Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Really easy to brake too late and carry too much speed into there. Difficult corner to get right, it always feels wrong.
Whats strange is that's the one i always nail. Kidney Bend and Westfield are the two I goof, maybe Hawthorns if I get to thinking of Westfield early lol.

Also just saw his exact time is 1:21.247, I think I can get past that.

Last edited:
1:25.249

Only 2 thousands of a second out!! (I'm allowing him a 4 second head start ;) )

Manage to get past @Populuxe but then had the usual problem... watching @the13PeSK disappear into the distance 🙄😳... 😅

If anyone slower than @the13PeSK reads this, please send me a FR to cutback73.
I'd like to chase someone else for once 😂
Preferably someone I can actually catch ;)

Manage to get past @Populuxe but then had the usual problem... watching @the13PeSK disappear into the distance 🙄😳... 😅

FR sent :)

I'm not happy with my performance there, going to correct some mistakes tomorrow 😇

I hate to break it to you, but I managed to get down to a 1:23.xxx this morning. My biggest problem is getting the power down smoothly out of Druids. I’m either lighting the tires up or tip-toeing my way around the bend. Either way I’m probably losing a good two seconds right there. By the time I’ve made it to Graham Hill Bend, my rival ghost is already halfway down the Cooper Straight.

Ran a couple laps on this (and spoiled my best getting a little too tight at Sheene's), good grief, could you have a car with worse gearing for Brands? Thing sounded like it was going to stall a few times!

Finally managed to beat 1:21:274!
This is my first time ever to successfully beat Josep. Won't do another attempt if he improve the time again. So many times he passed me right on the finish line. Too much stress for me. 🤣
I'm using all the assists I can, just to be consistent on lap times.
FPeg6h5XwAAr4HH

I have just noticed that the Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Camaro SS' thumbnail has proper SS badging on the front grille, while its model does not have it.

ezgif-5-4106f0cd64.png

This may be a small dev oversight/mistake.

I have just noticed that the Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Camaro SS' thumbnail has proper SS badging on the front grille, while its model does not have it.

View attachment 1133636
This may be a small dev oversight/mistake.
The thumbnail of the Porsche 911 RSR seemed to also have its IMSA version, while the model in-game is its FIA WEC version. Another is that the 2017 Porsche 919 Hybrid has DHL stickers instead of the 24h Le Mans stickers on its thumbnail.

The thumbnail of the Porsche 911 RSR seemed to also have its IMSA version, while the model in-game is its FIA WEC version. Another is that the 2017 Porsche 919 Hybrid has DHL stickers instead of the 24h Le Mans stickers on its thumbnail.
Speaking of the 911 RSR, is it just me or does the lift-off oversteer on this thing make it a real chore to drive? Tune it and the car is completely manageable but stock it's awful.

If like me you're still in the process of finishing the game and chalking off achievements, and you're wondering what cars you need for the Porsche achievement "No substitute", have a look here...

Apparently prior to 2018 developers could create "subachievements" making up the whole. This was changed in 2018 though globally, so it doesnt work for newer games.

The website designer used some magic potions and a dead chicken (or something) to create this using the info available from the Xbox servers.

Basically you provide your username and then go to the Tracker section of the site which shows you the games that have been mapped and any sub achievements you do and dont have.

It also works for the Ferrari achievement in FM6.

****ing brilliant! Pity Microsoft changed it :(

Last edited:
Speaking of the 911 RSR, is it just me or does the lift-off oversteer on this thing make it a real chore to drive? Tune it and the car is completely manageable but stock it's awful.
It's not just you, I can't stand that thing. Most mid-engine cars that aren't prototypes drive kinda wacky and require quite a bit of tuning to run fast consistently. The only MR "Forza GT" class cars I can think of off hand that I don't dislike are the McLarens, and even those aren't great they are just less bad than the others.

Oh and the KTM I guess, but I've never tried upgrading it for the division and instead just drive it as GT4.

Last edited:
I checked in today to get my Josef Newgarden liveried Chevy DP (I know it stands for Daytona Prototype, but I can’t stop giggling like a 14 year old when I see it), and was greeted by this new livery offering.
D1D623C0-7D21-4D41-95D4-E112BE5BABB9.png

And here’s my JF Chevy. Just out of curiosity I checked the auction house. Plenty of standard versions and one JF livery, but none of the special “I beat Joseph Newgarden” liveries. Anyone want to post theirs so I can see what it looks like?
D98D35C6-6399-4ED7-86B6-2A43E6C4C82E.png

Last edited:
How is this game with a wheel? I always felt like forza Motorsport has less grip than the Gran Turismo series.
Opinions vary wildly. I know several people who like it just fine (largely on Thrustmaster equipment), many can't stand it. I never could get a good wheel setup with it (I have a G920).

Back