Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Interesting that the next update is sheduled one day before the monthly stream.
It is but my hopes also are not too high since all focus is on horizon 4 now and we havent had any car packs or Expansion type news in months. Probably just a few more fixes and perhaps penalty system for the new track limits. I'm also betting they still wont fix the gear shift animations, car sounds, headlight glitches, and still occasional freezing and stuttering of menus... amongst other bugs that we have been waiting and asking for since the game came out.

It is but my hopes also are not too high since all focus is on horizon 4 now and we havent had any car packs or Expansion type news in months. Probably just a few more fixes and perhaps penalty system for the new track limits. I'm also betting they still wont fix the gear shift animations, car sounds, headlight glitches, and still occasional freezing and stuttering of menus... amongst other bugs that we have been waiting and asking for since the game came out.

I agree with most of this, but isn't the penalty system a big deal? I seem to recall something about the fake corner cutting barriers getting removed once the new penalty system was implemented, which in my opinion will be a refreshing change adding more realism to many of the tracks. There was also mention of a new improved HUD. There's a real possibility none of it will come this time, and there's probably a good chance that the car pack is still some weeks away.

I won't mind a minor update because after FH4 I haven't even had time to worry about doing the latest Forzathon challenges in FM7. :lol:
We'll know once it's here.

Last edited:
Alongside the Formula Drift Car Pack, the 1986 Merkur #11 MAC Tools XR4Ti (spotlight car) and the 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR (prize car) are new additions to Forza Motorsport 7.

1986 Merkur #11 MAC Tools XR4Ti
d801c934-9464-4ab6-a803-913845e8171a.jpg

1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
5bb2638ae2bb5f81c1efd27d_57368C91986F38673479B4530621EB5F.jpg

I've never heard about Merkur before. Gotta appreciate the automotive education Forza comes up with every now and then. 👍
Merkur was a brand Ford here in the US introduced in the 1980s in an attempt to sell some of their European models over here. Only the Sierra and Scorpio were sold under that brand though. The Sierra got renamed to XR4ti due to copyright reasons. Also, it went from XR4i to Ti as Ford decided to put the pinto engine in it.

Merkur was a brand Ford here in the US introduced in the 1980s in an attempt to sell some of their European models over here. Only the Sierra and Scorpio were sold under that brand though. The Sierra got renamed to XR4ti due to copyright reasons. Also, it went from XR4i to Ti as Ford decided to put the pinto engine in it.

Yeah, I just read the story elsewhere. Fun fact, in my country "Merkur" is the name used for the planet Mercury, but overseas Mercury was also a division of Ford. No wonder then it's easy to overlook some rebadged Sierra that isn't a Mercury. :boggled:

Fun fact, in my country "Merkur" is the name used for the planet Mercury, but overseas Mercury was also a division of Ford. No wonder then it's easy to overlook some rebadged Sierra that isn't a Mercury.
Yeah, I heard somewhere about Merkur also being German for Mercury. Honestly if it were up to me, I would've just advertised them as Mercury models versus inventing a new brand; they were being sold in Lincoln/Mercury dealers anyway.

I would love to hunt down a XR4TI one day, I've only seen one in my lifetime so far.

Awesome addition to go up against the Bob Sharp racing Nissan 300zx Audi 90 quattro and the Mercury cougar xr7 GTO. I can finally make a proper late 80s trans am race :bowdown: and that Diablo GTR has not been seen since FM3, thank you T10....still don't let this distract you from the fact that the 2nd and last additional car pack has still not been announced or released.

You must have seen the only running one, the rest were being towed.

My buddy owned one for a while that he bought from some Scandinavian guy. It was a Frankenstein monster with a Jetta mk ii front bumper and a big old turbo. Scariest car I've ever driven, just all turbo lag, rattles and shocking levels of acceleration. The power steering had been removed, and at one point i was even given an honest attempt at drifting it in an open parking lot. All that experiment did was let me know that if we ever got into any sort of oversteer situation with it, it was going to spin. Definitely.

It's so nice too see FM7 is still getting all the love it deserves, even with the release of FH4. I hope it continues till the new consoles get announced in the future. With all these updates it's getting, FM8 should look brilliant with so many cool content and features. :)
Just hope the Diablo GTR makes it to Horizon 4 to be honest
It may very well get added through #Forzathon Shop for purchase hopefully. 👍 And because of that, so many people will arrive at the Live event just to earn points to get it. :lol:

There’s something else included in this update too, new FE cars added to the list.

Cadillac Escalade FE +30% bonus
Ford Woody Wagon FE +25 bonus in the Wet.
Ford F-100 FE +25% bonus in the Wet.
Chevy Bel Air, FE 25% bonus at Long Beach.
Dodge Charger Daytona FE +50% at Test Track Airfield.
BMW 850CSi FE +CR for 3 good drifts.

Now that I think about it, there were people in my neighborhood that had a Merkur "Sierra".

My autos teacher in high school had an XR4Ti as well as an old (supposedly matching numbers) Shelby GT350.

The merkur isn't a bad little car. I don't know why I was expecting a deeper exhaust note but otherwise it's good. Competes well with the #33 Bob Sharp racing Nissan and the Mercury cougar xr7.

I think there is an issue with the sound on the Merkur, the Forzavista specs say it has a 6 litre 600hp V8, But the sound is similar to the Ford Capri Group 5 (albeit lower revving) which is a 1.4 turbo 4 cylinder. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else notice the split second of lag whenever passing the start / finish line in the Merkur XR4Ti? I'm surprised this old and rare bug has managed to slip through for a DLC car. Other cars in the game have been affected by the issue since launch. Examples include:

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Nissan Silvia S14 '98
Subaru BRZ
Renault 5 Turbo
etc.

Yeah, I just read the story elsewhere. Fun fact, in my country "Merkur" is the name used for the planet Mercury, but overseas Mercury was also a division of Ford. No wonder then it's easy to overlook some rebadged Sierra that isn't a Mercury. :boggled:

As an aside, it's actually quite funny to hear someone from the U.S. pronounce 'Merkur'. My fellow countryfolk may be OK with keeping the 't' silent in 'Chevrolet', but there's no way they're going to pronounce anything else properly.

I think there is an issue with the sound on the Merkur, the Forzavista specs say it has a 6 litre 600hp V8, But the sound is similar to the Ford Capri Group 5 (albeit lower revving) which is a 1.4 turbo 4 cylinder. :rolleyes:
That's what I thought, Im like man this thing should definitely sound more beastly. Typical T10 like clock work they manage to keeeeeeep screwing up car sounds :banghead:

Back