Forza Motorsport 6 TV Commercial (It's Awesome!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 37 comments
  • 1,981 views
I don't like it. Then again, it has been said that I'm a miserable so and so :lol:
 
That commercial was so badass! I really liked the fact that they even included Ridge Racer (and I love Ridge Racer!). Why you make commercial so addicting to watch over and over MS and T10. :D

Man, I can not wait to get my hands on FM6 even more now!
 
It's pretty ingenious. One of the best adverts I've seen for a game for a while.
That commercial was so badass! I really liked the fact that they even included Ridge Racer (and I love Ridge Racer!). Why you make commercial so addicting to watch over and over MS and T10. :D

Man, I can not wait to get my hands on FM6 even more now!
That was simply awesome!!! Very innovative indeed. I have a feeling a lot of this video was inspired by Rare Replay in a good way. The ironic part is I have been playing RC Pro-Am on Rare Replay and recognized that reference right away after seeing the red arrows at 0:20!!! Then drifted through the RC pro am water puddle. VERY clever. :)

T10 and the Microsoft marketing department are on it this year. 👍
 
Last edited:
That is totally superb. The feels, the thrills, the spills. It's got the lot.
 
I laugh every time I hear the announcer say, "It's the final lap!" during the Ridge Racer portion. So many memories...
Agreed. 👍 After I heard that, I think a tear dropped from my eye without me knowing. :P
 
This is the best racing game commercial I've seen in a while.

Of course, I was hoping for a few more racing games to be referenced as they skipped Need for Speed and the original Gran Turismo.
 
Last edited:
Just seen this on by big screen 4k tv during an ad break for the F1 Monza quali. They put little chunks of it in between other adverts. It looked absolutely superb. Is it Thursday yet?
 
Super Sprint Gran Track 10, Pole Position, R.C. Pro Am, Chase H.Q., Ridge Racer... this is the conversation I and my friend always have when discussing how far the latest Forza or GT game has advanced the state of the art visually over the decades.

I only wish this was a real course in the game lol.
 
Last edited:
I wonder why they started in 1974(?) With Gran Track 10 and ended with Ridge Racer in 1993? I'm not complaining but why they didn't just continue with late 90's games, early 2000, late 2000 and now this...? :P

They could have added pixilated Japanese cars racing on SSR11 then include some riced cars in bayview and ended up with MC LA before going to forza 6...:P

I guess it would be too long for a commercial I think...
 
I wonder why they started in 1974(?) With Gran Track 10 and ended with Ridge Racer in 1993? I'm not complaining but why they didn't just continue with late 90's games, early 2000, late 2000 and now this...? :p

They could have added pixilated Japanese cars racing on SSR11 then include some riced cars in bayview and ended up with MC LA before going to forza 6...:p

I guess it would be too long for a commercial I think...

Because it's a 90 second TV spot.
 
Because it's a 90 second TV spot.
That doesn't explain why they show games from the 70s, 80s, and 90s and then skip 20 years.

Most likely the reason was to make the jump from x to Forza look massive.
 
If Pole Position came out for the X1 I would do cartwheels
 
Seeing "SOLVALOU" across the side of cars during the RR bit got me a little choked up. Amazing ad and really cool that they had the idea to reference things only a small percentage of people would actually understand.
 
Seeing "SOLVALOU" across the side of cars during the RR bit got me a little choked up. Amazing ad and really cool that they had the idea to reference things only a small percentage of people would actually understand.

What's "SOLVALOU"? I never played RR.
 
It's an arcade game. Ridge Racer is developed by Namco, and in Ridge Racer the names of other Namco games are used as sponsors on the cars. In the first game those cars you see in the ad were named R/T (Racing Team) Solvalou.
 
Game list:
Gran Track 10 (1974 Atari)
R.C. Pro Am (1987 Rare)
Pole Position (1982 Namco)
Chase HQ (1988 Taito)
Ridge Racer (1993 Namco)



As soon as I saw the drifting towards the end, "RIDGE RACER!" :D lol.


That doesn't explain why they show games from the 70s, 80s, and 90s and then skip 20 years.

Most likely the reason was to make the jump from x to Forza look massive.

The jump from the oldest game to the second newest was 19 years... The second newest to Forza was 22 years... It was probably for nostalgia to get older people to buy the game. :)
 
Watched it several times. Very clever and nice to see an homage to the long history of racing games. Well done T10, knocked it out of the park.:cheers:
 
It's almost at 800,000 views already, really impressive numbers!
 
Game list:
Gran Track 10 (1974 Atari)
R.C. Pro Am (1987 Rare)
Pole Position (1982 Namco)
Chase HQ (1988 Taito)
Ridge Racer (1993 Namco)



As soon as I saw the drifting towards the end, "RIDGE RACER!" :D lol.
I have watched this at least 10 times. Such a great commercial.

First few times I watched it I thought for sure the games with the helicopter (0:40) was NFS Hot Pursuit 2.
 
Last edited:
Back