Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
To me there is major differences between the FM5 and FM4 Agera, yes the FM5 model is better and you can see the detail difference in the headlamps, but if you put an FM4 logo on it you would be none the wiser

Sadly it turns out that final version has several (noticeable) graphical downgrades from build that shown at E3 (missing ambient occlusion, some texture downgrades, lower resolution shadows, lower quality lighting, 2D crowd (lol), and many more...). My guess the game using LOD on cars again. However not all content was analysed.

It seems like E3 build was running on high-end PC. Maybe I will make a topic about that tomorrow. No complains - I'm just taking graphics seriously.

(just quick comparison:

E3 build (claimed working real-time on XBone hardware, 1080p@60fps, via twitter and "all in-game footage" subtitles)

Fcutzg1.png

5eG8gb4.png

Final

J7MARIc.png

vtikJ0f.png

Edit: Turn10 made it again. Sorry for multiple edits.

Last edited:
Sadly it turns out that final version has several (noticeable) graphical downgrades from build that shown at E3 (missing ambient occlusion, some texture downgrades, lower resolution shadows, lower quality lighting, 2D crowd (lol), and many more...). My guess the game using LOD on cars again. However not all content was analysed.

It seems like E3 build was running on high-end PC. Maybe I will make a topic about that tomorrow. No complains - I'm just taking graphics seriously.

To get the game locked at 60fps no doubt sacrifices most likely needed to be made.

Give me locked 60fps over the things you mentioned every day of the week.

To get the game locked at 60fps no doubt sacrifices most likely needed to be made.

Give me locked 60fps over the things you mentioned every day of the week.

I agree, but they've shown "working build" (I'm NOT talking about trailers), and claimed that graphics will get only better. They ALMOST sold me a $500 XBOne + FM5 because of those "gameplay" builds. I agree PD always taking a photomode "bullshots" and their trailers are looked awesome. But this is different situation and I don't even want to explain if you disagree. I'm not talking that this is not the first time they basically lied.

Last edited:
Different times of day between the builds, E3 is afternoon and harsh lighting, Final build is dawn/dusk softer lighting, the final build also has a better colour range, I'm not disagreeing that they're different, I'm just offering up some variables :)

They fixed the wheels & proportions on the Ferraris. They're minor details separately, but ones I am happy to see fixed now.
F40:
F40.jpg

bilder_110205.jpg

F50: Notice that the car is now a USA-spec model instead of the Euro-spec previously used.
epcp-1110-27-o%2Bforza-motorsport-4%2Bferrari-f50.jpg

bilder_110202.jpg

Enzo:
forza-motorsport-4-2002-ferrari-enzo-ferrari-70097.jpg

bilder_110200.jpg

(just quick comparison:

E3 build (claimed working real-time on XBone hardware, 1080p@60fps, via twitter and "all in-game footage" subtitles)

Fcutzg1.png

5eG8gb4.png

Final

J7MARIc.png

vtikJ0f.png

Edit: Turn10 made it again. Sorry for multiple edits.

They replaced generic 3d animated models without textures for 2d models with real faces and textures. The crowd looks unbelievable good in the all gameplay footage (everyone is praising that). Theres just one spot in the entire Prague replay where you can see its not 3D (pic you posted). I wouldn't call that a downgrade, more like a optimization. And if it work like the trees, the 2d people will always be facing you, so it will not appear like a batalant cardboard as in GT games.

Far better to have that crowd than uncanny valley 3D models or worse, the awful ones in Horizon.

Woah, did anyone else get their XBONE upgraded to day1 edition on amazon?
I had preordered the normal version since day1 were long gone and within the past week, my order has changed day1.

p
f5-compare3cdonz.jpg

left is release and right is pre release

When optimizing you improve some stuff and downgrade. Happens with every game. Forza is 60fps at native 1080p locked from what we've seen so far which is a tall ask when other games vary from 30-60 or keep at 25-30fps. Some lighting is a bit off on some tracks but the crowds aren't too important. they've improved a lot over older games and seem to be placed in greater numbers.

Overall impressive and to me native 1080p is a winner all day. upscaling from 900p, applying sharpening filters is horrid. Take a look at COD and BF4 on Xbox One, they really need to tone down that sharpening filter.

Last edited:
p
f5-compare3cdonz.jpg

left is release and right is pre release

When optimizing you improve some stuff and downgrade. Happens with every game. Forza is 60fps at native 1080p locked from what we've seen so far which is a tall ask when other games vary from 30-60 or keep at 25-30fps. Some lighting is a bit off on some tracks but the crowds aren't too important. they've improved a lot over older games and seem to be placed in greater numbers.

Overall impressive and to me native 1080p is a winner all day. upscaling from 900p, applying sharpening filters is horrid. Take a look at COD and BF4 on Xbox One, they really need to tone down that sharpening filter.

I agree, there SOME upgrades too (new/upgraded buildings/textures), but beside that - it's mostly downgrade. Look how good lighting and hand textures are on E3 build - call me impressed - hands look like real, shadows are sharp. But when I saw final game - don't get me wrong - It's above anything I've seen but I feel it's like FM4 at 1080p. Again - E3 build left in me feeling of complete new game/graphics engine.

Of course it has optimization, but where you saw the game that looked WORSE by the time? Oh wait...I know - It's GT on PS3, the game looked worse and worse since GTHD, but in that case PD constantly adding new game features and techs, but hardware is limited, so they "cutting" in other aspects. Right now FM5 are in same situation. But I never saw guys actually playing GT on powerful PC's, with perfect IQ, with confirmation from Kaz that is how it will look like, and even better by the time.

You all saying that some sacrifices has to be made to run it at 60fps, but how doesn't developers now that they missing the 60fps target? I thought times of 2D crowds/trees are gone forever lol.

1. It were running on high-end PC, like all other XBone games during E3.
2. XBone is not as nearly powerful that is claimed to be.
3. Turn10 knew all the **** but confirmed via twitter that all the builds, plus trailers "not even CGI lol" "running 1080p/60" and "running on original hardware".

No offence guys. I'm looking really positive into next-gen (including WII U with stunning looking exclusives). And best of all PS4 are most powerful of three, and by A LOT. :)

Last edited:
VIP perks are mentioned in the Limited Collector's Edition. I believe it's a few bonus cars that are exclusive to VIP's, and some other things.

The Car Pass buys you six DLC packs (the LaFerrari pack being the first). If they have more after those six months, you'll have to buy them separately (assuming they'll be the same 8 pounds as that first pack).

Ooof, those are some expensive individual cars.

VIP perks are mentioned in the Limited Collector's Edition. I believe it's a few bonus cars that are exclusive to VIP's, and some other things.

The Car Pass buys you six DLC packs (the LaFerrari pack being the first). If they have more after those six months, you'll have to buy them separately (assuming they'll be the same 8 pounds as that first pack).

Ooof, those are some expensive individual cars.
Indeed, but as long as they don't pull that Top-car-requires-pack bull, I will gladly pay it.

BRZ.....Golf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LaFerrari X Forza5

Back