Yeah! Take that, m:censored:f:censored:ers!

<b>--- Physics ---</b>
Racing without anti-lock brakes isn't as easy as it seems. The cars seem to handle more like stock cars without anti-lock brakes. Have to brake earlier than usual. I also tried to accelerate quickly to try to power out of corners without losing too much ground. I put all aids on and actually liked my experience. Compared to GT games, GT cars seem to feel quite heavy. It feels great.

<b>--- Others ---</b>
This will be a mostly brief overview. It seems to have better in-game music than FM1. Custom soundtrack or not, no defending (some) of the songs from FM1. Great stuff. The cars look absolutely amazing and goes by quite well. Again, I want GT-loving-Forza-haters to at least try this deal out. Not much element of surprise like with Enthusia, but it's really a quality package.

Turn 10 is still drafting with Polyphony Digital. PD has the edge, but if FM2 is any indication, then FM2 may get the slide edge in this slipstream battle of two of the best racing games for consoles. I've been one of the biggest Forza haters until FM1 made me think otherwise. FM2 looks to go one step further from FM1. Mission accomplished. See? A good review of Forza without giving a cheap shot to Gran Turismo. I may use a few more cars next time I do the Forza 2 demo. One knock on the Forza 2 demo- the intro kind of skips a bit and a bit slow to load. Otherwise, great stuff. I may add more to my overview in the future.

After coming from the GT5:P impressions thread this game looks like it's aged faster than a 30yr old woman chain smoking non-stop for a year and now looks older than my grandma.

I have a question, not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I just bought my 360 two days ago and just realized that my forza 2 plays in what seems to be wide screen, i dont have an HD wide screen TV and my settings are set to normal TV. Is there any way to eliminate the two black bars on the top and bottom of the screen so its in full screen? thanks

Check your settings under system tab on your dashboard. If that doesn't work go to Forza's in-game options menu and look there to make sure there's not an option for widescreen. I can't remember offhand if it has one or not.

Thanks.

Now I have a rather more serious problem. game crashed and now I cant onto xbox live on forza, and when I go on to the site my photos and auction stats are all there but slapped over my gamertag picture at the top says:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Thanks.

Now I have a rather more serious problem. game crashed and now I cant onto xbox live on forza, and when I go on to the site my photos and auction stats are all there but slapped over my gamertag picture at the top says:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sounds like a server app error.. I'd wait a little while and then try again.. What you're seeing is a typical .NET error message...

I was able to get this game working without it freezing while browsing my cars, and I forgot how fun a game it is. Although I still don't get what idiot thought having a test car mode without a replay was a good thing.

Hey guys I just bough the copy today, it was 13 dollars. First time I rented it. Seems back then I had more fun with it then today.
I know my bro will enjoy it tho. As well something new to race with for myself too, its just hard to get use to..

Sure its not as sim today as GT5P, but its 13 bucks and really fun :)

Only complain I have is the MUSIC really sucks, my head hurts when I go into Menus, I hated GT's elevator music, but at least my head did not hurt on menu screens, lol.

I do not have Xbox Live anymore, but anyone could suggest a cool car to get to have really fun with? Currently I am in EURO mode and Drive the Audi TT.. it such a slug, waste of credits.. but I do not wanna start all over again... any suggestions on cool European car to have most fun out of it?

Some of them. But I reccomend only changing rear/front wheel drives into four wheel drive. A major flaw with Forza 2 is that it doesn't change weight distribution with drivetrain swaps. You can change the Nissan Skyline into a rear wheel driver with the R390's engine, but it retains it's 57/43 weight distribution. It's even worse with Civics and Celicas.

After week of play..

Well Physics are terrible I think, I do not understand why people call it SIM racer. I mean they are not ARCADEY for sure, but there are moments game feels that this game is Arcade/Sim.

My brother is having good time with it, alto he wishes there were more Mercedes Benz, as well more European cars. I agree with him, the car list they have is really WEAK!

Hmm what else... I still dislike they A, B, C, classes like in Forza 1. AI is really TERRIBLE. Seems once you loose AI, somehow by last few laps it manages to be on your tail. They can easily spin you out, but you can't to them. So AI is terrible

Customization is great, I like how you can swap engines, make a FF car a AWD, etc etc. I also like how you can have BIGGER and WIDER wheels. It's a neat small idea. I hope GT5 will have that.

Car damange, its fresh over GT games. Sure car damange is not realistic. But hey, its something! :) So if I crash, during a race, it really affects the ride. So I like it. Only problem is that I can't kill a car. Only way I did it that its really really 5mph slow car..

Overall Good game. Cost me 13 or 14 USD used game, so it's not bad. Nice crunch time. My brother likes it more then me so its all good.

Er, you're wrong. If you set the damage to simulation, if you hit a wall, the most power you're generating is about seven.

Er, you're wrong. If you set the damage to simulation, if you hit a wall, the most power you're generating is about seven.

I have everything set to SIM, Just ABS ON. (With off it's very unrealistic)

But that is what I am saying, YOU can not KILL a car. But if you DO hit a wall the car is in such a condition that is almost un-drivable, but it is not DEAD as it would be in games such as GTR2, or other games like that.

Back