Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Good news: I got paid.

Bad news: Bonus still at Tier 10, not 11.
I got my Rewards Bonus notification when I logged in to the Hub last night. When I logged this morning my Gift Bonus was waiting in the Messages tab, it was for 525,000, which would be for 3 weeks. Which is, I believe how many I've been missing. Hey! It worked! Yay!

Same amount here, but again, 0km counted from 5 league races!

I'm even waiting for intermission end - to launch counter, but this time didn't help.

This game needs at least 5GB of pure BUG fixes!

They've updated the leagues for the next month or so, the next prizes are:

Dodge Challenger 392
Alfa Romeo SZ
BMW 1M (that's the end of the series bonus car)
and 2 racing suits I don't remember.

Good selection of cars this time around.

I only do the minimum required when it comes to league play. The most I did in a week was maybe 10 of each, (30 or so). I finish in the last few places nearly every time, and yet my League points almost always go up. In the Sim play there is always at least 1 or 2 idiots smashing everyone about. And then you have to limp around the track hoping not to finish last. Honestly, it doesn't even matter if you get a podium, ( your league points go up, and you get the same amount of money except for the one time podium bonus) and yet everyone is completely bent on winning and podiums. When I am ahead, I am always paranoid that the dude behind me will smash me into the tires at the next turn. It just isn't fun. I would MUCH rather run on the track alone and match times with you people on GTP.

Eh, you just poot around for one race and you get the week's prize, there's hardly any reason to go and win 70 races per week.

Same amount here, but again, 0km counted from 5 league races!

I'm even waiting for intermission end - to launch counter, but this time didn't help.

This game needs at least 5GB of pure BUG fixes!

Are you using a rented car or one from your garage? Because you don't receive any rewards when using rented cars.

Eh, you just poot around for one race and you get the week's prize

That's what I usually do. Granted there are occasions where I'm actually competitive, I actually won in this weeks spec-Lotus event.

That's what I usually do. Granted there are occasions where I'm actually competitive, I actually won in this weeks spec-Lotus event.

That's what I was doing in the Touring Car sim series, I was just minding my own business in 6th place when the flood gates opened as everyone ahead of me crashed on the first corner at Indy... I sailed to an easy victory. :lol:

Are you using a rented car or one from your garage? Because you don't receive any rewards when using rented cars.

Don't know, but... Driven distance is now become award?

I was in first place on the last lap at Cataluna a few months ago. Me leading a race on the last lap is a near miracle, let me tell you. A car was stopped on the track just before the finish line. Just as I was about to take the checkered flag, he rammed me and I lost the race. So I'm not the biggest fan of online racing.

With that being said, the ghost races at least allow me to finish last due to my own ineptness as a racer rather than some child taking his frustration out on everyone around him. And I did manage to win a race. Once. At VIR. There were only two of us in the race. I had the volume turned down, but I could hear the other racer cursing up a storm because he couldn't catch me. (And if you can't catch someone as slow as me, you are a piss-poor racer.)

I want that Alfa SZ, so I'll be competing. Just not very hard.

Who else has been itching for a leak of a possible expansion or a surprise WORTHY update from T10.... It's been so dry with forza 7 with the exception of the usual monthly car packs and parts of the game that should have been added from day 1. I just want some new juicy things to drop and this game fixed already.

Hey, stupid question, but how do you change the length of the endurance race in Forza Drivers Cup to Super Long? I don't have that Achievement completed. Oh and while I am at it, if anyone would like a design on the GMC Vandura, may I suggest my design of the A-Team van? :D. It's pretty much my best design, out of like 2 or 3 ever. I could use the help for that achievement too.

Who else has been itching for a leak of a possible expansion or a surprise WORTHY update from T10.... It's been so dry with forza 7 with the exception of the usual monthly car packs and parts of the game that should have been added from day 1. I just want some new juicy things to drop and this game fixed already.
Indycar 2018 expansion pack?

Please don't say that. They need to broaden the imsa roster if anything.
... but an IndyCar expansion could also bring a couple of IMSA tracks (Mid Ohio, Detroit).

Yes, I know that the tracks would work both ways (new IndyCar tracks with an IMSA expansion) , but with the Indy 500 coming in May, an IndyCar expansion (with the new body kits, maybe a couple historic cars, and a couple of tracks) seems like it would line up just right - especially since the last of the Car Pass packs comes in April.

... but an IndyCar expansion could also bring a couple of IMSA tracks (Mid Ohio, Detroit).

Yes, I know that the tracks would work both ways (new IndyCar tracks with an IMSA expansion) , but with the Indy 500 coming in May, an IndyCar expansion (with the new body kits, maybe a couple historic cars, and a couple of tracks) seems like it would line up just right - especially since the last of the Car Pass packs comes in April.

I doubt they'd bring two tracks in a paid expansion. From what we've given to understand, the inclusion of Homestead in the NASCAR EP and VIR in the Porsche pack was already stretching the limits of what T10 deems "useful" (and thank God for that). Besides, an expansion including two new tracks would likely weight too much to be shipped thru XBL.

If expansions are coming, it's likely they'll have a 10 cars + 1 new environment format, similar to what they had in FM6 and FH3. That doesn't really exclude an IndyCar expansion... But I see it as unlikely when T10's been cultivating deep relationships with two other major motorsport series that could lend their name to an expansion pack.

Pass the It tag event? How do I find that?
also

How do you "beat a rival?"

Pass the it is in multiplayer lobby I am seeing, not sure how to win though.

Last edited:
More base game content partially locked behind the Gold paywall and now we can also add retweets into the equation (VL Commodore). Keep the classy moves coming Turn 10. 👍

Pass the It tag event? How do I find that?
It is a Multiplayer game mode, Should be all the way to the right in the hopper selection screen.
How do you "beat a rival?"
Go to the Rivals mode in the Single player tab, pick any event and set a faster time then whoever the game assigns to you as a rival. If you've never done Rivals then the default rival you start with will usually be the slowest time set in the event, so it is not that hard to accomplish.

It is a Multiplayer game mode, Should be all the way to the right in the hopper selection screen.

Go to the Rivals mode in the Single player tab, pick any event and set a faster time then whoever the game assigns to you as a rival. If you've never done Rivals then the default rival you start with will usually be the slowest time set in the event, so it is not that hard to accomplish.
Thanks, on Rival I dont see how many laps I have to go to beat their time...confusing.

Thanks, on Rival I dont see how many laps I have to go to beat their time...confusing.
You just have to beat their Lap Time. You can do as many laps as you like, Once you beat the rival's Lap Time the game gives you a new rival with a faster time.

I got my Rewards Bonus notification when I logged in to the Hub last night. When I logged this morning my Gift Bonus was waiting in the Messages tab, it was for 525,000, which would be for 3 weeks. Which is, I believe how many I've been missing. Hey! It worked! Yay!

I got paid my missing credits which was approx 625k. Appreciate TurnTen sorting this rather then ignoring us.

I doubt they'd bring two tracks in a paid expansion. From what we've given to understand, the inclusion of Homestead in the NASCAR EP and VIR in the Porsche pack was already stretching the limits of what T10 deems "useful" (and thank God for that). Besides, an expansion including two new tracks would likely weight too much to be shipped thru XBL.

If expansions are coming, it's likely they'll have a 10 cars + 1 new environment format, similar to what they had in FM6 and FH3. That doesn't really exclude an IndyCar expansion... But I see it as unlikely when T10's been cultivating deep relationships with two other major motorsport series that could lend their name to an expansion pack.

Yeah, I wouldn't think both tracks would suddenly appear in an expansion, maybe one, but not both (you're right - that would be a ton too push through).

However, deep inside I still think an offroad track is on the horizon.

Im enjoying playing around the Forza Specials division in free play. There's such a variety of cars on the grid that it feels like a track day for eccentrics.

Back