Forza Motorsport 4 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 4' started by Mr Latte, Jul 1, 2011.

?

What Version Do You Intend To Buy

1. Limited Collectors Edition

223 vote(s)
    68.2%
  2. Standard Edition

61 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. Undecided

43 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

We don't seem to have a "General Discussion" thread for FM4 yet and it would be nice to have one place to chat/discuss things about the game as they are revealed.

I want to use the first few posts here to be used for "Official Confirmed" information/facts/features/screenshots/trailers about the game. This way the thread can be updated regulary and new info/content easily found and should be a good resource for those anticipating its release.

You guys are welcome to post new information etc as it becomes available and it will then also be added to this first page.
    Look forward to discussions and peoples excitment for what looks to be easily the best Forza game yet.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

[​IMG]

Info
    Forza 4 Official News Page

Game Versions
    Limited Collectors Edition Boxset

[​IMG]

PRE ORDER UK

27 June, 2011 — “Forza Motorsport 4” speeds to launch on 14 October as it pushes the racing genre forward with unmatched graphics, groundbreaking new community features, radical experiences only possible with Kinect and a landslide of cars from elite automotive brands. And while all “Forza Motorsport 4” players will enjoy this premiere automotive experience, Turn 10 announced buyers of the Limited Collector’s Edition will get the ultimate day-one experience with an additional 25 cars from exclusive car packs and bonus car offers. “Forza Motorsport 4” fans will also be the first in the world to get behind the wheel of the 2012 BMW M5, which was recently unveiled in “Forza Motorsport 4” at the Nürburgring 24 Hour Race in Germany.

Be among the first to take the newly announced 2012 BMW M5 for a test drive before the production car comes out in 2012
    The meticulously designed 2012 BMW M5 is the most powerful production sedan ever created by BMW’s M division and will be featured on the cover of the “Forza Motorsport 4” Limited Collector’s Edition. The 2012 BMW M5 will be available as part of the “BMW M5 Fan Pack,” available starting at launch to all “Forza Motorsport 4” owners who download it from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. With the BMW M5, fans will be able to experience Autovista mode, where “Top Gear’s” Jeremy Clarkson takes fans on a virtual tour of the world’s most sought-after cars. In addition, the M5 will be added to fans’ garages and a BMW theme will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

“At BMW we are thrilled to offer fans the first chance, whether it’s in game or on the road, to experience the brand new BMW M5 in ‘Forza Motorsport 4,’” said Mr. Ralf Hussmann, general manager BMW Sportmarketing & Cooperation. “‘Forza Motorsport’ players are some of the most loyal and passionate automotive fans in the world, so the choice to partner with Turn 10 Studios to feature our car in the game and on the cover of the Limited Collector’s Edition was an obvious win for BMW. We invite fans everywhere to celebrate the new M5 debut in ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ on 14 October”.

BMW M5 Fan Pack:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The VIP Car Pack:
    •2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
    •2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
    •2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
    •2010 Noble M600
    •2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
    •1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
    •2011 Koenigsegg Agera
    •1997 Lexus SC300
    •2011 RUF RGT-8
    •2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

Additional
    10 car add-on pack featuring a selection of the best classic American muscle cars
    Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by "Top Gear”

Standard Edition

[​IMG]

Pre Order USA
    Pre Order UK

PRE ORDER CARS:
    Different stores have one of these different cars:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Official Controllers
    Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel
    Expected Price $59.99 / £44.99

Launching in early October, the Wireless Speed Wheel is completely wireless and controlled intuitively with precise steering, standard controller buttons/triggers, and haptic feedback with rumble. The device is compatible with all racing games right out of the box*. The Wireless Speed Wheel will be available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP) and will ship to retailers worldwide beginning September 26, 2011. This device combines a fun and immersive driving experience with the biggest racing game of the year, the best rated “Forza Motorsport.”

With trigger buttons for gas and brake, combined with a rumble feedback, the Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel provides intuitive standard controller buttons that immerse the driver into the game, whether you like to white knuckle it down the race track with your hands at “10 and 2” or “9 and 3.”

The new Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel balances the realism of a wheel with the feel of a controller for greater user edge in game play. It includes buttons for game specific functions including triggers, ABXY and D-pad along with green bands of lights on each handle to provide visual cues when necessary.

*Limited functionality in some games. See www.xbox.com/wsw for details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

Confirmed Features

To be updated...

4. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

Edit
    Image host issues

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  5. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

Videos Of Interest / NON OFFICIAL

(Added July 2nd)
    Various Screenshots

Nurburgring F1 Circuit / BMW M5 2012 Onboard
    See FM3 Vs FM4 Comparison At End.

BMW Launch Event

Top Gear "Test Track" Kia Onboard

6. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

Okay so onto discussions.

One thing I wanted discuss is some of the snaps taken here from the "Dan/Gamespot" interview
    It shows some of the various screens and options.
    [​IMG]

I personally like how the race options seem to allow ASSISTS / HUD / AUDIO / HEAD TRACKING to be adjusted pre race and not have to go to a main menu for this.

Also "Rivals Mode" look at the table, what are the furthest right icons representing?

Dan also mentioned in this interview that alternative time of day will feature in the game. Perhaps not real time lighting or time adjusted lighting like GT5 had but it will as the official website also states have some tracks with varied lighting conditions/time of day.

So who thinks Lemans seems almost certain for night racing along with other tracks?

7. t.o.

t.o.

I don't know what the second to right is but the last icon represents a "dirty lap" time. I think only drafting times though. Not exactly sure but I do know it's dirty lap time for the last one.
    The circle one is different as it used to be a paperclip saying your ghost replay was saved as being top 100. It may be the same thing just a different icon.

8. cuco33

cuco33

Is 'steering - assisted' the new option that allows us to pick full blown sim without any (minor) assist?

9. VXR

VXR

The menus are a bit ugly, imo. T10 just can't design clean menus without blinding you in FM3.

10. daspianist

daspianist

Oops :)

11. jasjeet

jasjeet

Menus look 'old school' to me. However as long as they are fast like previous Forza's i am not complaining, GTs menus are beautiful but the dam loading takes the piss.

12. IceZ

IceZ

I think those menus look pretty clean to me? Better than the GT5 menus all over the place.

13. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

Yes, he states in the video that this can now be turned off.
    So the game won't make small corrections regards keeping the car stable.

Number Of Cars?
    I see some places say the game will have 500 cars.
    FM3 with all the DLC cars had over 500 cars (Ultimate Edition). This was apparently from 50 manufacturers. So if we now have 80 manufacturers or more. Does this mean that all cars from FM3 will not be in FM4 even though Dan said you can import liveries etc. If this isn't the case and all FM3 cars are in FM4 then with an additional 30 manufacturers surely those should represent approximately 100 new cars?

Top Gear Booklet
    This contains the cars from the AUTOVISTA mode.
    If the booklet is 96 pages is it wise to assume we have approx 40-80 cars available with AUTOVISTA?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  14. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

Appreciate the time your going to put into the thread Mr Latte.

Don't want to be a Debbie downer but any GT comparisons should go into the Forza vs GT thread started by Scaff.

Let's help Mr Latte keep it clean eh.

15. zr1chris

zr1chris

All they have really said is that it will have over 500 cars. That basically means it could be anywhere between 501 and 599. If its anywhere around 540 or more then I think you could still get all the past cars and include 1-2 cars from each new manufacturer. 560-580 would allow for some manufacturers to have a few cars since as we know there will definitely be some that only have one. They are not missing any of the major manufacturers so they don't need any more than maybe 4-5 cars for a particular manufacturer.

16. t.o.

t.o.

I'm pretty sure they have a way of tracking which cars are getting the most use and which cars hardly get any play at all. Those that don't get any action probably will get the axe this time around. Sucks for the fan of those cars but that's probably what's going to go down. Hopefully that's whats going down and not Porsche getting the axe :(

Infact , if I'm not mistaken, every race you do in the game the results go to the leaderboard. So they have a HUGE database of which cars are getting play and which car are collecting dust.

17. zr1chris

zr1chris

But its only your fastest time that goes to the leaderboard. So it will only show the fastest cars in most cases which doesnt mean they are the most used. Just the most used to get a fast time.

18. t.o.

t.o.

I'm not talking about what the leaderboard displays, I'm talking about the fact that after every race the data goes to the servers. They could easily be tracking which cars get used the most with this data.

19. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

Hate to mention it but have Porsche been confirmed or denied yet?

20. t.o.

t.o.

Nope, wont get that info till someone leaks it or when we get the game.

21. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

As someone said. Forzas car count must be around 500 by now.

If Forza 4 car count is around the 500 mark with obviously some new cars added. Then some cars must have taken a hit.

Hope it's not what I'm thinking.

22. t.o.

t.o.

I know what you're saying. I'm just hoping it's less used cars getting the axe. Hopefully.

23. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Premium

The fun begins when you try to work out the approx 30 new manufacturers.

24. zr1chris

zr1chris

Im actually counting 66 manufacturers in Forza 3 with all DLC. That only leaves 14 more.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  25. zr1chris

zr1chris

Sorry for the double post but here is the list of 66 manufacturers that are in Forza 3 including all DLC.

1. Acura
    2. Alfa Romeo
    3. Aston Martin
    4. Audi
    5. Bently
    6. BMW
    7. Bugatti
    8. Cadillac
    9. Chevy
    10.Chrysler
    11. Citroen
    12. Dodge
    13. Ferrari
    14. Fiat
    15. Ford
    16. Holden
    17. Honda
    18. Hyundai
    19. Infiniti
    20. Jaguar
    21. Koenigsegg
    22. Lamborghini
    23. Lexus
    24. Lotus
    25. Land Rover
    26. Maserati
    27. Mazda
    28. McLaren
    29. Mercedes
    30. Mini
    31. Mitsubishi
    32. Nissan
    33. Opel
    34. Pagani
    35. Panoz
    36. Peugeot
    37. Pontiac
    38. Porsche
    39. Renault
    40. Saab
    41. Saleen
    42. Saturn
    43. Scion
    44. Seat
    45. Shelby
    46. Subaru
    47. Toyota
    48. TVR
    49. Vauxhaull
    50. Volvo
    51. VW
    52. Buick
    53. Devon
    54. Gumpert
    55. Joss
    56. Mosler
    57. Radical
    58. Rossion
    59. Spada
    60. Spyker
    61.Wiesmann
    62. Morgan
    63. Bertone
    64. SSC
    65. Kia
    66. Plymouth

26. t.o.

t.o.

Although not on the level of "you know who" there are some cars that are kinda repeats of each other. I think there are two Porsches that are about one PI from each other. Same I think with Corvettes. Not saying there's 20 versions of the same thing but I think a few could be consolidated , there's a link somewhere with all the rides in Japanese or something. I'll find it for you guys.

EDIT: Here it is, http://www.neo2.jp/games/forza3/carlist_bmw.shtml

27. madwi

madwi

Lemans with night racing would make me smile!

I absolutely love the menus. They are simple and not cluttered up. They look like they are going to be "fluid" or "smooth". I like the color choices used also.Hopefully the load times are decent, i'm not a patient person :)

Looking at those pics, I'm really excited about the different features the game has to offer. Rivals, car clubs and livery editor are going to make me feel really into the game, and I've been wanting that in a racing game.
    I just pre-ordered the LCE from amazon tonight and it got me really wishing it would hurry up and be release date already. :tup:

28. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

It's been the biggest part of a year since I played FM3, but as I recall FM3 definitely had the brake assist whereby it helps you do your braking, and I just presumed steering assist was the same concept but for steering.

I never had any trouble with FM3's menus. Actually, I kinda liked the cleanliness of them. Sure, they're not fancy, but they have a sort of simple sophistication about them. People complained of being blinded by the white, but I always told those people that they need to see their local optometrist. People's eyes shouldn't be so sensitive that white blinds them.

I actually much prefer FM3's menus over GT5's, and if I could wave a magic wand and replace GT5's menu setup with FM3's, I would. It's sort of like PD just arranged a bunch of graphics and buttons randomly about the screen, sort of like the screen was a bulletin board and the menu items were notes that they tacked on there wherever they found a spot for them. I feel like I should be navigating the GT5 screens with a mouse rather than on a controller or wheel.

I suppose I already just agreed with that, but in far more words.

From memory, that's at least how FM3 done it. If I do a race right now, my fastest lap will go to the boards for that circuit as soon as I'm finished with that race, provided that it's faster than any times I might previously have posted there. As I recall, dirty laps go to the bottom of the list, even if there are clean laps that are ten times slower. I'm also wanting to say that they break the times up into PI categories, so that you can see the top lap times for F-class cars on such-and-such track, and then another list for E cars, and another for D, another for C, and so forth..., but I can't swear to that because it's been a while.

29. t.o.

t.o.

Actually I bet it's the fact that the majority of the people who play don't have their TV set correctly. Most people probably don't touch a thing when they take it out the box which is the absolutely worse way to have it set. If set right the white should not be blinding people.

30. VXR

VXR

For the record, I don't have a problem with FM3's menus, but it seems enough people did for them to switch to dark colours with orange highlights.