• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,498 comments
Code:
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
2015 McLaren P1GTR
2017 Porsche #1Porsche Team 919Hybrid
2015 Radical RXC Turbo
These are the ones I'm most interested in trying out, most notably the #1 919. The 2015 919 was a joy to drive in Forza Motorsport 6.

Thats a lot of neat cars. Has anyone checked out if any Forza 6 cars got cut though? From what I can see the GT1 Porsche is nowhere to be found, they give us the street version instead. Could be some licensing problem due to livery. I was very happy to found out that they are keeping the 2015 919 though, despite having the newer version.

Maple Valley is the only one I'd welcome back, the others I can do without ever seeing again.
Am I right in thinking that's the base version of the race car?
Yes, the same version from the older FM games

Ferrari-F40-LM-Competizione-5.jpg

I have been hoping to see this in every Porsche pack there has been, now it's here :D
yes very happy about that!, though i still much prefer the look of the 993 version.

Porsche-993-GT1-Strassenversion.jpg

and still no 917! maybe DLC?

Last edited:
They're pretty much the same thing (minus the sponsors). The LM tag was considered too restrictive, so Ferrari went for "Competizione" (Italian word for Competition).
Good to know.

I saw a real F40 this weekend which made me curious :)

Yes, the same version from the older FM games

Ferrari-F40-LM-Competizione-5.jpg

yes very happy about that!, though i still much prefer the look of the 993 version.

Porsche-993-GT1-Strassenversion.jpg

and still no 917! maybe DLC?
I like both versions but I'd love to see the 993 too, probably the one I would pick if I had to

Thats a lot of neat cars. Has anyone checked out if any Forza 6 cars got cut though? From what I can see the GT1 Porsche is nowhere to be found, they give us the street version instead. Could be some licensing problem due to livery. I was very happy to found out that they are keeping the 2015 919 though, despite having the newer version.

Since it's only about 20% of the list, it's impossible to say if anything was actually cut, or if it's just held for a later reveal.

That said, out of the manufacturers listed, there are only two omissions from FM6/FH3: the racing 911 GT1, and the Ultima 720. Everything else looks present and accounted for.

I have to say that I might be in a minority but I prefer the street GT1 over the race version, it looks so much better.

Since it's only about 20% of the list, it's impossible to say if anything was actually cut, or if it's just held for a later reveal.

That said, out of the manufacturers listed, there are only two omissions from FM6/FH3: the racing 911 GT1, and the Ultima 720. Everything else looks present and accounted for.

Thanks a lot. I was thinking about the manufactures present here of course.

Following the focus on Group 5 and IMSA in 6, I'd welcome any possibility of seeing them shine the spotlight on mid-90s GT1/2 racers with 7. Either from the start or with one in each Car Pack for a few months.

Not too fussed about street legal equivalents but I would rather see either of the two Straßenversions that came before the GT1-98.

Last edited:
They look the same.

6340314178_142f56d8df_b.jpg

autowp.ru_porsche_911_gt1_stra%C3%9Fenversion_1.jpg
Yup, it's from that funky era of sports car racing where manufacturers needed the bare minimum of a production model in order to be allowed to race their prototypes.

Of those, the Toyota GTOne is my favourite (obnoxious music warning):

Yup, it's from that funky era of sports car racing where manufacturers needed the bare minimum of a production model in order to be allowed to race their prototypes.

Of those, the Toyota GTOne is my favourite:

Correct. Maybe people are confusing the '96 993 GT1 with the '98 GT1?
01_0kLS_93.jpg

There's a road-legal homologation special for this one as well:

1998_Porsche_911GT198Straenversion1.jpg

Back