• Limited Collectors Edition

Votes: 223 68.2%
  • Standard Edition

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 13.1%

• Total voters
Fanatec's comments about new patch and steering modes:

"The steering mode "simulation" let all cars oversteer more easily. Even the slowest Nissan Datsun 510 going uphill on Fujimi Kaido will oversteer easily although the power of the car is not enough to go higher than second gear most of the time. Do an oval track with a Mercedes C63 and you will fly off in every corner. Tim Schrick mentioned the tendency to oversteer the virtual M5 already on his comparision to the real car and he was using the old simulation mode.

I think the problem is not the oversteering but calling the mode "simulation". If T10 would have chosen "drift mode" it would have been more appropriate and still makes sense as it is fun to play. Remember: difficult not equal to realistic.

If you want to have more realistic car behavior and be faster than in the old simulation mode, you need to turn the steering mode to "normal" now.

If you stay in "simulation" mode it helps to turn down the sensitivity to 270° or even lower to 180° to make ultra fast movements. This is nothing for smooth drivers! "
http://911wheel.de/?q=blogs/thomas

Mhh, no, even with at least 3-4 years of SIM racing experience, I cant drive in Forza 4. The car acts totaly strange when you even turn the wheel only 10 degrees and spins out. Especially with this patch, the steering must be much smoother. Something does not work for me. As I said, I dont know how realistic it is. But I cant imagine that it can be that hard to drive even B-Class cars...

I use 900 degree with my Fanatec GT2
Force Feedback 100 and ingame full

I think the same way...

I have noticed that steering ratio is variable in Forza 4; steering rate is lower when wheel is near center position. I tried fixing this with fanatec linearity setting but just the setting adjusted it in the wrong way(negative linearity setting would be needed)'
Does anybody have any tricks how this could be solved. This one of the reasons why steering does not feel connected to road to me.

Also I would adjust steering going light in understeer to much lower setting. Now I can surely feel the understeer but it is too light to be realistic.(just feels wrong to me)

Back