Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
7 runs really well on SX as does 6 and well, 5. Extending the race lengths by the first setting really helps, races take up to 20 mins to complete and there's no longer the need to risk it all to get to the front, you can plan your overtakes and make hardly any contact. Much more enjoyable, I've played the whole game like this.
I was in a hurry to complete it so I can get back to my backlog. Once I complete the Drivers' Cup I intend to go back and extend the settings to replay the events I won but didn't get 1st in all the races in, now I've remembered where the race length setting is in the assists menu.
As for PC2 controller settings, it will never feel like Forza but if it helps I can share my settings which certainly make it fun and enjoyable with only a few cars being bothersome. And if you haven't tried it already, it's another game transformed by SX. You can have it on the highest graphic or highest resolution setting and it's silky smooth no matter what's going on.
I did try PC2 but couldn't finish the first race due to the out of the box settings being so twitchy but I've seen your settings on the other forum and will give them a go once I get FM7 out of the way.

Last edited:
I'm still playing nearly every day. I've completed every championship and event except the extra long one at Spa. I'm redoing the various series on Long with no rewinds and full damage, either ones I enjoy or ones I haven't done 100%. I do the weekly Forzathons for the money (sell the prizes) and featured Rivals events for the freebies (feel free to add me). I'm about 10 cars off the 700 having only bought cars to complete series. I sometimes do B, C or D class races online as I need the 50 laps at night achievement. I also booted up FM2 this week on my 360 and don't have an old save so I'm starting from scratch!

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230215_212440_Xbox.jpg

I literally collapsed in relief

I am also very close to completing all elite championships, just the final rightmost one to go. I've done all the endurance races, however that set of elite race series include F1 and fast prototypes, which just feel so horrible to drive in FM7 that I basically gave up with like 4 series to go.

Only something like 20 races from full completion but I just can't be bothered :D

I am also very close to completing all elite championships, just the final rightmost one to go. I've done all the endurance races, however that set of elite race series include F1 and fast prototypes, which just feel so horrible to drive in FM7 that I basically gave up with like 4 series to go.

Only something like 20 races from full completion but I just can't be bothered :D
I agree modern F1 not so nice, but if there are some historic stuff then it's not so bad.

I find it funny they’re still doing socials and events for a game that can’t be bought anymore but if it keeps people playing and interested for the next game then all good 🙂

3 more outfits up for grabs. Hockenheim in the rain in a CLK-GTR.

FquK0fqWYAAyAfV.jpeg

Get the M. Rossi Driver Gear for trying to set your fastest time. Set a clean lap and earn the Doctor Driver Gear. Those who have what it takes to finish in the top 40% will also earn the Firefighter Tan Driver Gear.

I struggled at first to set a clean lap but finally managed one just under 2 minutes, top 30%.

Last edited:
New Rivals contest:

Fr7OcgIXoAARj0a.jpeg

Tame the powerful 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat at Watkins Glen in our Here Kitty, Kitty #FM7 Rivals event! Participate to receive the Baseball Home Jersey Driver Gear and set a clean lap to earn the Cyber Driver Gear. Finish in the top 30% to get the Midnight Driver Gear!

I need the Cyber & Midnight Driver gear so had to do a clean, flying lap.

FtCvx_RWYAM6kVq.jpeg

Celebrate 90 years of Nissan with the Brands Hatch Speed Drill Rivals event! Set your fastest time in the 1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM to receive the Farmer Driver Gear. Make it clean to earn the Biker Driver Gear, and finish in the top 40% to be sent the Nurse Driver Gear.

I also finally beat the FM7 career mode today:
FM7 career fully complete.jpg

(excuse the washed out look, screenshotting HDR games seems to badly convert them to SDR images)

There appear to be 72 race series (6 races each) plus 30 special events, so that totals 462 races. It took a while :D

Interestingly I was originally put off by the F1 and prototype series, but my controller skills have improved enough recently that they were really not too bad. Much less fun than racing B/A/S1 class, but not awful.

Anyway, that's finally done. Ready for FM8 now :D

Repeat after me...

There is no bus stop on Watkins Glen ALT

You'll thank me later :lol:

I also finally beat the FM7 career mode today:View attachment 1251907
(excuse the washed out look, screenshotting HDR games seems to badly convert them to SDR images)

There appear to be 72 race series (6 races each) plus 30 special events, so that totals 462 races. It took a while :D

Interestingly I was originally put off by the F1 and prototype series, but my controller skills have improved enough recently that they were really not too bad. Much less fun than racing B/A/S1 class, but not awful.

Anyway, that's finally done. Ready for FM8 now :D
To add to my pain, I even did the Spa endurance on Extra Long for the achievement.

Possibly duplication, but I want to highlight specifically to anyone reading this forum thread, that this is an extremely rare opportunity to get the MG MGA car, WHICH YOU CANNOT BUY IN FM7 (The only car excluding DLC I believe).
Thanks for this info. I've put in a couple of times so if they end up sending me the MGA I'll be kissing the bricks like Dale Jarrett. 😙

Last edited:
The new Rivals event is out at Road Atlanta:
IMG_20230617_114920.jpg

Also, having put it off for a year, i decided that it was now or never to do the last event that was left in the Career mode - the 3 hour race at Sebring.
IMG_20230617_161631.jpg

And so, that is that.

Well, apart from the fact that I still have 280+ cars to get. Which seems like a hard task in 4 months. Once you get past Level 35, the Collection level also becomes a struggle as the Legendary Cars dry up in the level rewards. I'm currently at level 38.

Another 2 outfits I don't have to collect :)

I have 13 FM7 cars left to buy (excluding the 7 Formula Drift car pack I never bought) at a cost of 9.3m so still a bit to go.

I'm 70% of the way through FM6's career and showcases so plenty to keep me occupied until FM2023 (not 8).

Back