Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Which is something I'm hoping the next Forza will continue to give us: lot's of content for full price. Nowadays some developers are cutting down content in favor of quality, but charging us full price, IMO, just doesn't justify the amount of content you get from them.

I mean don't get me wrong. It'd be interesting to see how T10 can handle it. But we've came this far to not lose everything, so here's my solution. How about give us the amount of content and features FM7 has, and on top of all that, add a whole bunch of new stuff at launch/post launch. For example: Add custom championships, new cars and tracks, a funtional penalty system and some sort of sportsmanship rating like iRacing for offline/online, etc. We really don't need sequels for next gen anymore. Stick with FM8 (no, call it just Forza Motorsport - The Reboot) and do everything I just said above.

The internet would be a happy place for Forza, including the devs as long as they continue to listen to their fanbase onward. Same goes for the next Forza Horizon. Reboot it next gen, and expand the world through updates and expansions.

:cheers:

I think they've hinted in Forza Monthly's that they'll probably go the GTS route, by adding content over time.
And I couldn't blame them if they did, as lots of people don't seem to appreciate the variety of cars in the game anyway and would be wowed over by a slicker game. Look how much love FM4 still gets, but the content is no way near that of FM7. :/
I would be amazed if it ships with the content of FM7!

I think they've hinted in Forza Monthly's that they'll probably go the GTS route, by adding content over time.
And I couldn't blame them if they did, as lots of people don't seem to appreciate the variety of cars in the game anyway and would be wowed over by a slicker game. Look how much love FM4 still gets, but the content is no way near that of FM7. :/
I would be amazed if it ships with the content of FM7!
That would be a big mistake if they go that route. You will just have people complain that it lacks content compared to FM7, just like how FM5 lacked content compared to FM4. Some even want it to be a GTS clone.... I mean, I'm all for T10 starting over again, but it's going to be odd seeing all the cars and tracks we last had be added into the game. I don't want that. Heck, we're about to get back Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars as well. :/

I'm wishing the next Forza Motorsport ships with all of FM7's content and features, while adding new stuff to post-launch if it's to be a Live Service (which I hope it would be). Sorry if I'm rambling, I just don't want Forza turning into GTS 2.0.

And I really don't understand FM4's popularity. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia or not, but a lot of people seem too hang on the fact that it is "the best forza" and you ask, "why though?" What makes it the best is beyond my understanding. I can understand it missing a homologation system, but it doesn't even have everything FM7 has if we're talking about content and features. Although it does let you view other peoples' designs before buying them, fantasy tracks, not so sure about the engine sounds because those are muffled when listening to them, and that's about it at the top of my head. I don't know, I think it's just nostalgia. FM4 is basically NFS U2 and MW '05, and therefore those folks can't let go of the past.

I'm wishing the next Forza Motorsport ships with all of FM7's content and features, while adding new stuff to post-launch if it's to be a Live Service (which I hope it would be). Sorry if I'm rambling, I just don't want Forza turning into GTS 2.0.

I think this is what the posters above were getting at than actually copying the GTS "cut everything" method. Granted there will most certainly be content left behind but I could certainly see a majority of FM7/FH4's content being carried over than everything else getting added via smaller updates and the occasional large one in place of a brand new title.

And I really don't understand FM4's popularity. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia or not, but a lot of people seem too hang on the fact that it is "the best forza" and you ask, "why though?" What makes it the best is beyond my understanding.

I can only speak for me, but there are several reasons.

-First is the car list, it has by far the most variety of any Forza, especially when it comes to more daily driver type cars. FM7 does come very close to matching it in this category, but the lack of things like city cars hurts it.

-The career mode is far better than what T10 has brought to the plate this generation.

-Clubs with the ability to share cars with other members.

-The ability to create special categories in your garage was also an awesome feature that I wish would return. This is a very small thing, but it made browsing your collection so much easier when you get up there in car count.

-The Auction House was actually fun to use.

Now, I will say nostalgia certainly does play a role, especially if you a part of Forza Planet and like every other "best" debate it's pretty much impossible to actually argue what one is #1, but for me at least those are the reasons I hold FM4 as my personal favorite.

That would be a big mistake if they go that route. You will just have people complain that it lacks content compared to FM7, just like how FM5 lacked content compared to FM4. Some even want it to be a GTS clone.... I mean, I'm all for T10 starting over again, but it's going to be odd seeing all the cars and tracks we last had be added into the game. I don't want that. Heck, we're about to get back Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars as well. :/

And I really don't understand FM4's popularity. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia or not, but a lot of people seem too hang on the fact that it is "the best forza" and you ask, "why though?" What makes it the best is beyond my understanding. I can understand it missing a homologation system, but it doesn't even have everything FM7 has if we're talking about content and features. Although it does let you view other peoples' designs before buying them, fantasy tracks, not so sure about the engine sounds because those are muffled when listening to them, and that's about it at the top of my head. I don't know, I think it's just nostalgia. FM4 is basically NFS U2 and MW '05, and therefore those folks can't let go of the past.
The new Forza's are missing Fujimi Kaido thats why ;), but i agree wih you that Forza Motorsport 7 is the best Motorsport game in the series. The content, gameplay and features are unmatched. Its all nostalgic, older Forza's don't have weather or night races (outside Forza 1 for night), the older Forza's don't have the physics engine that Forza 7 has, the older Forza's don't have the customisation that Forza 7 has, the older Forza's don't have laserscanned tracks like Forza 7 and the older games don't have the experience from sound to graphics that Forza 7 offers. Its almost better in everyway and they kept giving us more and more. They listened to the fans alot this gen. But somehow the people where still complaining. Like with Forza 5 where they started everything from the ground for the graphics, physics and the cars (outside some of them lol) people where isntantly mad that they cut down on cars and tracks on a launch game with that short of development time. GTS released 4 years later and still had less content, people didn't appreciate what Turn 10 delivered at launch of a new console. Whe are really spoiled with Forza, the people over in the GTS forums are soo much more happy with what they get. they got like 80% of the content from the older games, they don't get that many new cars. Even than the prices are ridiculously overpriced, they are happy that they get something. Here in the Forza community, fans are going crazy if the latest super car or GT3 car is not in Forza or some special rare car. They even got mad that whe got these fun cars like the Fallout car and the 3 wheeler that i forgot the name of.

TokoTurismo: They'd be mad not to look at GTS' success tbh but they can stand out from that with the car upgrading many people love Forza for.

They've already mentioned having a deeper customization for cars and if you couple that with people complaining about the 'homologation system', I could see a smaller car collection but with more customization options. Plus a launch title with less content is nothing new and the less they have the more they can polish it.

I hope I'm wrong and ideally they'd bring back some class races to the career but keep some race division races too. I'd be so disappointed to lose Vintage GT racing and GT Reborn - I even think they could do more with those!

They should also polish free play (make it more user friendly) and then sell that as a feature, as I swear most people don't realize how amazing that can be if you take the time and use your imagination.

Last edited:
Microsoft is releasing a simulation using bing maps and photogrammetry to accurately recreate the entire Earth next year.
Absolute photo realistic imagery (yes it relies on your internet) but can be pre-cached for single player.
Real time weather tracking, if it’s raining in Berlin, it’s raining on your 1080p.

This is the kind of attention to detail I’d like to see in racing sims. If you can do it in the skies you can do it on the track.

We are being held back by console limitations, limitations that must remain as 99% of the user base is on them money money blah blah blah.

I think this is what the posters above were getting at than actually copying the GTS "cut everything" method. Granted there will most certainly be content left behind but I could certainly see a majority of FM7/FH4's content being carried over than everything else getting added via smaller updates and the occasional large one in place of a brand new title.

I can only speak for me, but there are several reasons.

-First is the car list, it has by far the most variety of any Forza, especially when it comes to more daily driver type cars. FM7 does come very close to matching it in this category, but the lack of things like city cars hurts it.

I agree with your other points, but (and I'm only speaking for myself here, too), "most variety"? If I had a choice between city cars and classic Formula 1 cars, going for the latter would be the easiest decision I could ever make. The lack of open-wheel cars was a huge gripe when Forza 4 came out, and between that and the outcry over the absence of Spa and Bathurst, I figure that Turn10's dedication to adding those elements to the game is at least a net positive even considering some of the (mostly online/MP-based) ways FM4 outdoes FM7.

That said, I wouldn't mind the return of city cars, if only because I know T10 is weird enough that they'd drop in some old cult favorites like the Autozam AZ-1, Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappuccino, Subaru Rex, Honda Z, et al. Maybe even the Renault Twizy F1, which I found out about from that mobile card game Top Drives and seems like the most absurd city car ever.

I agree with your other points, but (and I'm only speaking for myself here, too), "most variety"? If I had a choice between city cars and classic Formula 1 cars, going for the latter would be the easiest decision I could ever make. The lack of open-wheel cars was a huge gripe when Forza 4 came out

I’ve never really enjoyed faster cars in Forza so the lack of open wheelers was never a huge issue for me. If you are though I can certainly see how those give the more recent titles the edge when it comes to the car list.

As for tracks, FM7 wins fairly easily.

TokoTurismo: They'd be mad not to look at GTS' success tbh but they can stand out from that with the car upgrading many people love Forza for.

They've already mentioned having a deeper customization for cars and if you couple that with people complaining about the 'homologation system', I could see a smaller car collection but with more customization options. Plus a launch title with less content is nothing new and the less they have the more they can polish it.

I hope I'm wrong and ideally they'd bring back some class races to the career but keep some race division races too. I'd be so disappointed to lose Vintage GT racing and GT Reborn - I even think they could do more with those!

They should also polish free play (make it more user friendly) and then sell that as a feature, as I swear most people don't realize how amazing that can be if you take the time and use your imagination.
Yeah freeplay in FM7 is a great tool and you can make some really nice race set ups. I have nearly 3 dozen different race set ups saved and still thinking of more to come up with. So yes if you take your time you can create some beautiful races, unfortunately to your defense freeplay needs some work still. Its plagued by many different bugs that prevents full freedom to race whatever you want against anything...some cars dont show up, settings get reset, different cars are placed in for one you want to race with, and some set ups the game flat out freezes. If they can fix those bugs and simplify freeplay so it wont take 10-15min to make a race set up and remove homologation, it will be the best.

^ You're so right about the 10-15 mins lol.

'One Make' races should just be an option you can select in the next game.
And little things could make it easier, like matching the car names in car selection to those in the race options menu. (Thumbnails would be even better.) I think Project Gotham Racing 3 even let you select each car for the AI.

So on PC my Car Pass and all the cars that come with it appear to have uninstalled themselves. Downloading them all again from MS Store does nothing, all the downloads just stand still. That leaves me some 60 cars shy of what I should have. Any ideas, anyone?

Can't see smoke trough car windows is this normal or am I having some kind of bug?
4b4dc6c4399618cc2985e51607b6ed23.png

This is awesome but note to self: Don't read youtube comments as always. Nothing but disease comments that'll make you sick. :yuck:

Edit: Pretty interesting that Forza 7 is still getting attention even after support for it ended.
Personally rather bummed considering the amount of cars I've seen FH4 recently adopt.

I understand why of course, and that it's just a coincidence FM7's support ends as FH4 gets great cars. But I am bummed. Would've like a Peformante or 600LT. :indiff:

Personally rather bummed considering the amount of cars I've seen FH4 recently adopt.

I understand why of course, and that it's just a coincidence FM7's support ends as FH4 gets great cars. But I am bummed. Would've like a Peformante or 600LT. :indiff:
There are so many cool cars FH4 is getting that I wish were in FM7 as well. But look on the bright, it's already confirmed FM8 is playable and all the new cars FH4 got, will hopefully make the jump to it (the 600LT being a great examble, although I'm sure it'll make the jump over to Motorsport).

Although it would've been nice for T10 to continue support for FM7, one of my hopes is them correcting everything that plunged FM7 in FM8. My fingers are crossed for a good game for everyone to enjoy. :)

Anyone up for doing some private races with our own custom Homologation rules? Not any serious tournament, just some casual racing.
2 that come to mind for me are replicating Touring Car Masters and Improved Production.

Touring Car Masters rules:

Any production car 1963-1978
Over 2700lbs
Must have Race compound tires no wider then 295
Must have full Roll cage (to imitate IRL safety regulations)
No non-standard Aero allowed.
RWD only.
Built to PI A700

Improved Production rules:
Any Production car 1980 or newer.
Must have Race compound tires no wider then 255
Must have full Roll cage
No drivetrain swaps allowed.
Built to PI B600.

Last edited:
If it's during the weekend, I can make it.
My schedule is pretty flexible, So anytime will work for me. Of coarse the more people we can get the better, so I figured it would be a few days to get enough people to join. Non of my friends outside this forum play FM7.

Alright, Think I might lower the minimum Weight for the Touring Car Masters. As the 1965 Mustag is less then the minimum weight stock. Trying to build one that is heavier then stock was tricky, Requiring a heavier engine swap with turbos messing with the weight distribution so it handled like crap.
So lets say 2700lbs.

Last edited:
I recently started playing GT Sport and noticed that it has fictional GT4 and GT3 versions of cars that don't have GT race versions in real world.
Curious how the rest of you would feel about Turn 10 doing something similar by adding fictional Racecars to add more variety to the Racecar Divisions for FM8. Personally I'd be OK with it.

Microsoft is releasing a simulation using bing maps and photogrammetry to accurately recreate the entire Earth next year.
Absolute photo realistic imagery (yes it relies on your internet) but can be pre-cached for single player.
Real time weather tracking, if it’s raining in Berlin, it’s raining on your 1080p.

This is the kind of attention to detail I’d like to see in racing sims. If you can do it in the skies you can do it on the track.

We are being held back by console limitations, limitations that must remain as 99% of the user base is on them money money blah blah blah.
The flight simulator you are talking about will run on Xbox One and pc weaker than Series X.

I recently started playing GT Sport and noticed that it has fictional GT4 and GT3 versions of cars that don't have GT race versions in real world.
Curious how the rest of you would feel about Turn 10 doing something similar by adding fictional Racecars to add more variety to the Racecar Divisions for FM8. Personally I'd be OK with it.

I really like the idea, but I don't really trust Turn 10 to execute it well at this point.

Would we end up with a Nissan Safari GT3 and Lykan Hypersport GT4? No thanks...

I really like the idea, but I don't really trust Turn 10 to execute it well at this point.

Would we end up with a Nissan Safari GT3 and Lykan Hypersport GT4? No thanks...

What exactly are you basing this on? Because the closest thing T10 has to fictional race versions of cars in FM7 are the "Forza Edition" cars and none of those are all that outlandish.

What exactly are you basing this on? Because the closest thing T10 has to fictional race versions of cars in FM7 are the "Forza Edition" cars and none of those are all that outlandish.

Mostly cynicism based on their general poor choices for vehicles they have added and removed from the series over the last few iterations.

As far as FE cars go, for every widebody ZL1 or almost DTM-inspired ATS-V, we also got a donk Monte Carlo, a Dodge Ram, or just random sparkly Dodge Dart or something... Seems inconclusive as to whether much positive could come to a Motorsport series game based on the ones we have so far a lot of them felt better suited to Horizon.

They did have a few genuinely great ones though that maybe show some promise, mainly the E30 M3 and the 3rd gen Firebird, would love see other cars from those eras given a similar treatment... Minus the oversized wheels and engine swap anyway.

Back