Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
McLaren P1, LaFerrari, I'm really disappointed GT6 wont have these. I have a PS4, XB One doesn't interest me but Forza 5 is a game I would really love to have, it looks fantastic all around excluding the lack of day/night cycles, weather, capped at 16 players online and no Nurburgring.

DON'T WATCH if you're patiently waiting to enjoy the intro and first few minutes of your alone time with FM5.

Cy0arHp.png

Last edited:
I can safely say this is the most fun sim i've played, It's on another level compared to what weve played on consoles before it.

I urge you guys to goto Free play...Pick the Indy Car and race it round Spa in cockpit view...HEAVEN!

Also the Drivatars are brilliant especially when you get friends to race against. Just makes the race so much more fun.

Last edited:
It's designed to get you using a higher difficulty so you get much better racing (more money that way)...and it works...Finishing 8th has never felt so good :)
Does the finishing position then affect the payout at all? So can I then assume that the difficulty level is the only variable to the payout?

As much as I like the idea behind podium = gold, not getting extra money for 1st place makes it feel like we're all getting participation awards.

"If you ain't first, you're last!"

It's designed to get you using a higher difficulty so you get much better racing (more money that way)...and it works...Finishing 8th has never felt so good :)
Also designed so that MS has the same opportunity across players regardless of their ability to make them buy Car tokens.

Seems like an flawed design. People will go for first no matter what. Just because you won't get more money, doesn't mean you still don't want 1st place.
It seems like they made it to please the casuals who will likely have control issues with the new physics.

Seems like an flawed design. People will go for first no matter what. Just because you won't get more money, doesn't mean you still don't want 1st place.
It seems like they made it to please the casuals who will likely have control issues with the new physics.

If your racing you ALWAYS want first ;)

I think T10 have had to add some concessions with regards to it being a launch title and a high proportion of buyers who'll only have Forza 5 to show off their new console. Thank god they cut less important things, so us guys got the fantastic physics model.

Well, I got to play it today and ... is not a bad game, but is a complete rip off.

Part of being short in content in favour of expensive DLC, and part of it being so short in content. They charge full price for what could be consider GT5: prologue amount of content. Is really good looking (mind you those are some of the best 3D cars apart from the ones featured in P-cars) but is short in the things I like.

I really sucks because I enjoyed the game, but the costs behind it are simply unjustifiable. I pounder that by the time I was getting the PS4, it gets really expensive overtime and the game won't hold value (first DLC at launch, then in a few months a extended version of it + DLCs at the same price of retail. Digital goods wont whole value and the whole Xbox One scheme is too expensive to run).

It really annoys me because I have nothing else to on the PS4, and I did expend a good chunk of time playing FM5, listening to TG presenters comments and fiddling with lap times. However being nearly 200 USD more expensive to it's competitor is just outraging. I understand that games are design to make a profit but it is simply consumer abuse.

It really sucks because for the first time I wish FM5 was multiplatform, but given it's base platform I can't simply put myself in a position in which I could accept such a expense, here I'm hoping for both Driveclub and GT6 to match is playable value.

Well, I got to play it today and ... is not a bad game, but is a complete rip off.

Part of being short in content in favour of expensive DLC, and part of it being so short in content. They charge full price for what could be consider GT5: prologue amount of content. Is really good looking (mind you those are some of the best 3D cars apart from the ones featured in P-cars) but is short in the things I like.

I really sucks because I enjoyed the game, but the costs behind it are simply unjustifiable. I pounder that by the time I was getting the PS4, it gets really expensive overtime and the game won't hold value (first DLC at launch, then in a few months a extended version of it + DLCs at the same price of retail. Digital goods wont whole value and the whole Xbox One scheme is too expensive to run).

It really annoys me because I have nothing else to on the PS4, and I did expend a good chunk of time playing FM5, listening to TG presenters comments and fiddling with lap times. However being nearly 200 USD more expensive to it's competitor is just outraging. I understand that games are design to make a profit but it is simply consumer abuse.

It really sucks because for the first time I wish FM5 was multiplatform, but given it's base platform I can't simply put myself in a position in which I could accept such a expense, here I'm hoping for both Driveclub and GT6 to match is playable value.
GT5P was $40 for 76 cars & 6 circuits. FM5 is $60 for 120+ more cars & 8 more circuits. That's not worth an extra $20 in comparison?

I have no idea where this GT5P comparison is starting to come from, but it's stupid. I get that FM5's content has underwhelmed people, but Prologue is far more of a "rip-off" content wise for the price next to Forza 5.

It's still a rip off, the game adds to more content on release, but in DLC form.

Wanna know the full price for a proper FM5, they are charging $50 for the season pass (and this considering that it has an 18% discount), to get 40 cars. Which adds up to a game with 14 tracks and around 250 cars, for around $120 USD.

Is unreasonable, even for DLC standards is outrageous, GT5: prologue was an overpriced tech demo and I get that FM5 is more complete, but it goes too far. GT5P was $40 for 70 cars and 6 circuits, while FM5 really is $110 for 250 cars and 14 tracks, is technically nearly as 3 times as expensive with 3 times the cars it had, and twice the tracks it had.

Now, you're attempting to bring in DLC content to provide a backbone to your argument, something GT5P never had. Game for game off the shelf, GT5P offered less content for the money, simple as that. DLC is an optional extra that isn't required to make the game playable.

The Car Pass also includes 60 cars, not 40. So $50 for 60 cars. How much does Polyphony charge for its extra cars again? How does that make T10 on its pricing choice outrageous?

By such logic, a "proper" GT5 costs $100.

Day 1 DLC, that's the problem.

Content that could have been in the game, but instead you have to pay for. I get that people don't need them, but the fact is that people will fall for it and will pay for it, a practice that should not be encouraged as is a rip-off for the consumer.

Also, PD included tracks, something nowhere to be seen listed in FM5, bringing out GT5: P wasn't the smartest way to prove my point, but the fact that the game is too expensive for what it is, something that should not be ignored.

It's still a rip off, the game adds to more content on release, but in DLC form.

Wanna know the full price for a proper FM5, they are charging $50 for the season pass (and this considering that it has an 18% discount), to get 40 cars. Which adds up to a game with 14 tracks and around 250 cars, for around $120 USD.

Is unreasonable, even for DLC standards is outrageous, GT5: prologue was an overpriced tech demo and I get that FM5 is more complete, but it goes too far. GT5P was $40 for 70 cars and 6 circuits, while FM5 really is $110 for 250 cars and 14 tracks, is technically nearly as 3 times as expensive with 3 times the cars it had, and twice the tracks it had.
Why compare GT5P to FM5 WITH the season pass. I think it's a stretch to think the $40 GT5P with 70 cars and 6 circuits is comparable to the $60 FM5 as-is with over double the content AND many more features (livery editor, full customization, Drivatar, deeper career, damage, sound, to name a few).
I get it, FM5 does not have as much content as FM4 but surely not a limited game in any way and the Next-Gen graphics and physics also adds value.
T10, actually any game company, will NEVER please everyone.

They charge full price for what could be consider GT5: prologue amount of content.

Did I miss something, or get a different copy of Prologue than everybody else? 60 or 70 -ish cars and well under 10 tracks (not locations, tracks) is substantially less than what FM5 is offering. FM5's also offering more cars than GT3 did when it was released, to say nothing of the other features it has that GT doesn't have at all, nevermind Prologue. Livery editor, online that's more robust than random matchmaking, etc etc.

I get that people are balking at the idea that FM5 has a smaller amount of content than both previous iterations of its franchise, and GT, but it's all high-quality stuff, and is pretty typical of launch games. To say it's comparable to what was an overpriced demo is just short-sighted.

...but the fact that the game is too expensive for what it is, something that should not be ignored.
For some people, sure. For someone like me, it's guaranteed to fulfill the next 2 years. I can't name you any other game, other than previous Forza games, and GT 1-4, that can do that.

Speaking of 2-year cycles, I have a gut feeling that the next iteration may be 3-years out. Considering one of the achievements is to log in for over 1,000 days (and that's real days, not in-game days), it only makes sense. There's no way anyone is going to log in for a year straight when a new version is out.

Day 1 DLC, that's the problem.

Content that could have been in the game, but instead you have to pay for. I get that people don't need them, but the fact is that people will fall for it and will pay for it, a practice that should not be encouraged as is a rip-off for the consumer.

Also, PD included tracks, something nowhere to be seen listed in FM5, bringing out GT5: P wasn't the smartest way to prove my point, but the fact that the game is too expensive for what it is, something that should not be ignored.
Day 1 DLC is a problem, but you extended across the next 6 months. So I did the same.

Everything else is irrelevant & based on people's choices of whether they want DLC or not. FM5 is not a bigger rip off than GT5P & is well worth its price in comparison.

How much does Polyphony charge for its extra cars again?

Pretty much the same price Microsoft is charging now. Possibly even less, if I wanted to bother to do the math.

Plus:
How does that make T10 on its pricing choice outrageous?

If nothing else it's certainly very distressing to see the best counterargument to the Turn 10 DLC plan (and not specifically in relation to this particular argument, but across the subforum) for Forza 5 to basically revolve around "at least it's not as bad as PD's" when it's not really any better than the ~$1/car system PD used and far worse than 4's pricing.

Is a problem when the market share shows how profitable the 1 day DLC will turn out to be, I get is based on people's choices, however such choices affect the way future games will be planned.

Also, I had the XL edition of GT5 which was $29, this after about 18 months from game release, it included some paid DLC cars and tracks, which was a way to keep value to something that lost it's value after release.

Meanwhile FM4 is still priced at $30 without DLCs and it's DLC still held it's price. While FM4 never offered an extended edition that include DLCs. Something that will likely happen to FM5.

Again, I get that is based on people's choices, however that does not excuses it from being a ****** model.

I agree with Toronado baisically. T10s buisness model shouldn't be made 'Super dooper!' because it's better than the other side. All in all, it may have more content than Prologue but it's still not a full roster of cars by Forza standards. Plus, it being a launch title shouldn't be an excuse. They chose or MS chose, to make it a launch title, giving it a numeral denominator instantly make it comparable to the other games.

Pretty much the same price Microsoft is charging now. Possibly even less, if I wanted to bother to do the math.
Plus:

If nothing else it's certainly very distressing to see the best counterargument to the Turn 10 DLC plan (and not specifically in relation to this particular argument, but across the subforum) for Forza 5 to basically revolve around "at least it's not as bad as PD's" when it's not really any better than the ~$1/car system PD used and far worse than 4's pricing.
It really wasn't meant as a counter argument if you kept my sentences together, but in reply to someone claiming T10 is outrageous for the price they charge for DLC when Polyphony has been charging the same amount, but gets a pass from Akira (as it has in the past during other debates). I would wager Polyphony's still worse when you dig deeper into the other DLC content they offer. Didn't 1 car pack include some new cars & then a bunch of tuned, already-in-the-game models?

I would wager Polyphony's still worse when you dig deeper into the other DLC content they offer. Didn't 1 car pack include some new cars & then a bunch of tuned, already-in-the-game models?

One car pack (the first one) was largely made up of extensively modified race car versions of cars already in the game (alongside some new go karts), yes. They also charged $8 for 15 cars instead of a buck a car for that pack, so get rid of the X1 retread and the duplicate kart and that's still 13 cars for $8. And it came with the Spec II update where they included a dozen new cars for free. The second car pack was $4 for 4 cars, but one of them was practically a duplicate so let's say $4 for 3 cars. Then they gave away another free car (BreezeFrees). The following DLC pack was $6 for 6 cars, but one of them was a Standard -> Premium so cross that off and $6 for 5 cars. The next pack was broken up, so only two of them really count because the third is another dupe. Then the Corvette on top of that. $20 for 37 cars (or $21 for 37 cars if you want to include the BreezeFrees they charged money for even though they split it up so you could get the other two without paying for it) versus $50 for 60 (that you have to buy in advance unless Microsoft continues offering the Season Pass after the first 6 packs come out).

That's before you factor in that you can buy GT5 outright with all of that stuff included for just a bit more these days. Even Forza 4 with the Season Pass struggles to match that (though I'd say it does overall)

Last edited:
I bought GT5P for £20 but it launched in March/April 2008 for US and EU and Dec 2007 in JPN. PS3 came out in Nov 2006 and March 2007 for EU. That's a year and a half wait for US.

Turn 10 have something decent at launch. By itself has a substantial amount of content in regards to video games.

Still comparisons are silly. Both PD and T10 have the same problem. GT5p content was pretty much all they had at the time. F5 is pretty much all they have. Most of it needs reworking even if the jump isn't quite PS2-PS3. DLC has become a thing, you can carry on working on content while the game is going gold, testing certifications. We already know T10 simply carry on relentlessly creating cars.

For a launch game its very good in my view. Forza 6 will drop in roughly the same time frame as GT5p dropped from launch.

My issue with F5 is the game seems to encourage casual players to pay their way instead of grinding. You can no longer sample all the cars. I used to upload my GT5p saves so people who don't have time or skill can still enjoy everything. That structure is very old school and quite blatent to generate money from those who simply don't have the time. But I don't have the game. It was fortunate GT5p has this workaround. Can you imagine the uproar if GT5p had an option to pay for cars back then.

Crimson Dragon and Ryse has similar stuff which is just how things go now I guess.

Last edited:
Back