Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
whats up with the fuel usage on the VW rallycross beetle? I just lost a race as me and some others had to pit on lap 7 while the Subaru WRX cars didn't need to pit. I don't see how a car can drain a full tank on 7 laps of Maple Valley

whats up with the fuel usage on the VW rallycross beetle? I just lost a race as me and some others had to pit on lap 7 while the Subaru WRX cars didn't need to pit. I don't see how a car can drain a full tank on 7 laps of Maple Valley

Fuel mileage is messed up overall, I ran out of gas 10 laps earlier than the AI in the Spa event. I know Corvettes have a big thirsty V8, but they aren't that bad. :lol:

I turned damage to cosmetic only after that race as even before I would usually cut it close during extra long races while the AI seemingly had no issues.

I've just noticed that the "Race in the rain" mod card doesn't activate if you're driving on a wet track after it's finished raining. Simce the map on the pre-race screen has the rain symbol above it in such a case it's difficult for me to tell whether the mod'll be eligible for the race without starting it.

Does anyone know whether there's a way to access the leaderboards for each track without having to complete a race on that track? I can't find the button if there is one.

I've just noticed that the "Race in the rain" mod card doesn't activate if you're driving on a wet track after it's finished raining. Simce the map on the pre-race screen has the rain symbol above it in such a case it's difficult for me to tell whether the mod'll be eligible for the race without starting it.

Does anyone know whether there's a way to access the leaderboards for each track without having to complete a race on that track? I can't find the button if there is one.

Yeah it is in the race setup section where you pick the track, select the location, then highlight the layout you want and from there you can see the leaderboard for the car you are currently in

Note: it does not have to be the track nor layout you are on. You can see any of them from there but only for the type of car you are in at the time

I'm running into a lot of bugs in the game and it's starting to get a little irritating. What's worse is that some of these are carryovers from previous titles.
  • Thumbnails don't always match the mods I've made to some of my cars
  • The Hoonigan Mustang rims are invisible
  • Searching for vinyl groups will only show 2 and a half columns of results and the rest just load indefinitely
  • When looking for tunes, a large number won't fully load and show up as E class
  • It's only happened once, but the audio was completely distorted and required a restart to fix - This is an issue because this happened in previous versions of the game
  • One of the Hoonigan DLC Race Gear outfits always shows up as *NEW*
  • When viewing rims and then zooming the camera, there's about a 5-second delay before you can start viewing different rims again
  • One of the rims in the third category has a graphical issue where it shows up as a pixelated blue/pink
  • The factory orange paint on the McLaren 570s looks like curdled paint

The rim one isn't a glitch, someone actually thought that would look good on a car.

IMG_0086.JPG

Fuel mileage is messed up overall, I ran out of gas 10 laps earlier than the AI in the Spa event. I know Corvettes have a big thirsty V8, but they aren't that bad. :lol:

That is odd. I managed to finish that event with only one pit, whereas the AI did two...

A very small tank? 7 laps of Maple Valley is a distance far longer than most RX races, and remember than in racing and rocket engineering, any fuel you don't burn up is just weighting you down.

Yeah it is in the race setup section where you pick the track, select the location, then highlight the layout you want and from there you can see the leaderboard for the car you are currently in

Note: it does not have to be the track nor layout you are on. You can see any of them from there but only for the type of car you are in at the time
So you have to go into Free Play? Thanks for the pointer. Needless to say, I'm looking for tunes for career mode and this should make things easier.

I'm guessing IMSA in January, just in time for Daytona. The lack of current GT cars and the IMSA deal just seems to make it a logical choice.

Hopefully whatever it is it includes more than 1 track.
Was just discussing this on Skype with @JR98. I would love an IMSA expansion! :)

Hopefully whatever it is it includes more than 1 track.
Almost sounds like you're trying to be disappointed.

Hopefully it includes a track. Asking for more than 1 is pretty far-fetched if you ask me.

Or if you're lazy like me just keep on racing with the design and after three or four(?) races the option to like the design or tune you're using will automatically come up during gameplay.
That hasn't happened yet, Idk if I ran enough in any of them.
Thanks, that worked. Kind of annoying you have to back out to the main menu just to load a leaderboard tune, but at least there is a workaround.

Paint Car> My Designs

Than select the livery and there's an option to Like it.
It's empty. I think I have 3 downloaded designs, but nothing shows up?

Last edited:
A very small tank? 7 laps of Maple Valley is a distance far longer than most RX races, and remember than in racing and rocket engineering, any fuel you don't burn up is just weighting you down.
Good point I didn't think of that just seems odd to put it in a series with other cars that don't need a refuel.

I Said I was hoping, not expecting. ;)
True, but let down hopes are disappointment, no?

Thanks, that worked. Kind of annoying you have to back out to the main menu just to load a leaderboard tune, but at least there is a workaround.

Paint Car> My Designs

Than select the livery and there's an option to Like it.
It's empty. I think I have 3 downloaded designs, (at least 2) but nothing shows up?

Sadly, I stand corrected! I assumed it was a glitch because it wasn't taking on the color I had applied to my wheels.
Fortunately there is a turbofan wheel option that can be repainted, in the third wheel category. I think it's mostly to the right of the list, among the newer drag and off-road wheel options.

I recently found under the “ease of access” settings an option to change audio to Mono and it made the game sound better.

Great design, really like it but is there any chance that You could do a version without numbers and numberplates? Thanks in advance!

The numbers are basically my signature on these designs; if you look at my other Paints you will see each of them has the same board and a sequential numbering system. #22 is the 22nd original design I have done in this game for example.

Okay, so I know have both Totino's cars and suits. I have an extra code if anyone wants it. Just send me a message.

edit: code has been claimed.

Last edited:
I'd welcome a rally expansion just to have some actual use of the Polaris & Trophy Trucks. Those 2 series were frustrating and someone at T10 is a sick puppy for making the last race at Long Beach.

My first time back on the game in a few days since the VIP fix, and gaining credits is way easier now. Up to 3 million. Now, I'm just trying to level up as quick as possible to see what cars appear for me; had the Murcie SV & 993 GT2 appear for once.
I'm running into a lot of bugs in the game and it's starting to get a little irritating. What's worse is that some of these are carryovers from previous titles.
  • Searching for vinyl groups will only show 2 and a half columns of results and the rest just load indefinitely
I can't stand this one. I don't know if there are legitimate designs not showing.

I'd welcome a rally expansion just to have some actual use of the Polaris & Trophy Trucks. Those 2 series were frustrating and someone at T10 is a sick puppy for making the last race at Long Beach.

What's funny is there is a truck race on the undercard for the Long Beach GP every year - Robby Gordon Stadium SUPER Trucks - even with jump ramps placed on the front straight. :crazy:

I'm sure if they added the ramps in this game, everyone would be complaining that it's unrealistic and should be confined to the Horizon games. :D

(shhhh...a little secret. Even though ykiki takes his motorsports seriously, ykiki found the trucks to be surprisingly entertaining)

What's funny is there is a truck race on the undercard for the Long Beach GP every year - Robby Gordon Stadium SUPER Trucks - even with jump ramps placed on the front straight. :crazy:

I'm sure if they added the ramps in this game, everyone would be complaining that it's unrealistic and should be confined to the Horizon games. :D
Can confirm, just seen the race this year at the Gran Prix. There is more than just ramps on the front straight, too.

Back