Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
So what do you do, set it to 500 laps?

Actually that sounds like a Job for Indianapolis.:lol:

I use to pad my credits by racing the AI on some ridiculously long races on a track that wasn't too complicated. The real challenge was staying awake long enough to complete the race.

So what do you do, set it to 500 laps?

Actually that sounds like a Job for Indianapolis.:lol:

I use to pad my credits by racing the AI on some ridiculously long races on a track that wasn't too complicated. The real challenge was staying awake long enough to complete the race.
500 laps? uh I think that is a bit too much. The most I have done is 100. (for the same reason you mentioned above, well that and hand cramps). 200 laps would make it the Daytona 500, (200 laps = 500 miles at 2.5 miles per lap)

And yes that works for Indianapolis too

500 laps? uh I think that is a bit too much. The most I have done is 100. (for the same reason you mentioned above, well that and hand cramps). 200 laps would make it the Daytona 500, (200 laps = 500 miles at 2.5 miles per lap)

Worth noting that drift meetups pay out money. Way way more chill than the regular drift lobbies and you obviously spend more time on track making money, when the track doesn't change every eight minutes.

Knowing little about Indy Car, I always thought the Indy 500 was 500 laps. With the race taking about 2-3 hours, and taking an entire day out of Speed TV's schedule, I always thought it was laps instead of miles. :lol:

Last night I tried running a 50 lap race at Daytona Speedway against Unbeatable AI. And I found out why they are unbeatable.

First of all, they do not need to pit. Their tires don't wear, and they don't use fuel either.

Second... they are Undraftable. Now they can catch a draft off of you just fine, and they can draft off of each other like it's cool. Just don't expect to gain any speed if you tuck in behind them. Not happening!

Third, the high line works for them, not you. The first 4 cars were locked on the high line, and were doing the Conga line thing for the entirety of the race. The small amount of time I spent with them, they just stayed locked at 209mph, and stayed to the right. Me, I had to take the low road and scrub the ever living hell out of my tires, just to keep up. I took the high line, then my car slowed to 202, and every other car passed me like I was standing still.

So yeah... Unbeatable is unbeatable. And unfair. But I probably caused that in the clear as mud setup menus.

Last edited:
Second... they are Undraftable. Now they can catch a draft off of you just fine, and they can draft off of each other like it's cool. Just don't expect to gain any speed if you tuck in behind them. Not happening!

Third, the high line works for them, not you. The first 4 cars were locked on the high line, and were doing the Conga line thing for the entirety of the race. The small amount of time I spent with them, they just stayed locked at 209mph, and stayed to the right. Me, I had to take the low road and scrub the ever living hell out of my tires, just to keep up. I took the high line, then my car slowed to 202, and every other car passed me like I was standing still.

So yeah... Unbeatable is unbeatable. And unfair. But I probably caused that in the clear as mud setup menus.
This is largely because turning up the AI difficulty only controls how much of an artificial speed boost they get while accelerating, and since Daytona never really requires you to touch the brakes unless you're pitting or something goes very wrong, their magic afterburners are always on.

Unbeatable AI is very much beatable on more technical tracks where you know how to take corners aggressively, because the AI still follows the racing line's braking zones and thus goes through them much slower than necessary. Even moreso if they're in a car that's crazy fast to begin with, since they will start braking even earlier than normal to counteract their own cheaty boost and avoid going off the track.

This is largely because turning up the AI difficulty only controls how much of an artificial speed boost they get while accelerating, and since Daytona never really requires you to touch the brakes unless you're pitting or something goes very wrong, their magic afterburners are always on.

Unbeatable AI is very much beatable on more technical tracks where you know how to take corners aggressively, because the AI still follows the racing line's braking zones and thus goes through them much slower than necessary. Even moreso if they're in a car that's crazy fast to begin with, since they will start braking even earlier than normal to counteract their own cheaty boost and avoid going off the track.

Well that makes Unbeatable worse than what I summited. They get a speed boost and don't drive any better... that sounds like a pretty lazy way to handle AI.

Add more power. I don't know if the FE is tuned up to hit 200, haven't tried yet.
The FE won't do it in stock trim. I took the regular NSX and put a tune on it that took it to over 220 at Le Mans.

The FE won't do it in stock trim. I took the regular NSX and put a tune on it that took it to over 220 at Le Mans.
Yeah, pretty much this. All it took for me was the race cams and block upgrades, after that it was just a matter of getting a clean entry onto the Mulsanne to maximize starting speed on the long haul. That was good enough for a very twitchy and barely controlled 216 or so.

I tried to auto-upgrade the NSX to CAT R, but could'nt find the function... It only homologates it to its category :(
Isn't there an auto upgrade function?
I had to download a tune.

So yeah I was able to buy a tune that put up to 600 or so HP but the other tunes arent an option.

Did someone say the answer of how to get the Acura NSX 2017 to 199?

Which tune? One you bought? Where would I get it? The tunes I see are in yellow, not an option.
Yes, I bought it. I can't remember the name of it. But just scroll through the tunes and look for the ones with the highest top speed. I think the one I got was 8.6 or 8.7 out of 10. And like @GTvsForza said, make sure you're using the base NSX, not the FE.

EDIT: The name of the tune is just "Forza" but the creator is Crunch70 and the top speed is 8.9 out of 10.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought it. I can't remember the name of it. But just scroll through the tunes and look for the ones with the highest top speed. I think the one I got was 8.6 or 8.7 out of 10. And like @GTvsForza said, make sure you're using the base NSX, not the FE.

EDIT: The name of the tune is just "Forza" but the creator is Crunch70 and the top speed is 8.9 out of 10.
I tried to buy a tune yesterday that was 8 something and it wouldnt let me, now it is. What is experimental drag thing?

So yeah I was able to buy a tune that put up to 600 or so HP but the other tunes arent an option.

Did someone say the answer of how to get the Acura NSX 2017 to 199?
I just manually upgraded the NSX. What @Phoenix above said, I did as well. Just go to the Engine upgrade ( I think V 12), and add a few other things for handling and to lighten the weight and you are good to go. Old Mulsanne is fine to open the NSX up and you can easily make the Achievement. I was actually going to post about this very subject, but got side tracked. Good luck.

I just manually upgraded the NSX. What @Phoenix above said, I did as well. Just go to the Engine upgrade ( I think V 12), and add a few other things for handling and to lighten the weight and you are good to go. Old Mulsanne is fine to open the NSX up and you can easily make the Achievement. I was actually going to post about this very subject, but got side tracked. Good luck.
tx

Manually tuning these cars is impossible for someone like me, if I change tire pressure or brakes I have to test it first, doing it that way could take days it seems to tune one car. Make ONE change, leave the tuning, go to free play, set up a race, wait for the track to download which takes too long anyway, then go back and make one more tune, etc. Cant do all that.

If I changed the tire pressure in ONE tire and also changed brake pressure and then tested and I didnt like it I would not know what to change back or whatever.

Last edited:
Manually tuning these cars is impossible for someone like me, if I change tire pressure or brakes I have to test it first, doing it that way could take days it seems to tune one car. Make ONE change, leave the tuning, go to free play, set up a race, wait for the track to download which takes too long anyway, then go back and make one more tune, etc. Cant do all that.

I believe there's a testing mode in Free Play which lets you tune the car on the fly. Pause, tune, resume and repeat.

tx

If I changed the tire pressure in ONE tire and also changed brake pressure and then tested and I didnt like it I would not know what to change back or whatever.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't really tune my cars anyway. In this case, I was just meaning upgrading the car. In this particular instance, I just wanted to accomplish the Forzathon task, So tuning would a little too much effort. In the case of trying to beat times in Division or Time Trails, I would be more inclined to do some tuning. Or try someone else's tune.

Are you kidding me? Karateka Driver suit? Anyone who has purchased the Driver Gear crates that have been available for what 2 months now, has this suit. You basically have to, because you keep getting the same Driver suits over and over. I don't understand, there are literally 3 dozen suits that are being kept at bay from us, and all we get as prizes for Forza RC, Forzathon, Rivals Challenges, League rewards are the same REPEATS over and over. (Okay there has been a couple of drivers suits lately that has bucked this trend, but for the most part, repeats, (Spa Day anyone?)). This game has been out for a year now, and Turn 10 seems to want to keep things "fresh", by feeding us this stale bread. Well I say "Boooooooooooo!"

Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't really tune my cars anyway. In this case, I was just meaning upgrading the car. In this particular instance, I just wanted to accomplish the Forzathon task, So tuning would a little too much effort. In the case of trying to beat times in Division or Time Trails, I would be more inclined to do some tuning. Or try someone else's tune.

Hmmm.

I'll keep this in mind, the next time you trounce my times in Rivals. :P

I've been playing in the Multiplayer 101 hoppers recently. For the most part, it's the least frustrating multiplayer session I could find, cause all the races with collisions on, are just Crash Derby grade racing. The only thing I don't like about the 101 hoppers are the tracks are limited, and the top cars seem to be common. So at one point, everyone will be running the same cars in 101.

Oh and corner cutting seems to be instilled in 101. I dont know how many times I've seen people cutting corners at Maple Valley Short, Watkins Glenn or Homestead. Well, if they want to win that badly but ain't got no skills...

Last edited:

I tuned into the livestream yesterday amd claimed all my prizes. It's nearly 24 hours later and I'm still waiting for them to arrive in the message center. I haven't received any daily payouts in quite a while, too. Someone at T10 needs to go over the server that hosts the message center and give it a Fonzi thump to get it going again.

Back