Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
2015 Ultima #18 Canon Evolution Coupe 1020

23725917348_2bcb291a51_o.png

37578210981_bece4a2bc8_o.png

The AI being faster and slower on different tracks, is 60% driving line, 40% the new speed advantage.
Some tracks tell you to brake too much, too soon, too early. The AI follow the driving line.
Catalyuna doesn't have many corners to "beat" the driving line, plus it has a huge straight. Le Sarthe is a bitch too.
It's a matter of making a list, I've already started.

It's not just unbeatable with speed variation.

Last edited:
Referring to the AI speed thing.
I was testing some cars, just the way the game gave them to me to see how they ran. Out of the 5 cars I tested the 959 was the slowest both in top speed achieved and in lap time about 1 full second slower than the other 4 cars I tested. I was doing quick 10 lap stints on Homestead Oval to test them. Out of the 5 tests two of them the AI had 959s out front and were hard to catch. they were turning more speed on the straights than I could get out of mine and had better acceleration, not to mention all of the other AI cars on the track should have been faster than the 959 with the F50 being the fastest of bunch but only once was it at the front. When I was chasing the 959s it seemed like either they had a much better gear thatn the one I received or that they had more HP or both. They were able to match the acceleration of my F1 on the straight up to about 180mph yet when I drove that same 959 it struggled to get past 165

Not to gripe and whine anymore (and by that I mean I'm about to gripe and whine some more) but I've come to the realisation that I'm not playing through the Forza Drivers Cup to have fun, I'm only playing through it for the showcase cars. The inconsistent AI means whenever I'm able to win I don't see it as a result of my own skill but rather as a result of the AI's failures, which means there's very little sense of accomplishment and just makes it feel like a grind to complete championships as quickly as possible. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but it really just makes me want to take a break and go back to Horizon 3 until some changes are made.

EDIT - Y'know, this might not be a popular opinion, but I think if the AI MUST cheat to be competitive then they should get rubberbanding rather than a straight up power boost. I'd rather have a constant close race which is mostly determined by the final couple of corners over a glorified chase-the-rabbit(s) style of racing.

Last edited:
Has anyone else used the Ariel Nomad? It seems the hit boxes on them for me only include the roll cage. The wheels and suspension will just phase through everything.

Until today i had not driven anything in FM7 I did not like. That all changed when I got behind the wheel of that trophy truck, wow what pig that thing is. Quite possibly the worst handling thing I have ever "tried" to drive. After the first race I tuned it a little and it felt a bit better but still really bad by the last race I almost had it where you could get it to stay almost straight getting in and out of the throttle but not quite.
I ended up just setting the AI to easy, the races to short and blew through that one as quickly as possible. Glad I do not need to drive that thing again.

If you do the trophy truck races it's best to pick the Ranger, it's AWD and has a reasonable power output. The RJ Anderson and F-150 are throwing 850 horses at the rear wheels and the Mini's center of gravity is higher than it seems like it should be, and all of them are running off-road tires on pavement so you're not going to get much of anything in the way of grip.

If you do the trophy truck races it's best to pick the Ranger, it's AWD and has a reasonable power output. The RJ Anderson and F-150 are throwing 850 horses at the rear wheels and the Mini's center of gravity is higher than it seems like it should be, and all of them are running off-road tires on pavement so you're not going to get much of anything in the way of grip.

I picked one the the F150s because it showed the best handling :lol:

I loved the trophy truck, it really gave me the sensation of driving one on tarmac, you could slide it around and really feel the pitch and roll.

I will say though when it rains the AI in the 4WD Minis and Rangers leave you for dust.

Not to gripe and whine anymore (and by that I mean I'm about to gripe and whine some more) but I've come to the realisation that I'm not playing through the Forza Drivers Cup to have fun, I'm only playing through it for the showcase cars. The inconsistent AI means whenever I'm able to win I don't see it as a result of my own skill but rather as a result of the AI's failures, which means there's very little sense of accomplishment and just makes it feel like a grind to complete championships as quickly as possible. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but it really just makes me want to take a break and go back to Horizon 3 until some changes are made.

That's pretty much how I feel :boggled:

Excatly how I feel. Not only that, the new homologation feature is too restrictive, I can barely mod any car in my garage..... I ain't getting that feeling of wanting to play FM7 as often as I did with FH3, cause I really thought the career mode would've been something AT LEAST decent but it just feels like another FM6 career. Sure you have slight control over how long you want races to be, but that's it...

I don't know, I just ain't getting that feeling of wanting to play FM7 anymore. Dare I say it's pretty boring at the moment, though I'll still play but changes (AND FIXES) are definitely needed like, right now.

I’ve been playing on unbeatable and I can win when I choose a decent car I’ve built and tuned. I just have to really focus which makes it enjoyable for me.

Until today i had not driven anything in FM7 I did not like. That all changed when I got behind the wheel of that trophy truck, wow what pig that thing is. Quite possibly the worst handling thing I have ever "tried" to drive. After the first race I tuned it a little and it felt a bit better but still really bad by the last race I almost had it where you could get it to stay almost straight getting in and out of the throttle but not quite.
I ended up just setting the AI to easy, the races to short and blew through that one as quickly as possible. Glad I do not need to drive that thing again.

This is how I feel about the Polaris. These vehicles should've just stayed in Horizon.

Guess it’s just me who likes it then, although it would be cooonif we could get rallycross circuits in the Motorsport games. It would be nice to drive the rally and off road cars on dirt without the overly grippy Horizon physics.

I’ve been playing on unbeatable and I can win when I choose a decent car I’ve built and tuned. I just have to really focus which makes it enjoyable for me.
I've been bouncing around between settings myself. Some of the races I have just driven whatever and not bother to do anything to the car, set the races to short and the AI down to where I knew I could win without much effort and of course those are boring to run. Others I have set to long and depending on the track and car set the AI to unbeatable or pro and those races were a lot more fun to run though some of them on unbeatable I ended up 2nd,3rd or even 4th but won the majority of them. So I am torn on the career races between setting the long and harder to have fun and setting them quick and easy to get the cars. Finally i decided that if it is a track and car I want to drive then go for long and hard and otherwise go for short and easy then maybe come back later once I have all the cars awarded and then run those I set to short and easy again on higher settings

This is how I feel about the Polaris. These vehicles should've just stayed in Horizon.
I drove the Polaris right after the trucks it drove about 1000% better than the F150 though I did almost roll it a couple of times.

I do really like FM7, it's a great game. The new features are nice and it's got a near perfect car list and I can't complain about the track selection either.

But for the first time ever playing a Forza game I'm left thinking.... I've done this all before. I understand there is only so many things they can change to make it feel like a unique experience, but one thing they never change is getting old: The menus and selection screens. The car selection screens (which was best in FM4 with the grid selection they removed for some reason in 5, 6 and 7), the paint/ decal screens, customization menus. Surely the car selection screen can be improved to be easier to navigate and the other menus can be tweaked so it doesn't feel like a copy/ paste from previous games.

So no matter how many new cars, tracks and features they add, it feels like the same old Forza. It's a good and a bad thing. I mean, do they have to change that stuff? Nah, maybe not, it's the racing that matters. But with such a rapid release schedule (now with the Horizons in the mix) it feels like the same game over and over and I don't think it has to be that way.

Just a thought, is it possible T10 have boosted the drivatars in a (failed) attempt to make early racing more competitive? Forza 7 is still very much in it's infancy, it has only been on full release for less than a week so the data needed to build the drivatars is still in short supply. In order to make the drivatars lap times and general pace more competitive they may have temporarily boosted the top speed of cars on higher difficulty settigs to make up for the shoddy cornering?

Was thinking about this last night. In the failrace video of nascar on FM7, the other cars are quick but they are all over the track and actually rubbing the walls at Homestead. There is no way they should be carrying the speed they are down the straight with hitting the barriers. It would be interesting to see a comparison race in a month or two to see if the lines they take improve dramatically or not.

I forgot how to drive haha, I'm doing terrible especially on Rivals. I'm still not sure how to feel about the FFB, I know most people say that in FM6 was bad but I actually liked it and was able to be fast, now it feels so unfamiliar that I don't feel comfortable driving.

Have you wheel users mainly used the default configuration or have you tweaked the FFB settings much?

I've been playing around a bit with different race lengths and while it is to soon to tell this seems to be having an effect on the speed of the AI in at least some of the races. Once I have did some more experimenting and if I come to a solid conclusion one way or the other I will post back and share the results.

Just a thought, is it possible T10 have boosted the drivatars in a (failed) attempt to make early racing more competitive? Forza 7 is still very much in it's infancy, it has only been on full release for less than a week so the data needed to build the drivatars is still in short supply. In order to make the drivatars lap times and general pace more competitive they may have temporarily boosted the top speed of cars on higher difficulty settigs to make up for the shoddy cornering?

Was thinking about this last night. In the failrace video of nascar on FM7, the other cars are quick but they are all over the track and actually rubbing the walls at Homestead. There is no way they should be carrying the speed they are down the straight with hitting the barriers. It would be interesting to see a comparison race in a month or two to see if the lines they take improve dramatically or not.
I've definitely noticed some "rubber banding" in FM7. In the early laps of a race the drivatars will pull away from me with almost unbelievable speeds but then in the final laps they will slow down to the point where I can have a chance to win the race. It's not something I noticed in other Forza Motorsports games.

I've definitely noticed some "rubber banding" in FM7. In the early laps of a race the drivatars will pull away from me with almost unbelievable speeds but then in the final laps they will slow down to the point where I can have a chance to win the race. It's not something I noticed in other Forza Motorsports games.

There were a lot of complaints in the early days of Forza 6 regards the AI, as time went on they faded into the background as the derpy AI improved itself. I believe this maybe a midguided attempt to placate the issue on initial release. We'll see in time I guess.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445162

This is just UK and just physical retail* but sales are down compared to previous titles.

Also, Forza Horizon 3 was a monster at launch and even today it's selling almost as much as Forza Motorsport 7.

*Digital is a big deal this time round thanks to the Hoonigan Pack.

Too early to say it is a disaster, the Xbox One X bundles with Forza 7 next month are bound to boost sales figures.

So I decided to take the Regera out for a spin in Free Play on the Old Mulsanne Circuit, and I noticed something very interesting.

Farther up the starting grid, I caught up to two Pagani Huayras with some interesting liveries.

03833aa3-8370-4a85-b1c6-19c2fe62ad46

This one was called Huayra Totinos in the grid names.

And the other one:
93b11a44-40bd-411b-ab94-9fc1d1c4389e

This one was called Pagani Totinos in the grid names.

I took pictures of both of them, and when I tried to share them, the cars aren't under the Pagani filter...

Future prize cars perhaps?

Back