Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Sorry, I guess I could have been more specific. Well the road just disappears on occasion, my chevy aveo that I started with had a volkswagen jetta body on its chassis for some reason after a race. And now I cant get past one of the RWD events on season play without it freezing up. The game was brand new when I got it, and my xbox never shows the "disc unreadable" message when it freezes, so I'm thinking it must be the game. It's a shame cause its a really good game otherwise.

Is it the first race of the series? Is it freezing while the track is loading, before or after it has loaded?

Since GT5 is soo far away, as well noting new for PC sim's (except iRacing)

I need to ask my brother to bring back Xbox 360 to gaming room, and I need to save up for Fanatec Turbo S wheel and play the game again. It sucks with the pad for me, I want more feedback!

Sorry, I guess I could have been more specific. Well the road just disappears on occasion, my chevy aveo that I started with had a volkswagen jetta body on its chassis for some reason after a race. And now I cant get past one of the RWD events on season play without it freezing up. The game was brand new when I got it, and my xbox never shows the "disc unreadable" message when it freezes, so I'm thinking it must be the game. It's a shame cause its a really good game otherwise.

Pretty sure you've got a bad disc then. I haven't heard any of this happening, however the Jetta body sounds like a disc problem. A friend of mine had his Xbox moved while the game was playing and his game would never load wheels correctly again.

Pretty sure you've got a bad disc then. I haven't heard any of this happening, however the Jetta body sounds like a disc problem. A friend of mine had his Xbox moved while the game was playing and his game would never load wheels correctly again.

That may be it. It did it again today with a focus RS that I won. Gave me a jetta with no wheels. I first played it on my friends xbox, and after the first race with the R8 it wouldn't play any more. So I tried on my xbox and I'm getting these glitches. Also it freezes up on a race on Season Play so I cant progress any further in the game. I'll probably just take it back.

Ok, so I gave up today and bought a 360 elite including F3 and PURE and LEGO Batman... funny how the same shop sells the same bundle, but without F3 for 29 Euros more(!) . :lol:

So far I'm liking it, only is the livery editor really the same crap like NFS:S? How are you supposed to make liveries with that? Oh well, back to my Yaris...

Oh and people don't joke when they say 360 is loud, heh. :eek:

Ok, so I gave up today and bought a 360 elite including F3 and PURE and LEGO Batman... funny how the same shop sells the same bundle, but without F3 for 29 Euros more(!) . :lol:

So far I'm liking it, only is the livery editor really the same crap like NFS:S? How are you supposed to make liveries with that? Oh well, back to my Yaris...

You can put 4,100 vinyls per car. You can literally make ANY design in the world you want. Its the best vinyl editor out there but it does take some artistic ability and creativity. Or you could search the storefront and buy any design you want from other people. You can even use key words to search for specific vinyl groups or vinyl designs.
To quite your 360 down you should install your games. It also extends the life of your 360.

You can put 4,100 vinyls per car. You can literally make ANY design in the world you want. Its the best vinyl editor out there but it does take some artistic ability and creativity. Or you could search the storefront and buy any design you want from other people. You can even use key words to search for specific vinyl groups or vinyl designs.
To quite your 360 down you should install your games. It also extends the life of your 360.

Oh, I see with so many layers, it 's probably much better than I thought with some practice.
How do I install games, didn't see a option for it?

If you think the Elite is loud you should hear some of the earlier models. I bought an Elite and FM3 before Christmas, not to give up on GT5 but because I had been planning on it, and I thought it was loud. Then I visited a friend's house who has a launch model (well, seven replacements post launch) and I thought he had a jet engine sitting there. When I asked about it he and another guy made comments about that being normal.

Have fun with Forza 3. I got through Level 25 and 3 seasons before taking a break to play some of the games friends loaned me. Despite what some of the bickering folks say it is a good game.

Oh, I see with so many layers, it 's probably much better than I thought with some practice.
How do I install games, didn't see a option for it?
Yeah you can pile up layer after layer and form them any way you want. Then copy layers to the other side or to other cars if you want. Each individual layer can be colored, stretched, sized, rotated, and much more. Thats just 1 vinyl. Now imagine the ability to put 4,100 onto a car. Also dont forget to search in the storefront for other peoples designs. Chances are very high that whatever you want will be in there as a vinyl group or as a design. You can also search for cars in the Auction house. The storefront and auction house are 2 different places.

To install games you go to the dashboard. Go to "My xbox" tab and it should show a pic of your game. After that click the Y button for game details. After a couple seconds the option will pop up asking you to install game. Just click "Install Game" then wait about 7-8 minutes and it will be installed. Hopefully this info is in the correct order.

If you think the Elite is loud you should hear some of the earlier models. I bought an Elite and FM3 before Christmas, not to give up on GT5 but because I had been planning on it, and I thought it was loud. Then I visited a friend's house who has a launch model (well, seven replacements post launch) and I thought he had a jet engine sitting there. When I asked about it he and another guy made comments about that being normal.

Have fun with Forza 3. I got through Level 25 and 3 seasons before taking a break to play some of the games friends loaned me. Despite what some of the bickering folks say it is a good game.
Haha, that's a funny about the earlier models. :P I thought my PS3 is loud, but not anymore. To be fair it's likely the discdrive that's so noisy on the 360.

Thanks guys and thanks CAMAROBOY for the tip with the vinyls and game installing, game details was somehow the only thing I didn't bother to check out. :)

Haha, that's a funny about the earlier models. :P I thought my PS3 is loud, but not anymore. To be fair it's likely the discdrive that's so noisy on the 360.

Thanks guys and thanks CAMAROBOY for the tip with the vinyls and game installing, game details was somehow the only thing I didn't bother to check out. :)

Make sure you install the disc 2 from games main menu, there's and option specially for disc 2. Only install disc 1 from the dashboard.

Yeah my Elite 360 is quite loud too at reading discs so I install every game and its pretty quiet. Glad I didn't buy one of those early models, they sound like my Jet heater at work. :lol:

20-b.jpg

Make sure you install the disc 2 from games main menu, there's and option specially for disc 2. Only install disc 1 from the dashboard.

Yeah my Elite 360 is quite loud too at reading discs so I install every game and its pretty quiet. Glad I didn't buy one of those early models, they sound like my Jet heater at work. :lol:

20-b.jpg

:lol:

I installed the 2nd disc already when I first played the game.
After installing the game disc it got really a lot quieter.

I'm having fun already, I'm not impressed by the presentation and I wish there where more options or I just can't find them ( not only ON/ OFF for driving aids, for example ), but I really enjoy the driving. 👍

I have also rent Tekken 6, Race Pro and PGR4(?)... lots to do this weekend. :D

I'm having fun already, I'm not impressed by the presentation and I wish there where more options or I just can't find them ( not only ON/ OFF for driving aids, for example ), but I really enjoy the driving. 👍
I am similar. I find myself wishing some Forza stuff was in GT and that some GT stuff was in Forza. If we could combine the two...

I find myself wishing some Forza stuff was in GT and that some GT stuff was in Forza. If we could combine the two...

That's so true, great minds... ;)

Quick question: How do I get VIP package... obviously I can't buy it, only get some kryptic error code when I try?

That's so true, great minds... ;)

Quick question: How do I get VIP package... obviously I can't buy it, only get some kryptic error code when I try?

You have to buy the limited edition version of the game, it comes with it. You can't get it otherwise, at least not yet.

I just got to level 50 today and have no motivation to really do anything. I might just hire a driver and race a bunch to buy the Porsche 962.

:lol:

I installed the 2nd disc already when I first played the game.
After installing the game disc it got really a lot quieter.

I have also rent Tekken 6, Race Pro and PGR4(?)... lots to do this weekend. :D
I forgot to mention that you dont have to just play the career mode. You can also go to Event List and pick from any races you want to do. I think the blue indicates the races you can do with your current car. And green indicate races you can do with cars in your garage. Something like that. And you can pick any of them. It will take months to get through all the events.

Also what options are you looking for? There are TONS of options in Forza 3. Tons and tons of them. Its almost overwhelming how many options F3 has.

yes, in multiplayer you can do basically what yopu want, force whatever aids off, force players to use a certain camera, reduce some peoples cars grip by whatever % you want to make races more balanced, choose winners by fastest lap, race, cat & mouse, tag etc etc

LJ
yes, in multiplayer you can do basically what yopu want, force whatever aids off, force players to use a certain camera, reduce some peoples cars grip by whatever % you want to make races more balanced, choose winners by fastest lap, race, cat & mouse, tag etc etc
Dont forget you can also put in bots for the multiplayer while your friends play with you and set their difficulty and their cars to whatever you want. You can race R3 and put them in D class if you want. lol You can do ANTHING you want in the F3 multiplayer.

Dont forget you can also put in bots for the multiplayer while your friends play with you and set their difficulty and their cars to whatever you want. You can race R3 and put them in D class if you want. lol You can do ANTHING you want in the F3 multiplayer.
So you can have TCS at 3 and ABS at 1 if you want in multiplayer?

Why would they not put that in single player?

So you can have TCS at 3 and ABS at 1 if you want in multiplayer?

Why would they not put that in single player?
You can adjust your ABS, TCS, autobrake, driving line and more in the single player in the custom settings. Then that carries over to the multiplayer too. I actually turn all of that off and run manual tranny with clutch.
Some of the more advanced settings are in the "My Profile" section of Forza 3. I think its called my profile. Its the same place with your videos, pictures, leaderboards, gifted items, and everything else. Maybe I am misunderstanding your question??

You can adjust your ABS, TCS, autobrake, driving line and more in the single player in the custom settings. I actually turn all of that off and run manual tranny with clutch. Some of the hidden settings are in the "My Profile" section. I think its called my profile. Maybe I am misunderstanding your question??
When I am playing in career mode all I am seeing is On/Off toggles. Are you saying that I can go into the settings on each individual car and adjust the settings for TCS and ABS to a certain degree and save that setting specifically to that car the way every GT game can? If so, I can't find it, and that is what H2OHYBRID_GT is talking about.

When I am playing in career mode all I am seeing is On/Off toggles. Are you saying that I can go into the settings on each individual car and adjust the settings for TCS and ABS to a certain degree and save that setting specifically to that car the way every GT game can? If so, I can't find it, and that is what H2OHYBRID_GT is talking about.
The braking I know for sure you can change for each car. Its in the tuning section and you have to buy the best brake upgrade. Then you can set the brake sensitivity to front or rear, also the amount of brake pressure. This can be adjusted and saved for each car. I am at work so I cant list specific instructions.

I don't think he's understanding what you're getting at...

No, you cannot set the TCS/ABS to anything but on or off, whether you're in career or multiplayer modes.

;)

I see what you mean foolkiller, traction control and ABS are either on or off in the game options. If you want to fine tune these you would have to do so in the car tuning like CAMARO says, for brakes you can change the pressure and for traction what I do with TCS off on the more high powered cars is make changes to the differential and gears if there is too much power

Back