Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Well GT4 racing has just become interesting with the addition of the Porsche and some improvising I have made race setups using the Cayman 718, KTM, Maserati MC, and the newer Audi S3 TCR..yeah I know it's a TCR but its PI, performance plus its looks fit perfectly inline with GT4. So it's a nice fun filled competitive grid since we have no other GT4 cars to play with. I tweaked the Maserati and porsches Power handicaps so they wont run away from the field so it's been some fun tight racing with the AI.

I hope Turn 10 won't make this mistake. Look at GTSport, after the backlash, all the updates are 100% nostalgic, very GT-ish. And the next Gran Turismo will probably a Gran Turismo "Ultimate" full of classic GT tracks and legends from the past. eSport players are only a very small slice of the market.

My opinion of Forza 7: greatest car list and track list of this gen but something is off. Sure, there are some bugs but for a game that big it's ok. The biggest problem is the art direction, the cars look cheap with no significant value. They don't even try to showcase the cars and its beauty. The GT5 dealership seems cheesy but also premium. The dealership of Forza 7 is like a spreadsheet.

They really need to keep the cars they already have, maybe add a couple dozen more, and then just go to town adding more body kits, accessories, and wheels along with more factory bumper/skirt/wing options to be able to make more trim level variations. Only give new cars to the series in the paid DLC packs, and bring back other cars from previous games for free every so often.

What I wish they would do is have a "free mode" where you can get any car in the game for free (no in-game credits) and are able to mod them exactly like you would otherwise and keep them in a garage, with the catch being that you cannot use them in the main game or online. This would be great for a few reasons:
1) People who love collecting cars can collect to their hearts content without complaining about not being able to obtain cars.
2) People who love the fine tuning for racing can see what combos work and which don't without having to spend credits on parts that they may not use.
3) Since you couldn't use them online, there would be no issues with "cheaters"
4) For people who don't care about the "winning money to upgrade/get new cars" aspect, you could just tune cars and race the AI without having to buy everything first.

The reason I bring up this idea is I did a variation on this back on GT4. Once I completed the game, I used a Gameshark (or w/e the offbrand version was) and got infinite money so I could basically buy and upgrade all the cars in the game the way I wanted to, and just be able to race them without limitations.

Sometimes in life it's the smallest things that can give you the biggest pleasure. I've been on a string of very frustrating races in FM7 lately. Big time struggles with street cars at VIR, very loose and sliding out of nowhere, etc. Frustrating run-ins with the AI, getting taken out by the AI on lap 15 of a 15 lap race twice in a row, other stupid AI behavior in other races.

Ran a race at Nurburgring GP in GT Racing Reborn class last night. Started about 14th I think. Had some run-ins with the AI but kept at it and made my way up to 2nd on lap 15 of that 15 lap race. Still in 2nd thru the Schumacher S, and that next left but I was right behind them. Turn right to go down that long stretch to the final chicane. Said to myself if I get close enough to you you're not winning this race. Sure enough I got a good tow down that long part and pulled up on his left side. Just eased him over to the right and he smacked the tire barriers. Then let out a big yell as I crossed the line in 1st. "Take that ******!!!"

What I'd like to see is a greater sense of car ownership as an extension to car collecting. Make the Forzavista space(s) feel like an actual working space where you in one spot can browse ledgers with one keeping track of the whole car collection and another showing history for the chosen car, chronologically listing things like entered events, mileage, modifications (and how they affect performance), tuning adjustments (and how they affect dynamics), purchased upgrades, milestones, maintenance, etc. Think similar to the dynamic progression diaries seen in games like Uncharted 4 and RDR2. Then another spot could have a laptop where you can access stuff like dealerships, auctions and leaderboards.

It's basically a question of changing the presentation around existing mechanics to the point where players feel immersed in an interactive universe around their cars. The benefit of such an approach is that it can be done without having to reduce the car count, unlike an approach that would focus more on celebrating every car in greater depth. Essentially I'm talking about making a glorified version of the existing menu icons and screens that is more alive and integrated in Forzavista.

What I'd like to see is a greater sense of car ownership as an extension to car collecting. Make the Forzavista space(s) feel like an actual working space where you in one spot can browse ledgers with one keeping track of the whole car collection and another showing history for the chosen car, chronologically listing things like entered events, mileage, modifications (and how they affect performance), tuning adjustments (and how they affect dynamics), purchased upgrades, milestones, maintenance, etc. Think similar to the dynamic progression diaries seen in games like Uncharted 4 and RDR2. Then another spot could have a laptop where you can access stuff like dealerships, auctions and leaderboards.

It's basically a question of changing the presentation around existing mechanics to the point where players feel immersed in an interactive universe around their cars. The benefit of such an approach is that it can be done without having to reduce the car count, unlike an approach that would focus more on celebrating every car in greater depth. Essentially I'm talking about making a glorified version of the existing menu icons and screens that is more alive and integrated in Forzavista.
"3D menus" like you're describing were a thing that more than a few games did in the late 2000's and early '10s, and the general consensus from players was that they were cumbersome and confusing, and the added downtime made people want to play less because it took away from the pick up and play aspect. Once the novelty of "wowee a virtual garage!" wears off it'd be more of an irritant than a feature having to wander around a large space to do things a simple menu could do.

Maybe if Hololens or whatever Microsoft's VR thing is gets integrated into Xbox it'd make sense, but apparently MS is losing interest in that too so... yeah.

"3D menus" like you're describing were a thing that more than a few games did in the late 2000's and early '10s, and the general consensus from players was that they were cumbersome and confusing, and the added downtime made people want to play less because it took away from the pick up and play aspect. Once the novelty of "wowee a virtual garage!" wears off it'd be more of an irritant than a feature having to wander around a large space to do things a simple menu could do.

There are still games that do this, but you’re right that other games have failed at it. On the other hand, the old-school interface in FM7 also feels clumsy and bloated as it is.

Forzavista already works great though, if we forget the poor light conditions, inconsistencies and lack of interest points for a moment.

Overall I think Forzavista is a nice escape from the unresponsive FM7 menus, and I’ve often hoped the concept would be taken to the next level. Next-generation consoles should have the power to make it right.

Forzavista already works great though, if we forget the poor light conditions, inconsistencies and lack of interest points for a moment.
This point is what my opinion is mostly based on. There's a lot of core and side features already in Forza that are neat ideas, but don't feel particularly finished or refined like they should. I'd rather see those get brought up to a proper level of quality before they start devoting resources to making more new novelty stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like the thought of having more direct engagement with the cars so they don't feel quite so interchangeable or disposable. But all the frosting in the world ain't gonna save a burnt cake.

Greater experience with real life tracks.... More of them even as dlc.... A proper IndyCar and IMSA expansion within the game..... Car count becomes meaningless if it's the same tracks all the time.... And please no fantasy tracks.... Leave that for Horizon...

A personal car garage and facility would be nice. Like expanding your town or homestead in Assassin's Creed with race credits earned... Having to hire a bigger mechanic staff with race credits earned just like cars.... Etc...

And please no fantasy tracks.... Leave that for Horizon...

I agree with everything but this part. Fantasy tracks can be great and are really the only way to give a racing game something you can't find elsewhere. However I do wish T10 would go back to making fantasy tracks similar to the ones they made in the first 3 games as all the tracks since Bernese Alps have been rather bad.

I agree with everything but this part. Fantasy tracks can be great and are really the only way to give a racing game something you can't find elsewhere. However I do wish T10 would go back to making fantasy tracks similar to the ones they made in the first 3 games as all the tracks since Bernese Alps have been rather bad.

I'm still holding out hope for the Test Track Infield/Sidewinder Proving Grounds layouts to make a return.

Why did they remove the Porsche Penske liveries? Just got back on the game for the first time in a while and both the 917/30 and RS Spyder both just have blank liveries with no sponsors aside from factory Porsche stuff. The 917 is really bad as it’s just a flat blue colour that looks awful

Why did they remove the Porsche Penske liveries? Just got back on the game for the first time in a while and both the 917/30 and RS Spyder both just have blank liveries with no sponsors aside from factory Porsche stuff. The 917 is really bad as it’s just a flat blue colour that looks awful
August update removed them . Had to do with licensing I believe, really sucks as it's the end of the game and we get slapped with something as simple as a couple liveries being taken away.

Seems like something the design house can fix though. People are always re-uploading base liveries for some reason.

I hope so. There are some cars, the yellow Spyder being one of them, that I like the base livery better than anything else but maybe some sponsors are missing from the original.

Two questions:

When you just go in and buy a street car, you have the option of several manufacturer colors. But when you choose a street car instead of credits at the end of a race, it's whatever color it is. If you go into find designs it's all liveries and such. I don't see any option to change the color to a different manufacturer color. Are you just stuck with that color it originally came in? I'm not too fond of putting liveries and designs on street cars but I would like to choose between whatever manufacturer colors are available.

Tried to run a race in a Forza GT car using buckets. I thought I would try and narrow down the other bucket to get as close as I could to an all Forza GT race. So I put the highest performance index allowed at R835. There were still some other division cars in the race (NASCAR's etc) but at the end of the race I noticed the #93 Viper has an index of 825 not it's usual 834 or 835 I can't remember what it is. Did I miss answering a question "yes" when setting up that bucket? Did it maybe turn off homologation for everything except me?

Two questions:

When you just go in and buy a street car, you have the option of several manufacturer colors. But when you choose a street car instead of credits at the end of a race, it's whatever color it is. If you go into find designs it's all liveries and such. I don't see any option to change the color to a different manufacturer color. Are you just stuck with that color it originally came in? I'm not too fond of putting liveries and designs on street cars but I would like to choose between whatever manufacturer colors are available.

Tried to run a race in a Forza GT car using buckets. I thought I would try and narrow down the other bucket to get as close as I could to an all Forza GT race. So I put the highest performance index allowed at R835. There were still some other division cars in the race (NASCAR's etc) but at the end of the race I noticed the #93 Viper has an index of 825 not it's usual 834 or 835 I can't remember what it is. Did I miss answering a question "yes" when setting up that bucket? Did it maybe turn off homologation for everything except me?
For the Forza GT buckets, if you choose to restrict the division the AI will all be homologated to R835 (or as close as that car can get to it) but if you use buckets the AI will use stock cars

For the Forza GT buckets, if you choose to restrict the division the AI will all be homologated to R835 (or as close as that car can get to it) but if you use buckets the AI will use stock cars

For the AI bucket I used class R, maximum performance index 835, power handicap 0.80. I can't remember what the lowest homologation index is for Forza GT, say 831 for example. So if I would have put maximum index of 835 and minimum index of 831, it wouldn't have picked any Forza GT car because all of them are stock at around 825?

For the AI bucket I used class R, maximum performance index 835, power handicap 0.80. I can't remember what the lowest homologation index is for Forza GT, say 831 for example. So if I would have put maximum index of 835 and minimum index of 831, it wouldn't have picked any Forza GT car because all of them are stock at around 825?
It depends on the car. Highest rated is DBR9 at around 886, M8 GTE is around 860, Vantage GT3 is 833, most 2014 GTLM’s are around 820-825. TT RS VLN is around 795 while Cayman GT4 and X-BOW GT4 are both low S Class

Two questions:

Hi, when you are in the livery browser, press X (i think, it's written at the bottm right of the screen) to get access to the normal paint studio. there you can choose manufacturer's colors.
Enjoy !

Vinz

Okay, this is total BS

They fixed one bug/glitch I liked to use when photographing car interiors. I don't understand why would they "fix" this...

So this is not possible anymore:
975c37c0cf3db8463ed9907a33ee37d1.gif

But they still can't fix the problem where graphics settings always reset to default.

Last edited:
Hi, when you are in the livery browser, press X (i think, it's written at the bottm right of the screen) to get access to the normal paint studio. there you can choose manufacturer's colors.
Enjoy !

Vinz

X just sorts between Group, Rating, etc. I don't see anything taking me back to the manufacturer's colors.

Forza monthly covers both games, it's possible both are getting the Cayman (I doubt it), since it appears to be Porsche month in FH4. They tweeted a 1951 Porsche 356 SL Gmünd Coupé yesterday as well.

Back