Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 208 comments
I agree that replays need be better, even though they are improving they still make the game no justice.
but from both personal experience and a lot of racing friends experience, everytime a wet or night track pops up, people are not as happy as you might think.
I dont know how making weather and time dynamic will make the game better. in fact I'd prefer them to spend all resources (both r&d and h/w) on further improving precision & fidelity rather than them trying to shoehorn everything gfx into the box.
horizon already has dynamic time & weather, let them keep it to that.
Apart from the immersion, the endurance race needs those to be dynamic to make the most out of pit strategy and in outcome, making the game much fun.

I agree that replays need be better, even though they are improving they still make the game no justice.
but from both personal experience and a lot of racing friends experience, everytime a wet or night track pops up, people are not as happy as you might think.
I dont know how making weather and time dynamic will make the game better. in fact I'd prefer them to spend all resources (both r&d and h/w) on further improving precision & fidelity rather than them trying to shoehorn everything gfx into the box.
horizon already has dynamic time & weather, let them keep it to that.

I would love to have dynamic weather, not only for it being visually pleasing, but the racing in the night/rain makes for some great experiences. I would also be making great use of it in photomode. It's not too likely that it'll happen though.

However, you do bring up a good point. The Rain/night races never get voted on in the game, and if they do pop up, everyone quits half way through. It would seem the general consensus just isn't to bothered by it, online.

However, you do bring up a good point. The Rain/night races never get voted on in the game, and if they do pop up, everyone quits half way through. It would seem the general consensus just isn't to bothered by it, online.
Yeah weather and night are just novelties imo. A bright sunny day is the best for racing :cool:

Yeah weather and night are just novelties imo. A bright sunny day is the best for racing :cool:

The wet conditions are great though. The emphasis on puddles can be a little tiresome at times, but they nailed grip and raindrops quite well. I wish more tracks had rainy versions.

I would love to have dynamic weather, not only for it being visually pleasing, but the racing in the night/rain makes for some great experiences. I would also be making great use of it in photomode. It's not too likely that it'll happen though.

he he
so, one could say that the majority of players dont like rain on their racing, nor poor visibility. this is my experience too.
and this for FIXED setup. ie. you know you are gonna play a rain/night track.
now just think the dynamic part of it...
and while I can agree to the comment above that (only) in endurance races there is some meaning to dynamic stuff,
all of you guys know/can imagine how its gonna play out if its implemented: every couple of races you will have rain in the middle of the 5-10 minute race, forcing you to pit etc.
not my idea of fun. really.

plus I remember some stats given from t10 some years ago, where they said that only a minuscule fraction of total forza players bothered even once with long endurance racing.

dont get me wrong here, both rain and night are done very-very well in forza 6.
its just that some things have a place somewhere, and some dont. and online racing seems to be on the don't side.

Something like triple screen simply isn't supported by retail X1s, it's a matter of MS' stance on the subject rather than T10 so I can't blame them, etc.

Consoles don't have hardware supporting multi-screen like PCs and Macs do. The original Xbox, the Xbox 360 and the PS3 do not in themselves, support multi-screen. That is done by the games running on multiple consoles connected to a LAN. Trust me, I know this stuff.

triple screen requires 3x xbox1, 3x tv and 3x game copy.
you know its so niche that I dont know why you even mentioning it, let alone pretending that everybody run like this on 360.

I have not pretended that everyone uses multi-screen. I have stated that I do!

also, your second point is moot, as at any time you can press the button and see your best recorded lap in current session.

Pausing the game unsettles the current lap (for me).

then, complaining because you dont see if your lap is dirty during a race, I hardly see that as a thing to put the game down for

I want to know where the limits are and I want to get clean laps so I can get an idea of how well I'm doing. If I get a clean lap, it may say I'm in the top 2%. If I get a dirty lap with the same time it may say I'm in the top 40% to 60% depending upon how many players get clean laps. This latter measure is meaningless.

You're in a niche crowd

Not in my crowd, I'm mainstream. Anyway, just because you regard me as "niche" doesn't invalidate my opinion.

It doesn't take more than a split second for you to realize that the notification that just popped up is letting you know that you'e 1.4 seconds ahead of your last lap

I'm not that good. If I'm on Turn One on Brands Hatch, I just can't afford to take my eye off the road ahead. By the time the road is straight enough to take a look, the numbers have gone.

When I'm racing I know exactly why and where my laps are getting invalidated.

Some tracks are intolerant of the slightest deviation. Others are much more forgiving (such as Prague). Without an indicator, I don't know what the limits are.

It is minor. You're damning a game and it's success because you can't save more than 10 replays?

I have taken thousands of photos in replays in FM4 and GT6. I compete in camera club events. It's important to me. With only ten replays to choose from, I can't go back in history very far or wide to do another photo shoot.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I get it. Because I want to use my three screens, because I want to see metrics, because I want to know the legal limits of the tracks and because I am a keen photographer, you all think my opinions are invalid.

So let's approach it from a different direction.

1. Who benefits from removing multi-screen?
2. Who benefits from removing last and best lap times after 10 seconds with no option to see them for the entire lap duration?
3. Who benefits from not being able to see if a career lap is dirtied or when it happens?
4. Who benefits from limiting saved replays on my hard drive to 10?

Do you guys benefit from any of these?

The amount of code in #1 is not great, especially since the design is done, and the FM4 code is there for the taking. Back in pre-FM2 multi-screen days, I was in communication with Forza's multi-screen guy, so I know this stuff.

The other three required additional programming to hide the metrics, hide the dirty flag and limit the replays. I don't understand what the return on investment might be. Do you?

Not in my crowd, I'm mainstream. Anyway, just because you regard me as "niche" doesn't invalidate my opinion.
That's not mainstream, I'm sorry to say. Either way, I didn't invalidate your opinion.

m not that good. If I'm on Turn One on Brands Hatch, I just can't afford to take my eye off the road ahead. By the time the road is straight enough to take a look, the numbers have gone.
Understandable. Not everyone had the concentration to get it done. I agree that it is a needed feature though. Like I said though, you're damning the game on this when this problem is small compared to the faults of the game you're bringing it up against.

Some tracks are intolerant of the slightest deviation. Others are much more forgiving (such as Prague). Without an indicator, I don't know what the limits are
Understandable, but I'm not sure how much more indication it can give you, other than sizeable pop up mid screen. Still, you're damning a game because of this, when the comparison doesn't do much to indicate either. Still, youll find these out by paying attention to the HUD.

I have taken thousands of photos in replays in FM4 and GT6. I compete in camera club events. It's important to me. With only ten replays to choose from, I can't go back in history very far or wide to do another photo shoot
I do as well, but I can see how it can become a problem. I've shot well over a couple thousand photos in Forza alone, bit I had a tendacy to shoot what I want from a stint and move on. I found actually traveling the map and just pausing to get better results than just watching a replay. I have more control over how the backdrop ends up.

I understand you're gripes, its just that it's bla bit extreme to damn the series, especially after what game you mentioned its in comparison too. Like I said, it seems you're turning a blind eye.

The amount of code in #1 is not great, especially since the design is done, and the FM4 code is there for the taking. Back in pre-FM2 multi-screen days, I was in communication with Forza's multi-screen guy, so I know this stuf
Considering how its a completely different console generation, I find that hard to believe. Still, any source I can read on that?

Considering how its a completely different console generation, I find that hard to believe. Still, any source I can read on that?

You can try Googling if you like, but there is a lot of misinformation out there.

For example, some people claim that it requires "system link", which is rubbish. FM2 supports system link, but it was dropped from FM3 and FM4 yet they both support multiple screens. Some people claim that you can connect multiple monitors to a single console via hdmi. That's rubbish too.

Here is how it actually works.

All that is required of the console is to have a network connection. Each console is connected to an Ethernet switch or hub. Each console gets to have a unique IP address on that LAN. Nothing else is required of the console itself. Each console has its own TV or monitor.

The game software provides the rest. It works in these configurations:-

Multiple (original) Xboxes running Forza Motorsport (original)
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport (original) in compatibility mode
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport 2
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport 3
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport 4
Multiple PS3s running Gran Turismo 5
Multiple PS3s running Gran Turismo 6

In each case, one of the consoles is defined as the "master", and the others (called "clients") are told what to do by this master. The master, for example, tells the clients what track to load, which cars to load, what livery the cars are wearing. When the race gets going, the master tells the others which camera to use (bumper, hood, cockpit etc). It tells the clients where all the cars are so all the clients have to do is render their angle of the track and the cars.

In the setup phase, the "options" part of the game is used to define the angle of view, the angle lost due to bezel width, and which role the console has, for example master, inner right client, outer right client etc.

The implementation is different in Forza and Gran Turismo in the details. In Forza, you define a starting angle for each console, and iirc, you can have up to eight consoles (views), including an optional rear vision mirror view. GT asks you to choose between 3 or 5 monitors and then each is assigned either a number from one to three or from one to five, counting from the left.

It is possible to define multiple driver stations each with multiple consoles. GT handles this by assigning IP addresses to the master consoles and telling the clients which IP is used by their master. Forza does it differently by assigning a unique token for each "system" or station.

Forza requires that you do not enter the game proper until all consoles in a "system" have Forza active on them. GT is more flexible in that having defined the roles, the consoles can be started in any sequence and will dynamically connect clients even part way through a race. If a Forza client locks up and has to be restarted, the master has to be restarted in order to reconnect. If a GT client locks up and has to be rebooted, you don't have to reboot the master. This might be an advantage of doing things by static IP address.

None of the above multi-screen functionality is inherent in the console or its operating system with the one exception that it's possible to use the PS3's OS to define a static IP address. In all cases, it's Forza or GT which is responsible for synchronization of the screens by communication of location data over the LAN from the master to the clients. The master handles collision detection, car movement etc. The clients merely render what the master tells them should be rendered.

Of course, the source data for rendering is provided by a copy of the game in each console.

So unlike the way PCs or Macs support multiple monitors using an expensive video card connected to one computer, this is done by connecting multiple computers (consoles) over a LAN and having the game keep the consoles in sync.

Hope this helps.

I have not pretended that everyone uses multi-screen. I have stated that I do!

Pausing the game unsettles the current lap (for me).

I want to know where the limits are and I want to get clean laps so I can get an idea of how well I'm doing. If I get a clean lap, it may say I'm in the top 2%. If I get a dirty lap with the same time it may say I'm in the top 40% to 60% depending upon how many players get clean laps. This latter measure is meaningless.

I'm not that good. If I'm on Turn One on Brands Hatch, I just can't afford to take my eye off the road ahead. By the time the road is straight enough to take a look, the numbers have gone.

Some tracks are intolerant of the slightest deviation. Others are much more forgiving (such as Prague). Without an indicator, I don't know what the limits are.
so I guess that with your reply you only confirm what I wrote in my first response:
your review, its more about personal preference than objective reasoning.

and for what its worth I used to run a triple forza setup for some good time, so I have first hand knowledge about how niche it is.

if you consider "your crowd to be mainstream", then you have to understand that games like forza would NEVER exist for your kind of mainstream crowd.

forza needs to sell hundreds of thousands each year to justify the costs of operation, you have to understand it needs to be broader than you and me.

many years ago, I was getting pissed because I expected forza to advance in engine tuning mechanics and engine failure as for my tastes this would really be the next step up, since you got such elaborate upgrade & tuning options. And turn10 sure seemed the team that was able to do it right.
I wanted to be able to set the fuel mixture,timing, boost, and if I build not reliable engines they should blow/melt/etc under stress.
I came to realize that if forza would do this, then it would address such a niche crowd that the game would bomb.

by using this same logic, I have understood why they toned down the loss of traction, the collision physics and other minute changes they have done and are doing.
its for greater appeal to the large percentage, you get it? without it, there will be forza no more.
and as one can see by watching the various comments, majority of people did welcome the more forgiving collision physics and grippier traction that was dialed in, even saying that "its more realistic now", when in fact its LESS realistic, but its better for the playability for the large percentage.

finally, about what you say regarding first corner of brands hatch and the "unknown limits" of prague, to be honest with you, these are not comments I expect to read from a person that states he has been running triple screen forza for 10 years. these are comments I expect to read from a rookie. I guess a solution for your first turn problem is to keep the last lap info for 3-4 seconds more?
or maybe even assigning a button to bring up the lap infos at any time? not unlike you can press a button anytime to bring up telemetry. I think this is feasible and easy to implement if asked for.

Last edited:
Full Nurb in the wet has to be the craziest ride in the game. Gran Turismo does not prepare one for this course.

Sideways waving to the crowd. Just stand on the throttle...
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

its more about personal preference than objective reasoning.
Yes, I made it plain that this is my personal review, however, why is presenting the logic for such things as being able to see metrics not what you call "objective reasoning"?

if you consider "your crowd to be mainstream"

I didn't say "my crowd was mainstream". Read it again. I said I was mainstream within my crowd.

finally, about what you say regarding first corner of brands hatch and the "unknown limits" of prague, to be honest with you, these are not comments I expect to read from a person that states he has been running triple screen forza for 10 years.

Forgive me for my lack of skills please. When I am really trying hard on Brands Hatch, I do not feel inclined to take my eyes off the road for a moment during Turn One. I'm trying to improve, not read metrics at that time. The time for metrics is later in the lap.

And as for my comment about the "unknown limits" of Prague, this is the first Forza game in which I have driven on the Prague track, so my 10 years of prior experience don't help me.

Let me illustrate examples of clean/dirty lap limits with two screen shots. In each case, would you say the location of the car is "clean" or "dirty"?

Forza 6 Screen Shot 1:19:16, 8.51 AM.jpg
Forza 6 Screen Shot 1:19:16, 8.59 AM.jpg

The first screen shot is on Turn One at Bernese Alps Reverse. That earned me an off track dirty lap flag in free run.

The second is at Prague. Driving in the pedestrian area and knocking over bollards is not regarded as going off track. I would have predicted that knocking down bollards would be "illegal", and when I did it in an actual event at another point of the Prague track, I was surprised to find I had a clean lap time.

Now do you see why I like the dirty lap indicator?

Understandable, but I'm not sure how much more indication it can give you, other than sizeable pop up mid screen.

No. I'm happy with the more subtle implementation in FM4 and its predecessors. A "sizable" popup is not needed.

these are comments I expect to read from a rookie.

Enough with the insults, PLEASE! I don't point out your lack of skills in using the shift key, do I! (Oops)

I guess a solution for your first turn problem is to keep the last lap info for 3-4 seconds more?

That might be a suitable time for Brands Hatch, but may not be long enough on other tracks. Each track is different. It's simpler just to leave it on-screen so it can be seen at a time of the driver's convenience.

or maybe even assigning a button to bring up the lap infos at any time? not unlike you can press a button anytime to bring up telemetry. I think this is feasible and easy to implement if asked for.

Again. It's simpler just to leave it on-screen so it can be seen at a time of the driver's convenience. Why over-engineer it?

So let's approach it from a different direction.

1. Who benefits from removing multi-screen?
2. Who benefits from removing last and best lap times after 10 seconds with no option to see them for the entire lap duration?
3. Who benefits from not being able to see if a career lap is dirtied or when it happens?

Do you guys benefit from any of these?

^^^^^

Which brings me to my questions posted earlier. No-one has yet posted a reason for actually making any of these changes, except that @mrPetros was worried that inclusion of his suggestions could cause Forza to, as he put it, "bomb". Since all of the things I'm asking for were actually part of the first four Forzas, they have a track record of NOT causing Forza to "bomb"!

This may help some on the dirty lap thing. As far as I've noticed, every time you do something to make a dirty lap, the rewind option comes up. (Not counting using mods or drafting which both make a dirty lap, or using rewind itself). The lap times not staying up, do not bother me one bit. I can see where some may find that an issue. I'm used to looking when I cross the line, and also looking for the red color for a slower lap, or green color for best/better lap. The replay thing doesn't bother me either, but I've heard other people complain about this as well, apparently that's something more to do with Microsoft and cloud storage? The triple screen thing I don't know much about, but I don't remember reading many, if any other complaints about that. I have three consoles plugged in right now, GT6 is in my PS3, Forza 4 is in my 360, and Forza 6 is in Xb1. I haven't turned either of those older consoles on in 2 months, when I want to race it's Forza 6. It's not even a close call in my mind, it's so far ahead of the other two IMO. I guess if your really used to certain features that had been in Forza, and they aren't available anymore, I can see how that would be upsetting, even if they are seen as minor issues to others.

You can try Googling if you like, but there is a lot of misinformation out there.

For example, some people claim that it requires "system link", which is rubbish. FM2 supports system link, but it was dropped from FM3 and FM4 yet they both support multiple screens. Some people claim that you can connect multiple monitors to a single console via hdmi. That's rubbish too.

Here is how it actually works.

All that is required of the console is to have a network connection. Each console is connected to an Ethernet switch or hub. Each console gets to have a unique IP address on that LAN. Nothing else is required of the console itself. Each console has its own TV or monitor.

The game software provides the rest. It works in these configurations:-

Multiple (original) Xboxes running Forza Motorsport (original)
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport (original) in compatibility mode
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport 2
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport 3
Multiple Xbox 360s running Forza Motorsport 4
Multiple PS3s running Gran Turismo 5
Multiple PS3s running Gran Turismo 6

In each case, one of the consoles is defined as the "master", and the others (called "clients") are told what to do by this master. The master, for example, tells the clients what track to load, which cars to load, what livery the cars are wearing. When the race gets going, the master tells the others which camera to use (bumper, hood, cockpit etc). It tells the clients where all the cars are so all the clients have to do is render their angle of the track and the cars.

In the setup phase, the "options" part of the game is used to define the angle of view, the angle lost due to bezel width, and which role the console has, for example master, inner right client, outer right client etc.

The implementation is different in Forza and Gran Turismo in the details. In Forza, you define a starting angle for each console, and iirc, you can have up to eight consoles (views), including an optional rear vision mirror view. GT asks you to choose between 3 or 5 monitors and then each is assigned either a number from one to three or from one to five, counting from the left.

It is possible to define multiple driver stations each with multiple consoles. GT handles this by assigning IP addresses to the master consoles and telling the clients which IP is used by their master. Forza does it differently by assigning a unique token for each "system" or station.

Forza requires that you do not enter the game proper until all consoles in a "system" have Forza active on them. GT is more flexible in that having defined the roles, the consoles can be started in any sequence and will dynamically connect clients even part way through a race. If a Forza client locks up and has to be restarted, the master has to be restarted in order to reconnect. If a GT client locks up and has to be rebooted, you don't have to reboot the master. This might be an advantage of doing things by static IP address.

None of the above multi-screen functionality is inherent in the console or its operating system with the one exception that it's possible to use the PS3's OS to define a static IP address. In all cases, it's Forza or GT which is responsible for synchronization of the screens by communication of location data over the LAN from the master to the clients. The master handles collision detection, car movement etc. The clients merely render what the master tells them should be rendered.

Of course, the source data for rendering is provided by a copy of the game in each console.

So unlike the way PCs or Macs support multiple monitors using an expensive video card connected to one computer, this is done by connecting multiple computers (consoles) over a LAN and having the game keep the consoles in sync.

Hope this helps.
I appreciate the right up 👍 At first I was a bit scared to get into to it, but after going through it you seem to be talking about how to set up the rig in your home. My question was more so asking about why you think its as easy as just writing in a line of code.

No. I'm happy with the more subtle implementation in FM4 and its predecessors. A "sizable" popup is not needed.
I don't recall it being any different. It being some time since I've played it, I had to look up a video, and it seems to be the exact same indicator as we have now.

Also, answering your question doesn't solve anything for either of us. Posting a reason for those things that where changed is neither our problem nor our solution, nor is it something we have an answer to. If you want an answer though, I can give you a completely one sided answer to your one sided questions.

1. Who benefits from removing multi-screen? I'm not benefiting, nor am I losing. It's likely something that was easily over-looked, as its such a niche feature. Even more so than wheel users. Here's to hoping that an update rolls through.

2. Who benefits from removing last and best lap times after 10 seconds with no option to see them for the entire lap duration? I can say I do, to an extent. I would rather not have obstructions on the screen for that long. It takes but a mere split second, for me, to notice the times. I wouldn't mind an option though, for others. Still, never quite disagreed in the first place, even though this was directed at me.

You can. I don't understand the question. The dirty indicator is right there on the screen, and it flashes every time you do something dirty. Perhaps this needs to be rephrased.

I would suppose no one, but not everyone is losing out either as it's not used much. There's also a limit on photos, paints, tunes, and cars, which is weird.

Like I've said countless times, sure these are problems, the multisupport being the one that would hinder you the most, but I just don't understand how you think because of these relatively small problems(again, especially in comparison to some of the major flaws that GT has) that this company will never be able to compete with GT. It's an extreme statement, and like I've said, I feel you're turning a blind eye to one and nitpicking the other.

I could not disagree more, especially for having dynamic time! GT6 provides a mechanism for not only having time progress, but to define the rate of progression. It maxes out at 60x, meaning you can experience 24 hours of time change in as little as 24 minutes if you choose to do so.

The first time I did this racing with a friend, we chose to start in mid morning, experienced the changes of light as the sun moved to its zenith, then the progression during the afternoon. As the sun moved below the horizon, the lights came up trackside, and the car headlights cast sweeping knives through the night. Finally, after a "long" night, the dawn started to glimmer and I felt a distinct sense of relief to be approaching the warm comfort zone of rising daylight. Every time I do this in GT6, I feel that same sense of relief. It's like watching a documentary of the 24 hours of Le Mans or Nurburgring, but in this case, it's me that is having the experience, not just watching others do it.

Come to Bathurst with me. Imagine, if you will, this scene, but instead of squinting into the same glare of the same sun on every lap, it changes subtly (or significantly!) each time around. At the middle of the day, the shadows are short. In the afternoon, the sun comes from the left and the shadows are lengthening. Later, the light fades, and coming around Forests Elbow here, you'll see the night sky above and the lights of the houses of Bathurst ahead. Later, you'll see the pre-dawn etc.

Forza 6 Screen Shot 1:19:16, 11.11 AM.jpg

And just imagine how beautiful it would be driving in Prague as the lights come up, and how you'd experience the different colors of light as the sun moves higher in the sky, rather than knowing that every time you cross this bridge, you'll get the same glare in the eyes.

Prague is such a great track, with the potential to be astounding!

Forza 6 Screen Shot 1:19:16, 10.26 AM.png

1. Who benefits from removing multi-screen? I'm not benefiting, nor am I losing. It's likely something that was easily over-looked, as its such a niche feature. Even more so than wheel users. Here's to hoping that an update rolls through.

But not "overlooked" when visiting trade shows, when it was demonstrated to the crowd.

My question was more so asking about why you think its as easy as just writing in a line of code.

Oh yes, more than one line of code, but they have the well-tested and proven FM4 code already as a starting point. The heavy lifting is already done.

3. Who benefits from not being able to see if a career lap is dirtied or when it happens? You can. I don't understand the question. The dirty indicator is right there on the screen, and it flashes every time you do something dirty. Perhaps this needs to be rephrased.

Not in Career mode it isn't. Try it.

There's also a limit on photos, paints, tunes, and cars, which is weird.

Totally agree!

It seems that Microsoft decided that all user files should be placed in the cloud, and then got worried about how much storage would be consumed.

I can totally put up with being limited to just a few shared replays or photos, but there should be no artificial limit on what I choose to store on my own Xbox. And I should be able to backup these files without sending them to the cloud.

Oh yes, more than one line of code, but they have the well-tested and proven FM4 code already as a starting point. The heavy lifting is already done.
The other part of my question was concern of it being a different generation of consoles. Would it still be just as easy as that? I would take into consideration what you say, as you seem to know what you're talking about(and I'm totally clueless :lol:)

But not "overlooked" when visiting trade shows, when it was demonstrated to the crowd.
Completely true, and I had totally forgot about that. The work is there, so they should just implement it via game updates. I wonder if that has to do with how powerful(or lack there of) the console is? The main console would still have to register and send information to the other ones, correct? I'm wondering if that would hinder performance. While the main console may not be outright rendering everything, it still has to send information to the others. With there focus and priorities set on 1080p60FPS, that's the only thing I can think of.

Not in Career mode it isn't. Try it.
I can't recall at the moment, so I'll have to give it a try when I get home. I could have sworn there was, but if there isn't then my apologies.

Totally agree!

It seems that Microsoft decided that all user files should be placed in the cloud, and then got worried about how much storage would be consumed.

I can totally put up with being limited to just a few shared replays or photos, but there should be no artificial limit on what I choose to store on my own Xbox. And I should be able to backup these files without sending them to the cloud.
I don't understand why there's a restriction on tunes, replays, and paints. Those should at least be saved to the HDD, as there is no reason to restrict it like they do with photos because they can't be uploaded to the internet for personal use. If they open it up to a personal, or Xbox One HDD, then save amounts will go on until you just run out of space. I would much prefer that method.

Last edited:
The other part of my question was concern of it being a different generation of consoles. Would it still be just as easy as that?

The same building blocks are there in the Xbox One. Network connection, CPU, RAM, storage. The fundamentals are unchanged from original Xbox, PS3 and Xbox 360. Just a lot more CPU power and RAM!

I wonder if that has to do with how powerful(or lack there of) the console is?

Given that it works on original Xbox, PS3 and Xbox 360, yes it's certainly not a limitation of power in the console!

This is enlightening - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox#Comparison

The same building blocks are there in the Xbox One. Network connection, CPU, RAM, storage. The fundamentals are unchanged from original Xbox, PS3 and Xbox 360. Just a lot more CPU power and RAM!
so I guess that the coding, testing, q/a is going to get done automatically, and would not require time/resources?
its a niche feature. I am very sure that it will come back at some time. maybe it wasn't top-of-the-list of stuff to code in for this release? :)

so I guess that the coding, testing, q/a is going to get done automatically, and would not require time/resources?
its a niche feature. I am very sure that it will come back at some time. maybe it wasn't top-of-the-list of stuff to code in for this release? :)

Clearly it wasn't.

They instead chose to devote resources to design, code, test and Q/A :-

1. Helicopters
2. Dancing stick figures
3. Smoke emitting devices beside the track
4. Creating three options for display of best and last lap times, none of which allow it to be static
5. Setting a time limit on display of these
6. Creating TWO methods of handling of dirtiness of laps, one for Career and one for non-Career
7. Adding code to limit the number of saved replays
8. Adding code to limit the number of saved photos

Yes, this is a bit tongue-in-cheek! But multi-screen was not a big project in terms of time and resources. It had one part time person on it, and the payback was great. Even if there were only a few thousand users, we bought three or four Xboxes instead of one, and three or four copies of each of the games instead of one, and often, three or four copies of DLC.

Yes, because that's all they focused on for the whole game right? Like I said before, your gripes are fine. Buy the way you present them are a bit extreme.

I guess because I also have a few gripes with GT, I can just blindly say that all they did was focus on keeping decade+ old assets and focused on making a game with horrible fps as it just doesn't matter to them. However, like your comment, that would be a bit of a stretch.

correct, all the above were more important than re-implementing triple screen.
the flocks of birds, the smoking sandwich stands and various other roadside stuff, the ambient effects, the separation of laptiming to career,
all are very nice compliments to the other number of features this game offers that all players will enjoy.
triple xbone screen? maybe 50-100 players
thats the way it goes ;)

While an exact number would be hard to quote, the number is going to be considerably smaller then even people who have bought wheel set-ups.

OK, so you just made your number up in the absence of facts.

Tell me, why is Turn 10 demonstrating multi-screen systems?

Apologies. Quite correct. It was @mrPetros who made up the numbers. I just saw you replied to my question to him and made a bad assumption. :guilty:
do you even have 3x xbones right now?
I have 2x xbones AND a steering wheel and still wont be rushing to buy a 3rd xbone the minute triple screen is up again

then, the triple display I used last gen is not so hot stuff anymore, and to be exact it doesnt hold a candle to my new main big screen. so its that too.

I cant believe that the majority that used triple forza last gen is in a much better position than I am. (except you of course!!)

but please, go on telling us you are not some kind of niche complaining for the sake of complaining.

and yes, turn10 has been using triples both on forza 5 and forza 6 on contained demos on many expos, and probably in house too.
the fact that its not in retail copies should give you a hint about what I already wrote to you before.
but it seems hints ain't your strong point.

edit:
oh, and for fun's sake, please tell us your approximation of triple xbone players waiting and raging like you are?
(-duh, I cant play forza without my triple screen! they ruined it!)
how many thousands? :D

Last edited:
do you even have 3x xbones right now?

Exactly my point! Thank you! Forza caused me to buy an additional three Xbox 360s. Gran Turismo caused me to add two to my existing one (which I used as a BluRay player).

Until there's a reason, I won't be adding any more Xbox Ones to my collection.

Incidentally, until Forza 5 dropped the ball, I had only one PS3 game disk in the house, and that was an exclusive called "Heavy Rain".

Because Forza satisfied my needs, I had no reason to consider PS3 games, and I was so ignorant that I had no idea that GT5 supported more than one screen. In addition to buying twelve copies of Forza, every other game I bought was for Xbox 360, so Forza did great things for Microsoft in this household, by locking Sony outside. Then came FM5 and the door was kicked open.

then, the triple display I used last gen is not so hot stuff anymore, and to be exact it doesnt hold a candle to my new main big screen. so its that too.

OK, so it's a matter of preference for you. What I hear most people saying is that they like to be able to see into the upcoming corners. Especially on tight tracks. Like Fujimi Kaido.

oh, and for fun's sake, please tell us your approximation of triple xbone players waiting and raging like you are?
(-duh, I cant play forza without my triple screen! they ruined it!)

You'll find their voices especially at forums.forzamotorsport.net in topics such as these:-

Topic: Oculus Rift and Xbox One

Topic: Multi monitor support

Topic: Forza Motorsport 6 Features Wish List

Topic: Triple screen setup at E3

Topic: Any questions about Forza 5? CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES

Topic: Steering Wheels and You - A Hopefully Helpful Guide

Topic: What was in the big crate?

Topic: Forza 6 vs. Forza 4 - who still plays Forza 4?

Topic: Cars: Lotus Esprit Headlights Improperly Aimed - Please Fix

Topic: "Project Cars"? on Xb1

Topic: Xbox App on Windows 10

Topic: Forza Motorsport 5 Game Features Wish List

Topic: My wishlist for the next Forza Motorsport (feel free to leave your thoughts)

Topic: 3 TV's = 3 Xbox One's?

Topic: May I hope for a FOV setting?

Topic: Forza 4 Great Forza 5 rubbish.....

Topic: FM5 looks superb, unless you look at the track lines [Workaround found]

Topic: Forza 5 vs. Forza 4

Topic: Worst Forza I have ever played

So I had a week off work this week and was finally able to get some proper time playing Forza 6 career. I love the mods challenges and prize spins. Also the showcases are always different, sometimes like GT6 or 5 cofee break where you have to slalom and avoid the cones in a time trial. Then theres the stigs digital cousin which are pretty fun. I love how some of the showcases place you in in all the different types of race cars to get a feel for them over the normal production cars. So far I am really enjoying it. I am managing to play career with mostly full simulation.

For me the physics on 6 are way more improved. Most cars are really exciting to drive and feel better than they do in 5. Also in 6 you can see the very subtle shadow details - highlights with much more detail, you can tell with the rear grille its a grille, in 5 you can't tell its a grille very well. I agree with everyone else, colour, lighting, reflections, resolution and detail improvement, 6 has it fine polished. 6 is also a little more natural than 5 although some might say still looks a little oversaturated or cartoonish, but that depends. You can tone both games down more with the in game video controls or change it on your tv aswell.

Overall 6 is way more fun when it comes to the physics, its very enjoying. I had to stop playing 5 because car motion and sound with simulation was poor. 6 ironed all this out and is now so real. I also agree with the guys that say the sound could probably be way more aggressive and deeper or throatier with cars like MClaren P1. Also I agree that T10 should work on exhaust notes with crackling and backfire. And fire should look more like real fire too.

Last edited:
Back