Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
It looks like I will be disabling HDR quite a bit before any Photomode sessions as you will find out now, so here goes. Currently from what I have seen, the Xbox One X overlays the effect in Photomode. And well depending on settings. The shot could become washed out when HDR is disabled. While on a non-HDR screen the same thing will happen.

Now is this bad news for Photomode. Well in my view it is since GT: Sport handles it's HDR effect better or captures some of it in Photomode. Anyway could HDR be tweaked to work better in Photomode on FH4, FM8 or via a future update.

There is a way. But they will have to rework Photomode, while also giving the user some extra options. Or if they don't want to spend some time thinking outside of the box. Instead they could just borrow some ideas from GT: Sports Photomode, one of which is the option to further tweak a range of settings for just the cars.

This is going to be bit of a daft question, but I'm thinking of getting Forza Motorsport 7 for Christmas.

Do you need a Gold membership to access most of the features in the game? I remember I could access the auction house in Forza Horizon 3 with a silver membership & I could do the Forzathon in Forza Horizon 3 too. Not been on Xbox in months.

VXR
Just to be controversial, it still doesn't look as good as the 156.

Let's just say that the 156 and the 159 were more of a "love it or leave it" affair... The Giulia is a happy medium between the tastes of gearheads of the former and the latter dispositions, or a "love it or get your eyesight checked" kind of car.

Also, the 156 drove like an upscaled Fiat Marea IRL. I haven't had a chance to get my hands around the steering wheel of a Giulia yet, and by the looks of it, it will be a very long time before I do, but I'm quite confident it's a much better drivers car.

So, I'm absolutely pissed right now.

Went to do the pointless update, and decided to go play some FH3. Came back to find the update made no progress at all, so I cancelled it and it uninstalled the whole ****ing game of FM7. :banghead:

Absolutely brilliant programming Microsoft! 👍

Um... What?
Yep, you read that right, I cancelled the update for FM7 because nothing was happening and the whole game uninstalled from my Xbox...fun right?

This has literally never happened to me before.

So, I'm absolutely pissed right now.

Went to do the pointless update, and decided to go play some FH3. Came back to find the update made no progress at all, so I cancelled it and it uninstalled the whole ****ing game of FM7. :banghead:

Absolutely brilliant programming Microsoft! 👍
You would expect this to happen had it been produced by EA...

But Forza 7? Turn 10? Now thats a first. :lol:

Today’s update fixed an issue where single player progress could be used to complete multiplayer Xbox Live achievements.

Too slow, Turn 10. I’ve already gotten all the achievements you could get thanks to this convenient glitch. :sly:

The more I can avoid the warzone that is public multiplayer, the better.

Last edited:
It's amazing how sterile Gran Turismo feels compared to Forza. I've recently started playing 7 and I forget just how much more 'alive' the game (and the cars) feel.

Having a blast so far and what a difference it makes having an actual career mode in a racing game. :)

This is going to be bit of a daft question, but I'm thinking of getting Forza Motorsport 7 for Christmas.

Do you need a Gold membership to access most of the features in the game? I remember I could access the auction house in Forza Horizon 3 with a silver membership & I could do the Forzathon in Forza Horizon 3 too. Not been on Xbox in months.
I've been on silver for 2 weeks now and can access everything except multiplayer hoppers.

VXR
LOL, the 156 is pert, chic, not one wasted line. The glasshouse and bulbous curves of the Giulia aren't as pure. It doesn't scream Italianate to me.
The 156 is bland and bloated.

Unless it's one of those cars that look way better in person, because I haven't seen a picture of it I liked.

OK, anyone got a good memory? Think back to the early days after FM7 launch. One of the first things I did was go to LeMans and check for the new Porsche Experience Center building, to see if T10 had updated the track. I was disappointed to see it wasn’t there.
Now it has been pointed out to me over at forzacentral that it is in fact right there in the Ford chicanes where it belongs.
Am I going crazy, or did LeMans get a stealth refresh in one of the updates?

Unless it's one of those cars that look way better in person, because I haven't seen a picture of it I liked.

It really, really is — though I prefer the facelifted 156. When I was in London earlier this year on vacation, there was one parked in front of our hotel every morning. It's such a pretty car for what is a medium-sized, semi-premium sedan. Really well resolved, and has aged very well.

I mean, this is the average sedan you'd find on the road here of the same vintage:

upload_2017-11-8_21-8-58.png

:indiff:

It is.

If only the 156 spun the right wheels for an Alfa...

OK, anyone got a good memory? Think back to the early days after FM7 launch. One of the first things I did was go to LeMans and check for the new Porsche Experience Center building, to see if T10 had updated the track. I was disappointed to see it wasn’t there.
Now it has been pointed out to me over at forzacentral that it is in fact right there in the Ford chicanes where it belongs.
Am I going crazy, or did LeMans get a stealth refresh in one of the updates?

Could be. The patch notes are really incomplete - it is clear that T10 needs to do some "destructive restructuring", I'd say the first guy who needs to get "reconsidered" is the one in charge of writing those.

VXR
Whilst it looks great without aliasing, you can keep that HDR with T10's lighting system. It looks way worse there on the X than it does the regular One.
I think the HDR on my One S looks incredible, but I agree that T10's lighting system leaves a lot to be desired.

VXR
Just to be controversial, it still doesn't look as good as the 156.

Whilst it looks great without aliasing, you can keep that HDR with T10's lighting system. It looks way worse there on the X than it does the regular One.

Were you watching the video on a 4k HDR display? And do you own the One X yet? Cause I highly disagree with this. The lighting in FM7 running on the One X, on a 4k HDR display looks amazing.

Quitting out of the series will stop the noise (still there after the last update). I pressed too quick (to check) and had the noise. Going back to the main menu and going back to the series solved the problem.

Guys, I have a question before buying the game. Can we do private multiplayer lobbies or at least LAN? If yes, what cars/tracks/modes are available? Can anyone answer this or link to a video demonstrating this portion of the game?

Were you watching the video on a 4k HDR display? And do you own the One X yet? Cause I highly disagree with this. The lighting in FM7 running on the One X, on a 4k HDR display looks amazing.

They’re running side by side in the video, I can quite clearly see the difference as presented on my Retina Display. HDR is a pox on anything it touches.

VXR
They’re running side by side in the video, I can quite clearly see the difference as presented on my Retina Display. HDR is a pox on anything it touches.
HDR enabled also makes for some very washed out videos if it doesn't record the HDR processing, if I remember correctly.

Although I'm not entirely sure what you're finding to be worse in the comparison video.

I had something rather odd happen. I was racing my 1964 Ferrari F-158 F1 and the car was grey. Except it it's actually red. I hadn't painted it. The game was rendering my red car in grey. In the second race I ran with it, it was red again. Then I raced a 2017 Acura NSX FE that was also red. Except that the game was rendering it as grey again. I even paused the game and entered photo mode to check it out. Except for one very small section above the right front wheel which was red, the car was grey. The second race I ran with the car, it was red again like it was supposed to be.

Latest Posts

Back