Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 208 comments
This bloke from the perhaps appropriately named AngryCentaurGaming got some flak in the comments for ranting about the frame rate drops he and his friends experienced in FM5. Oh well, at least he likes FM6 I think. (thanks to @mrPetros for bringing this one to my attention)

Last edited:
I think the Games Radar review is a pretty fair piece of work and I'm not really sure how he can be getting so much hate when the overwhelming majority haven't played the game yet. He tells us what, in his opinion, is good about the game and what is less good. Isn't that what he's supposed to do?

Read this:

"Forza Motorsport 6 is a wonderful racing simulator that offers great races with fantastic cars. The game itself looks gorgeous down to the last detail. As for the gameplay, playing around with the assists and fine tuning options make you feel as though you really have an important role in your car’s performance on the tracks. Whether you drive a McLaren F1 or a Toyota Supra, remember to take care of your cars, treat them with respect, push them to the max and make them feel alive. Only then will you truly appreciate this game to its fullest."

If you were to guess what this reviewer gave the game... what would you guess?

His complains involved the existence of rewind and any existence of driving in slower vehicles.

Last edited:
I think the Games Radar review is a pretty fair piece of work and I'm not really sure how he can be getting so much hate when the overwhelming majority haven't played the game yet. He tells us what, in his opinion, is good about the game and what is less good. Isn't that what he's supposed to do?
They give Driveclub a 9 at launch with so many problems (Driveclub is a good game now). Man for the content alone this game deserves a 8 atleast. Lets be honest if Driveclub is A 9 at launch this game is 10.

They give Driveclub a 9 at launch with so many problems (Driveclub is a good game now). Man for the content alone this game deserves a 8 atleast. Lets be honest if Driveclub is A 9 at launch this game is 10.

The same guy gave Project Cars a 3.5/5, Driveclub a 4.5/5 and Forza 6 a 3/5.

Agenda confirmed:

J0ZmMJ2.png

You can still see the article in search engines:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=gamesradar watch forza 6 disrespect its pixelated gaming elders&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=gamesradar watch forza 6 disrespect its pixelated gaming elders&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=b0fd0b385bad4e0fa49eb6476ff52620

It was however removed from their website.

http://www.gamesradar.com/forza-6-retro-commercial/

Do you mean the bing link he provided? Because the old article is very much still in evidence in some of the links.

Not sure whether it's some kind of attempt at edgy humour or evidence of a genuine anti FM agenda but there you go.

upload_2015-9-8_15-23-48-png.443726
yeah thnx

Maybe they prefer Arcade games to Simcade? Also from what i remember with DC review code worked perfectly fine it was once the public got their hands on it the servers could not cope.

Still even in today's Driveclub it's a 7.5 at best ;) But we all know these gaming websites get backhanders and privileges which has a huge effect on scores ;)

Must be from grid autosport in his case then. Godo game but a completely different type of racer to forza.

Maybe they prefer Arcade games to Simcade? Also from what i remember with DC review code worked perfectly fine it was once the public got their hands on it the servers could not cope.

Still even in today's Driveclub it's a 7.5 at best ;) But we all know these gaming websites get backhanders and privileges which has a huge effect on scores ;)
What he thinks forza is lacking is just so small vs what the other games lack.

What he thinks forza is lacking is just so small vs what the other games lack.

This is the funniest part of the review:

"I somehow managed to roll my car on a straight because it waggled under acceleration, which grew more violent before turning into a spin, which tipped over and barrelled for some 50m." - Gamesradar

I want to see the replay of this.

BTW this is the same website that re-reviewed Driveclub after DLC and patches and went from a 8/10 to 9/10... that's right they re-reviewed a post-launch game.

They have yet to re-review Forza 5 or Project Cars.

This is the funniest part of the review:

"I somehow managed to roll my car on a straight because it waggled under acceleration, which grew more violent before turning into a spin, which tipped over and barrelled for some 50m." - Gamesradar

I want to see the replay of this.

BTW this is the same website that re-reviewed Driveclub after DLC and patches and went from a 8/10 to 9/10... that's right they re-reviewed a post-launch game.

They have yet to re-review Forza 5 or Project Cars.

I think he means something like this lol

I think he means something like this lol

Nope, he is describing a situation in which as his car accelerates it continues to "wag" until it finally spins and flips.

That video is someone purposely flipping.

Why does it even matter to you guys what one person thinks?

Anyway, there is always one.

tlou.jpg

tlour.jpg

At least it's progressed since this...

fm5.jpg

And that's the only thing that matters. So be happy I say :lol:

I think everyone is getting a little bit too excited for no real reason. We all know the reviews mean absolutely jack. We've all played games that have reviewed well and we've hated and we've all played games that have reviewed badly but we've loved. At the end of the day what will matter to us is what we feel when we boot up the game for the first time. Screw what everybody else thinks!

If all weighed equal and without that review it would be a 94 right now on metacritic.... that's why.

Nope, he is describing a situation in which as his car accelerates it continues to "wag" until it finally spins and flips.

That video is someone purposely flipping.
I don't think the circumstance would have ended up any different then what was shown in the video.

If all weighed equal and without that review it would be a 94 right now on metacritic.... that's why.

Who cares?

It happens. If you know that that would be the score without that review, then you can rest easy since it achieves the number you deem acceptable.

I don't think the circumstance wouldn't have ended up any different then what was shown in the video.

I want to see how a car randomly starts to wag until eventually flipping just be accelerating in a straight line.

The video that was posted was someone that drove in a straight line, he even became stable before reach the grass and he purposely braked as hard as he could and turned to cause a flip.

Who cares?

It happens. If you know that that would be the score without that review, then you can rest easy since it achieves the number you deem acceptable.

Seeing as companies base bonuses and game performance reviews on metacritic... yeah it matters.

http://kotaku.com/5893595/why-are-game-developer-bonuses-based-on-review-scores

Why do you care that I care? Just ignore my posts on the matter.

I want to see how a car randomly starts to wag until eventually flipping just be accelerating in a straight line.

Which would look no different than what was posted in that video. He flipped by throwing himself sideways and the force caused him to flip.

Going off what you posted about the reviewer, his car got violent, tried correcting, got side ways, and flipped. I'm not sure how you expect the outcome to be any different.

The video that was posted was someone that drove in a straight line, he even became stable before reach the grass and he purposely braked as hard as he could and turned to cause a flip.
It was probably more of the reaction of the aids giving him grip that threw him over. Going by the casualness of the reviewer, I would say that the same situation happened.

Then what's to prevent Microsoft or Turn 10 from doing the same, thus tainting the review score for FM6?

This is the thing that always gets me whenever review scores are criticized and I'm not directing this toward you: whenever a game someone doesn't like for whatever reason gets a higher score than they'd give it, it obviously means they were paid off. Whenever a game that's critically acclaimed gets a lower score it means someone has a vendetta.

They're called opinions and surprisingly enough they're subjective.

I think your numbers are wrong tbh, I'm not 100% sure as I can't be bothered adding them together, but that many 90's just doesn't average a 94 in my my guestimates. Anyway, that's beside the point also. How does that effect your enjoyment of the final game? As Mr. Slim pointed out.

Then what's to prevent Microsoft or Turn 10 from doing the same, thus tainting the review score for FM6?

This is the thing that always gets me whenever review scores are criticized and I'm not directing this toward you: whenever a game someone doesn't like for whatever reason gets a higher score than they'd give it, it obviously means they were paid off. Whenever a game that's critically acclaimed gets a lower score it means someone has a vendetta.

They're called opinions and surprisingly enough they're subjective.

They might be subjective but every game should be reviewed to the same standard, this reviewer in particular hasn't shared this standard with all its reviews. Re-reviewing Driveclub being the most stand-out thing and sketchiest thing they've done. It also doesn't help when they put out an article criticizing a Forza ad that was redacted and knock the game for some very off the wall stuff.

I think your numbers are wrong tbh, I'm not 100% sure as I can't be bothered adding them together, but that many 90's just doesn't average a 94 in my my guestimates. Anyway, that's beside the point also. How does that effect your enjoyment of the final game? As Mr. Slim pointed out.

92 with Gamesradar right now at 31 critics and 93 without, a single review seems to be affecting 5 entire points by itself.

Last edited:
They might be subjective but every game should be reviewed to the same standard, this reviewer in particular hasn't shared this standard with all its reviews. Re-reviewing Driveclub being the most stand-out thing and sketchiest thing they've done. It also doesn't help when they put out an article criticizing a Forza ad that was redacted and knock the game for some very off the wall stuff.

Who actually cares? Is it going to affect your purchase of the game? Is it going to affect your enjoyment of the game? Is it going to affect anything regarding you and the game?

And re-reviewing Driveclub is far from sketchy as it was fundamentally an entirely different game compared to its launch status. In fact, updating reviews of any kind when there's enough justification to do so is a fairly common practice in journalism.

Who actually cares? Is it going to affect your purchase of the game? Is it going to affect your enjoyment of the game? Is it going to affect anything regarding you and the game?

And re-reviewing Driveclub is far from sketchy as it was fundamentally an entirely different game compared to its launch status. In fact, updating reviews of any kind when there's enough justification to do so is a fairly common practice in journalism.

I care, which is why I pointed it out; if you don't care then you don't need to extend its discussion beyond my own feelings on the matter.

That's your retort? I don't need to extend the discussion beyond your own feelings on the matter? Are we ignoring that you're the one inserting this nonsense onto everyone else's opinion on the matter by shamelessly white-knighting?

That's your retort? I don't need to extend the discussion beyond your own feelings on the matter? Are we ignoring that you're the one inserting this nonsense onto everyone else's opinion on the matter by shamelessly white-knighting?

Yes. It's my feelings on the matter, nothing more and nothing less. If you want to argue against my point but don't just come and here and ask "who cares" when I clearly do.

Last edited:
Back