Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments

Huh. This is the message I got when I logged in today.
780afd6a-be43-4fa5-8a8e-8e2f8bcf82c6.png

The Bandit & Gen Pop driver gear were in my inbox.
I've already got the Swirl but not the Snake gear.

Both in my inbox too, but I'm missing both the Swirl and Snake. The most recent time trials have definitely been running through a list of driver gears not seen for a while as my missing ones are being ticked off.

Also, what was that Hyundai 2019 driver gear tied to? Any chance of it returning?
(I'm not expecting the Hot Wheels or Forza RC ones to return at this point).

Also, what was that Hyundai 2019 driver gear tied to? Any chance of it returning?
(I'm not expecting the Hot Wheels or Forza RC ones to return at this point).
I believe it was a promotional thing tied with the release of the 2019 Veloster Turbo and N to the game.

Edit: here’s the article, although it doesn’t mention the suit:

Last edited:
Honestly Fm1 to Fm4 were pretty much gold.

Xbox One era was disappointing.

Forza Motorsport and GT should get their act together.

While GT had useless music rallies dont forget with FM7's stupid driver outfits how immersion breaking it is seeing your opponents dressed as a gingerbread man.

So stupid and ridiculous. Developers actually waste their time on such mundane stuff.
Is this really the case? From what I've seen in this thread driver outfits are the only thing keeping people playing and I doubt anyone peeks inside the cockpits of competing vehicles to have their immersion ruined. If it is an issue to some people, it doesn't really come into play until the podium scene as far as I can see.

Is this really the case? From what I've seen in this thread driver outfits are the only thing keeping people playing and I doubt anyone peeks inside the cockpits of competing vehicles to have their immersion ruined. If it is an issue to some people, it doesn't really come into play until the podium scene as far as I can see.
And some people actually like seeing their opponent dressed as a gingerbread man. Or a classic astronaut. Or a toreador. Because it's fun.

Populuxe inadvertently got me into the driver gear many pages ago by mentioning outfits he was missing. Up to then I had only "collected" the country outfits and the manufacturer outfits. Now I'm collecting them all. I find them much more interesting and palatable than the terrible "outfits" Horizon tries to make you wear. I spent a few too many bucks on them and am regretting it now as I still have 5 cars to buy at 1 million+ but it's all part of the fun. Once I've got the last of my cars I will still be doing the weekly/monthly Forzathon events in the hope I can get them all.

View attachment 1282724

I haven't got my Paintball outfit yet but the latest rivals have been launched. I have both of these outfits but will set a time this weekend. I still need 4 cars at 4,850,000 to complete my collection before FM 2023 comes out. I'm cutting it fine but I think I'll do it :lol:
Yeah I'm needing those 4 cars too... and about 200 others :lol:
Not enough time left for me to get through the list of outstanding but I'll probably wait till 10/10 even though I've got the Premium upgrade. I figure on there being a few bugs still around on day-5 , so that gives me another 5 days on FM7 🤔:lol:
I've had a great summer doing other things outside in the real world, so game time can wait anyway.

Acquired the last of the "common" cars yesterday. Have about 60 "uncommon" cars left to collect then about 30 higher level cars.

I am hoping that as you run out of cars to collect, it "forces" the game to give you better cars in the level up (this happens in FH4 and FH5).

Also, I gather something unlocks at level 500...

Acquired the last of the "common" cars yesterday. Have about 60 "uncommon" cars left to collect then about 30 higher level cars.

I am hoping that as you run out of cars to collect, it "forces" the game to give you better cars in the level up (this happens in FH4 and FH5).
Meanwhile, I just bought the last car I needed last night, a Forza Edition C63 AMG (the older one); the only cars I don’t have now are the FD cars (didn’t buy the pack) and the MG A (I swore I got one from that Horizon 10th anniversary rivals event a while back, turns out that’s not the case). I can confirm that the game chooses ‘legendary’ cars as level-up rewards once you’ve gotten most everything else. Not that I can afford them right now anyway because I ended with 158 CR after buying that C63.
Also, I gather something unlocks at level 500...
Level 469 here. Guess I better get cracking, doubly so since I’m done with the career and now finding entertainment by challenging myself to get my slowest ‘fast laps’ with a stock Isetta in E-class Rivals… it’s really fun and really boring at once. Don’t know if I’ll stick with it.

I just bought my last 2 cars. I'm on Collector level 43 but can't find my Driver level :ill:

Keep plugging away @sirjim73 you will get there soon. I've been running 10-15 lap races with all assists off on Expert level, using rare mods to boost up to 300% and getting about 200-250k per race. Just choose cars and tracks you like and it's fun. I've been loving the Open Wheel Legends class since I upgraded my wheel, loadsa fun. The Reward cars dry up towards the end (and you have to contribute megabucks towards the last few). Once you've got them all your best offer is the 50,000. Do the weekly Forzathons to get your free cars and sell them and the monthlies for the cash bonuses, it's easy money. I need just under 50 driver suits and a handful of badges to complete everything.

FM6 I'm on about 75% completion and FM2 I'm probably 25%. I'll keep playing them after FM2023 is released just for variety.

I just bought my last 2 cars. I'm on Collector level 43 but can't find my Driver level :ill:

Keep plugging away @sirjim73 you will get there soon. I've been running 10-15 lap races with all assists off on Expert level, using rare mods to boost up to 300% and getting about 200-250k per race. Just choose cars and tracks you like and it's fun. I've been loving the Open Wheel Legends class since I upgraded my wheel, loadsa fun. The Reward cars dry up towards the end (and you have to contribute megabucks towards the last few). Once you've got them all your best offer is the 50,000. Do the weekly Forzathons to get your free cars and sell them and the monthlies for the cash bonuses, it's easy money. I need just under 50 driver suits and a handful of badges to complete everything.

FM6 I'm on about 75% completion and FM2 I'm probably 25%. I'll keep playing them after FM2023 is released just for variety.
Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought about getting forzathon duplicates and selling them 👍
I've only about a dozen driver suits left that I can get (excluding Hot Wheels and Forza RC and that irritating Hyundai 2019 :lol:).

Driver level is interesting - there are people on my list on level 46. I think that's possibly because you can buy the Special Dealer cars which give you an extra 110% on top of the normal version of the same car?

I'm planning to keep going on FM7 after FM23 release to try to get whatever is left. But at some point ill need extra disc space on the Series S if FM23 is going to get bigger quickly.

Last 2 weekends I've been at Castle Combe race track, Kop Hill Climb and Stonor show today, so I've seen a LOT of cars there that I want to run races with in FM7.

I've got almost all of FM6 still left to do, but not sure when I'll find the time :lol:

Last edited:
I've had kind of a love/hate relationship with FM7 but thinking back, we've had some great times with it, figured if I was feeling all nostalgic I might as well share somewhere, so here goes. I've got a lot more, of course...

My friends and I have run some races based on some obscure (and bizarre) real events from years gone by. One was based on the old Canadian Player's GM Challenge, which featured literally stock Camaros and Firebirds- they even had the factory stereos! And Richard Dean Anderson of all bloody people raced in the series, mullet and all.
Forza Motorsport 7 (20).pngForza Motorsport 7 (36).png

We ran a series with stock XJ220's based on the old Fast Masters...

FM 7.jpg
We ran a Bathurst 1000 tribute race about once a year, I based my car off some guy from Saskatchewan's carForza Motorsport 7 (29).png
Here's another one from him

Forza Motorsport 7 (30).png

We did some awesome racing with Group B cars once

Forza Motorsport 7  2019-11-30 10_57_55 PM.png

BSR 288.jpgBSR 924.jpg
I always liked doing paints based on really obscure stuff (seriously, on a couple of these, if you can guess where I got the ideas from, you win nothing but my congrats)

Forza Motorsport 7 (40).png
Forza Motorsport 7 (33).png

Forza Motorsport 7 (34).png
Forza Motorsport 7 (23).png
Forza Motorsport 7 (24).png

Forza Motorsport 7 (42).png
We used to do some Baja tribute racing in November that was a lot of fun- figured there was nothing faster off road than an oilpatch truck, but this one never got used for...reasons
Forza Motorsport 7 (27).png

This was my most downloaded paint- funny story is, because of the bizarre models, I couldn't get the red stripe up the side of the tub right and ran out of time- so I ran it like this. And won with it. Three times.
Forza Motorsport 7 (44).png
Although I kinda liked this one more. Only ever got d/l'd twice, though

Forza Motorsport 7 (31).png

Last edited:
Has anyone received the Karateka driver gear yet? I've been expecting it to appear along with the other recent one.
I realise they're busy with that other game :lol: but I thought it would have happened automatically by now.

Also i note that the Featured Events total in Rivals is back up to 5 (it was 3 the other day), which suggests 2 more rival events have been added to the list for after the "Last Furlong"?

I stopped getting new car awards when I had 28 cars left to buy (just as I reached level 41). I now have 15 cars left to buy at level 41 and a third, but half of them are 450k and half are about 1m credits each :(

Has anyone received the Karateka driver gear yet? I've been expecting it to appear along with the other recent one.
I realise they're busy with that other game :lol: but I thought it would have happened automatically by now.

Also i note that the Featured Events total in Rivals is back up to 5 (it was 3 the other day), which suggests 2 more rival events have been added to the list for after the "Last Furlong"?

I stopped getting new car awards when I had 28 cars left to buy (just as I reached level 41). I now have 15 cars left to buy at level 41 and a third, but half of them are 450k and half are about 1m credits each :(
I haven't had any new suits gifted for a while. I got the 2 rivals notifications as well, I thought that was my gifts :boggled:
Your new car offers drying up sounds about the same as mine. I had to grind for the last dozen or so but it didn't take too long. I still buy rare Mods to boost my earnings, I'll do the weekly & monthly forzathons. I'm now buying the driver gear I'm missing until that dries up as well but after my trip to New Zealand tomorrow I won't be playing FM7 as often.

@Milouse I have now been through all of the "???" credit cars on your site and added in prices based on the "Buy Cars" screen. So Kudosprime should now be complete... except for that damn MG MGA which is the only car you cannot buy... :lol:

I've only amended those. There are a number of cars with 0 credits listed which can be purchased from "Buy Cars" but I've left those untouched.

@Milouse I have now been through all of the "???" credit cars on your site and added in prices based on the "Buy Cars" screen. So Kudosprime should now be complete... except for that damn MG MGA which is the only car you cannot buy... :lol:

I've only amended those. There are a number of cars with 0 credits listed which can be purchased from "Buy Cars" but I've left those untouched.
Well done. Meanwhile, i added on FM2023 section:
1. Complete benchmark data for stock version (filled for nearly all cars thanks to RRiner)
2. A link to the page of the same car in all Forza games since Forza 3. (also added to FH5 pages)
1697404288063.png

Last edited:
Sunday morning for me is FM7 Forzathon until I run out of Driver Gear to buy. I also completed the 10 monthly races and 5 online so it wasn't a waste of time. I even won a multi-player race:

1699805503211.png

This week's car prizes weren't worth as much as last week's 700,000 but they still count. I bought 3 more suits this week.

If you don't like multi-player there's usually some people in the Multiplayer 101 hopper that has collisions off and C class cars. I usually try the C & D classes first but Room 101 is also fun.

Last edited:
This week's Forzathon is worth completing if you still need the money to purchase anything. With my race results plus the sale of the 2 car prizes I got around a million credits. If you complete the 10 monthlies and the 5 monthly MP races as well you are looking at 1.5 million. I only need 4 general outfits that I think are still on rotation. I don't think I'll get the Forza 4, Forza RC, Hot Wheels or Hyundai suits anymore. I bought the Karateka suit tonight because I never got my prize.

I'm at about 80% completion on FM6 so I'll carry on with that as well. I'm not looking forward to the endurance events though. I get bored after 10 minutes :lol:

Is deluxe add on worth of buying?
Will it come to some sale?
Now is €33.
You get all the car packs except for Formula Drift Pack plus VIP which doubles your earnings. You can buy it from CD Keys while stocks last or maybe a second hand disc but it won't be on sale because it has been delisted from the MS Store. There's not any extra tracks or game modes so it depends on whether you want all the cars really. I got mine cheap, I wouldn't pay €33.

Last edited:
Back