Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
This isn't a real complaint because it doesn't really mean anything, but from what I can work out the AI aren't affected by custom traction handicaps. I would've loved to have a field of cars all sliding around and out of control but they seem to only affect human players.

Won a second Hoonigan Pack in the Virtual Key sweepstakes last night. If anyone is interested in it, let me know... I'll give it a couple hours here before it goes on Reddit.

So as it turns out, the Monte Carlo FE has no bonuses attached to it. No credit boosts, no secondary thing for a specific track/race feat/whatever, nothing. Also, because it has racing suspension and rollbars pre-installed, it handles way better than a car sitting on 24" bling rims has any right to. I was hoping it would at least have some ridiculous jelly suspension going on.

But on the plus side it still has the same upgrade options of the stock Monty, so you can shove a NASCAR engine and superwide tires on to make it silly for completely different reasons. I wonder if it's even possible to get 345/20R24 tires in real life...

Sometimes this game really gets on my nerves. I tried to set up a multi-class endurance race with Group C/GTP cars in the 1st class and RWB Porsches in the 2nd, but nothing I did worked. I tried limiting the PI to exactly 620 and limiting power to c.290kW, but nothing worked! This isn't even the only time this issue popped up when trying to set up multi-class races...:banghead:

Won a second Hoonigan Pack in the Virtual Key sweepstakes last night. If anyone is interested in it, let me know... I'll give it a couple hours here before it goes on Reddit.

I'd be interested if it already hasn't been given away please.

So I decided to take the Regera out for a spin in Free Play on the Old Mulsanne Circuit, and I noticed something very interesting.

Farther up the starting grid, I caught up to two Pagani Huayras with some interesting liveries.

03833aa3-8370-4a85-b1c6-19c2fe62ad46

This one was called Huayra Totinos in the grid names.

And the other one:
93b11a44-40bd-411b-ab94-9fc1d1c4389e

This one was called Pagani Totinos in the grid names.

I took pictures of both of them, and when I tried to share them, the cars aren't under the Pagani filter...

Future prize cars perhaps?

The boxes are in stores now. There are 2 cars and 2 driver suits.

EDIT: The site for redeeming codes (forza.totinos.com) doesn’t go active until 10/15.

5FE1E31A-4A1A-43DF-A1A7-C9A34B892B9C.jpeg

Last edited:

Thank you so much, its quite appreciated. Shame the Hoonigan pack didn't land with the disc buyers of the Ultimate Edtiion but thanks to you I've got those cars now. Hoping I can pay it forward some day.

That Tontino's promotion is like the best of all worlds, pizza and free Forza gear. Win win

So the 300 mile showcase race at Sebring in the Ford GT is 81 laps in "short" mode, and goes up all the way to something like 243 if you go "extra long", which means something like a 9 hour race... :lol: I've settled for the long race at 162 laps, that should be right around 5h30-5h45 once I'm done. The AI has been surprisingly fast so far during that race, which goes along with how unpredictable it is from race to race. :/

So the 300 mile showcase race at Sebring in the Ford GT is 81 laps in "short" mode, and goes up all the way to something like 243 if you go "extra long", which means something like a 9 hour race... :lol: I've settled for the long race at 162 laps, that should be right around 5h30-5h45 once I'm done. The AI has been surprisingly fast so far during that race, which goes along with how unpredictable it is from race to race. :/

I'll think I'll have to wait for a patch right now over 200 miles the game gets pretty flaky and needs a restart, after 250 track is missing in places, soon after that it is crash city so 300 miles is not worth the risk would really be a shame to drive 275 miles into it and have it it crash.

Must be something on PC, because I've done the longer Spa endurance and a few 40-50lap ones around VIR, Sonoma and Watkins Glen in freeplay and didn't run into any problems. :confused:

Must be something on PC, because I've done the longer Spa endurance and a few 40-50lap ones around VIR, Sonoma and Watkins Glen in freeplay and didn't run into any problems. :confused:

I have done 50 laps on Daytona no problem, if I do another 50 then it starts to have some real issues toward the end. 50 laps on Daytona is 125 miles if my calculations are correct. Around 130-140 miles it starts to drop a few textures in the distance after 200 miles or so it is dropping quite a few textures and by 250 they are dropping all over the place. This seems to happen at different intervals on different tracks but it is definitely an issue on the PC version, not sure about xbox. Until it is fixed I will have to stay clear of the two longer endurance races though I do plan to give the 125 of the ring a shot soon.

I just tried something, wasn't sure if it would work or not but I have been getting a lot of level up cars that are pretty pricey, so much so that at one point I had 10 under the car cover due to lack of funds.

Anyway the Auto union popped up for $100k after the $400k discount so I thought why not try picking it up and see if I can sell it. So rather than take the 50k I spent the 100k on the discounted car then went to my garage and was able to sell it for 250k netting 150k vs the 50k I could have gotten. Still I wondered if I would later have another chance to get that same car again at the discount because at some point I will want it, just needed the credits more right now. So I went out and ran another long race with mods to get more credits, leveled up twice and after the first level up that auto union popped up again for 100k and again I got it and sold it for 250k.

I thought then I wonder if you can sell the ones that were less than 400k but the answer is no apparently but it seems that if you had to spend credits when you got the car you can sell them at 50% value. So what this means is that once you have that 400k discount if the level up car offered requires additional credits and that number of credits needed is less than 300k then buying and selling that car nets you more than you get by taking the 50k not a lot mind you the most you could get is just under 200k net but even 75k is better than 50 if you need the credits.

I didn't think I would be allowed to see the rental cars in Forza Vista mode when in a Free Play session. Anyway, I finally found out that the Shelby GT350R got revised a bit. I can now see the engine bay in Forza Vista mode.

Maybe just a coincidence but earlier today I set Forza to Windowed mode so I could see any notifications that may pop up on my task bar. At first it seemed a little odd not being full screen but I seemed to get used to it pretty quick.

Anyway I just ran the Nurburgring 125 event and did not notice any stuttering at all during the race. Since I have not ran that race before I do not know for sure if it would have had an issue when in full screen mode or not but it seems that pretty much every track I have been on where I was there more than a few laps I would see at least some slight stuttering and sometimes very noticeable so this may be something to try if you play on the PC and have stuttering issues.

Thinking back I also ran 2 races earlier on Homestead Speedway after putting it in windowed mode and do not recall seeing any stuttering there either though perhaps I am mistaken. Normally there is some stuttering on that track if you run very many laps or races.

I'll have to keep an eye on this then try again in full screen mode to see if there really is a difference or if I just imagined it ;)

Please share the payouts when you're finished. After reading the guy who took 8 hours to do the Nurburgring for 2 million cr., it didn't seem exactly efficient in that area.

I did the standard 125 mile on the nurburghring not sure how long it took 8 laps fastest was somewhere around 9:30 - 9:45 I guess. Unfortunately I had the AI set to pro and only got 80% bonus. The payout was 100k+80k bonus. Was a fun race with the exception of that Bentley GT car knocking me off the track a few times then getting in front and brake checking me going into a corner, would have been better if I had the AI at unbeatable though as I ran off an left the cars in my class without any problem.

Hey, I don't have the game yet, but I have a question. When setting up a private room with friends, can you have it where you can race any car against any car or is it strictly by car class?

Please share the payouts when you're finished. After reading the guy who took 8 hours to do the Nurburgring for 2 million cr., it didn't seem exactly efficient in that area.

I got bored/numb hands after an hour an a half so I quit, but honestly it's probably not worth the time it'll take. I think I'll do that one on normal distance eventually. I got slightly frustrated when I could only manage 19 laps out of the fuel while the 2nd place car could do 23.

Back