Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
So people complain that T10 doesn’t communicate, than proceeds to act like this when they do.

I can’t say I blame them for their recent silence to be honest. If people aren’t even going to wait for the actual announcement before pouncing on them, why even bother?
Exactly. That's why, for me, I don't really care what T10 does so long as they fix the laggy garage selection (if possible), crashes, and add class-based rivals back. Everything else will be tim bits to me.

Exactly. That's why, for me, I don't really care what T10 does so long as they fix the laggy garage selection (if possible), crashes, and add class-based rivals back. Everything else will be tim bits to me.

Garage system would probably have to be a full menu redesign to switch back to thumbnails (unlikely), or loading lower LOD cars in the menu screen (also unlikely). Unless T10 has a trick up their sleeve I don't think much will change for the UI.

It'll be on when it is approaching midnight in the UK. :ouch:

I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and read the latest posts here instead of watching the stream. :P

Garage system would probably have to be a full menu redesign to switch back to thumbnails (unlikely), or loading lower LOD cars in the menu screen (also unlikely). Unless T10 has a trick up their sleeve I don't think much will change for the UI.
Yeah that is true, plus it'll probably be too risky as well. Aww man. :\

The new drag racing looks good. The track limits are interesting, more free cars and two more car pass packs. Was hoping they’d drop a bomb at the end about an expansion though..

Happy to hear the car pass is being extended by two months. The new visible track limits sounds like a good idea. And I'm interested in the new drag racing mod.

Nice to see more dedicated drag racing and the track limit system looks amazing, if only drivers were penalised for going beyond the limits, which doesn’t appear to be the case.

Since no expansions were mentioned, I’m assuming it’s just going to be car packs as DLC which is rather disappointing but not really surprising.

Overall some decent info but definitely nowhere near enough for me to even think of reinstalling FM7.

So, in short:
  • The track limits have been redone, and it seems like an in-depth race regulation system is being implemented;
  • Class rivals are returning (and possibly, even more specific leaderboard options);
  • Drag & drift are finally going to need needed improvements: a new Drag mode with tire warmups, a Christmas Tree starting light and the ability to immediately return to the starting line after a race has been showcased, and "new steering angles" promised;
  • More free cars are coming;
  • The Car Pass will be extended with two additional car packs.
Wow. Is T10 still T10?

Meh... Time attack was a long overdue, Track limits as shown look a bit conservative, and drag racing is a good thing for people who cares I guess.

I'd rather have fast menus like they use to be...maybe time attack will make me me relaunch the game.

Finally the extended car pass seems to be here to soften all the criticism since launch.

Okay is all I have to say about the new stuff. Never been big on drag racing and don't really care for drifting or Rivals.

Of course the 2 car packs and free cars are the big stuff. Maybe they just felt bad for us! :P

What was shown was not just the new track limits and their display element (which are coming to the game soon, according to the Berg), but a debug screen where corner cutting, collisions and penalties were being tracked. This is all very interesting... But I will wait to see any feature that may come out of it implemented in the next weeks (or months?).

Hopefully FM8 will ship with all the cool new features we are being promised for FM7, too.

As posted over at Forza Central 2018 Ford Mustang

hqREAaC.png

What was shown was not just the new track limits and their display element (which are coming to the game soon, according to the Berg), but a debug screen where corner cutting, collisions and penalties were being tracked. This is all very interesting... But I will wait to see any feature that may come out of it implemented in the next weeks (or months?).

Hopefully FM8 will ship with all the cool new features we are being promised for FM7, too.
That's the thing though. There's really no guarantee that good features will come to the next iteration. Or if they do, it's in an update 1 or 2 months later. I'm still waiting for the Sopping cart and favorites tab to return. Two of the best and convenient features this generation.

That's the thing though. There's really no guarantee that good features will come to the next iteration. Or if they do, it's in an update 1 or 2 months later. I'm still waiting for the Sopping cart and favorites tab to return. Two of the best and convenient features this generation.

To be fair, both are features Playground Games implemented in Horizon. I would hope what T10 adds to its own games will carry on to their (i.e. Motorsport) future titles... But we had to wait several months for Spectator Mode to return after it was added in FM6. Although the HUD changes that came with the NASCAR update were still present at launch, and the Spectator Mode itself was completely revamped with a focus on eSports that just wasn't there in FM6, so perhaps I am being a bit too cynical.

Nice to see the car pass is being extended by two months, and that more free cars are coming. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that T10 will probably be right back in the dog house if they don't deliver in regards to wanted cars (meaning, no more SUV/trucks/anything offroad and start whittling down the community wishlist)

Back