Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
New Valentine's Day gift should be waiting now in every player inbox...
View attachment 991302
That's hideous! Why would anyone do that to a beautiful machine like that. I removed mine immediately and replaced it with another design double quick. The livery designs they have "awarded" us for various Holidays or Rivals are just awful. I think only a few I have actually kept and those I think were from the Forza RC for watching the feed. This is a Racing game, why not reward us with more Racing themed designs? I understand maybe they cant use logos without paying royalties. But why not simple schemes with stripes, numbers, multiple paint colors, or flames. I know I cant be the only one who feels this way. And what's the significance of Valentines Day? There's a Driver suit and a Livery for it? Dozens of other holidays we got nothing. The Year of the Dog Driver Suit was one of the most popular when released a few years ago, No follow up at all.

That's hideous! Why would anyone do that to a beautiful machine like that. I removed mine immediately and replaced it with another design double quick. The livery designs they have "awarded" us for various Holidays or Rivals are just awful. I think only a few I have actually kept and those I think were from the Forza RC for watching the feed. This is a Racing game, why not reward us with more Racing themed designs? I understand maybe they cant use logos without paying royalties. But why not simple schemes with stripes, numbers, multiple paint colors, or flames. I know I cant be the only one who feels this way. And what's the significance of Valentines Day? There's a Driver suit and a Livery for it? Dozens of other holidays we got nothing. The Year of the Dog Driver Suit was one of the most popular when released a few years ago, No follow up at all.
Personally I love it. In fact I’m getting rid of my other Spano and keeping this one.

This is some sort of tradition already as we had this sort of gift cars since Xbox 360 era Motorsport titles. Personally my aim was always to collect all of the special ones.

This is some sort of tradition already as we had this sort of gift cars since Xbox 360 era Motorsport titles. Personally my aim was always to collect all of the special ones.
Same. In fact I’m reinstalling FM7 just to get it.

I fired up FM7 just to get the new gift cars and I thought since it had been quite a few months since I played that I would give it a spin or two. But it just reminded me how frustrating this game can be. Driving the A or S class RWD cars, so little steering input can just completely lose traction and send cars spinning. The AI having no regard for where you are on track then pit maneuvering you and pushing you snow plow style down the track.

I'm just not that confident that FM8 is going to be that much better. Hope I'm wrong though.

Playing FM7 again, or I should say trying to play FM7, has also brought up an old problem between the Xbox One X and this Samsung Q80R tv that I bought a year ago.

Turn the Xbox on from the tv menu, power on the Fanatec V2 wheel, try multiple times to get it into Xbox mode with the V2 rim, launch FM7, game starts to load, tv says Xbox isn't powered on and shows a button to turn it on. But it is powered on. If you select the "on" button of course it turns the Xbox off then you have to start the process all over again.

So something somewhere is telling the tv that the Xbox isn't powered on. But strangely it only seems to happen with FM7. It doesn't do it with ACC or Formula 1 2020 which are both digital games or with Project Cars 2 which is on disc. Just FM7.

Speaking of FM7. I've noticed there is next to no lag during my playthrough of the game. Everything is just so fast on the Xbox Series X, from upgrading cars to loading 24 cars on tracks like Nurburgring!

Everything is so quick that it makes playing the game a fun experience. Just wish it didn't turn out the way it did though. :(

I hope FM8 (rebooted) brings the goodness of FM1 to FM4 back in the franchise again. Oh, and expand on the cars and tracks too!

1000 cars are already more than you get in 10 other race games together lol

Technically it's only 835 cars, so 8.35 other games :P

As a newcomer to Forza and Xbox generally, is it me or does the AI seem really slow at Watkins Glen...? Not just at the chicane (which happens in most games, but elsewhere too, especially the long fast left-right up the hill after turn 2 where the AI slows even though you can pretty much keep going flat out in some cars.

Which is all rather silly, since it's one track where you have good overtaking opportunities and dont need help from the AI.

As opposed to Sonoma Raceway where the AI zooms ahead at the only bits where you have a chance to overtake!!

Technically it's only 835 cars, so 8.35 other games :P

As a newcomer to Forza and Xbox generally, is it me or does the AI seem really slow at Watkins Glen...? Not just at the chicane (which happens in most games, but elsewhere too, especially the long fast left-right up the hill after turn 2 where the AI slows even though you can pretty much keep going flat out in some cars.

Which is all rather silly, since it's one track where you have good overtaking opportunities and dont need help from the AI.

As opposed to Sonoma Raceway where the AI zooms ahead at the only bits where you have a chance to overtake!!

AI performance over various tracks can be quite inconsistent. I used to shudder whenever Sebring came over on career mode because AI cars are super fast over there for some reason.

Just going to start playing Forza 7 in the next few days using game pass (finally got a drive hub for my T300 to use on xbox)

All the extra car content that is included with gamepass, do I have to download each item using the store? or is it done automatically? or can it be done in game?

You should be able to do it all in game using the Marketplace tab on the far right of the menus. You have to download each free car to your garage separately though ugh

Did Sebring 300 yesterday. Glad I got that over with, can’t stand Sebring lol. It’s amazing how people can do it on extra-long for 9/10 hours. I couldn’t bare 3 hours of Sebring Nevermind 9/10.

Le Mans 250 endurance is next now. Love Le Mans so that one will be good.

Last edited:
Did Sebring 300 yesterday. Glad I got that over with, can’t stand Sebring lol. It’s amazing how people can do it on extra-long for 9/10 hours. I couldn’t bare 3 hours of Sebring Nevermind 9/10.

Le Mans 250 endurance is next now. Love Le Mans so that one will be good.
Do you have extra long Spa already? It's three hours only but...

I don't remember Le Mans at all. What car is there?

I’ve done the Spa race but not on extra long.

Le Mans 250 is with the Porsche 919 Hybrid.
It was for the achievement so I had to do it :D

Ah, yes, I remember, I probably did it years ago. Sebring I did few month ago first time. I like Sebring, it's so different.

It was for the achievement so I had to do it :D

Ah, yes, I remember, I probably did it years ago. Sebring I did few month ago first time. I like Sebring, it's so different.
I played the hell out of Sebring on FM5 & FM6, so at this point I'm all burnt out with that track. 81 Laps on FM7 was awful for me, had to put on YouTube to keep my interest lol. Each to our own though, if you like it I'm glad you enjoy it.

Leveled up quite a few times after Sebring, got myself a couple of Ferraris & few other cars so, happy days! Did the Mercedes Benz Truck Racing Spec today and it was chaos lol - feel like they gave us the worst track with night / rainy conditions for truck racing on, on purpose. Or I just know nothing about truck racing.

I played the hell out of Sebring on FM5 & FM6, so at this point I'm all burnt out with that track. 81 Laps on FM7 was awful for me, had to put on YouTube to keep my interest lol. Each to our own though, if you like it I'm glad you enjoy it.

Leveled up quite a few times after Sebring, got myself a couple of Ferraris & few other cars so, happy days! Did the Mercedes Benz Truck Racing Spec today and it was chaos lol - feel like they gave us the worst track with night / rainy conditions for truck racing on, on purpose. Or I just know nothing about truck racing.
That could be it. I don't know Sebring well because you don't have much games with it and I don't play Forzas exclusively. So in M7 is was my first longer race. I remember some long race there before too but I am not sure why. I didn't do rainy Sebring in M6. But Sebring is in Forza since at least 2.

Trucks are cool :D I am not sure if they are real but good addition to the game.

Nogdschleife in Forza 7 is so silly. You feel no driving high and down, it’s not so that Nordschleife has hundreds of meters difference. Thought it’s laser scanned and so on. Why this? Gran Gurismo can it, why not Forza? That have to be in 8 much better!

Nogdschleife in Forza 7 is so silly. You feel no driving high and down, it’s not so that Nordschleife has hundreds of meters difference. Thought it’s laser scanned and so on. Why this? Gran Gurismo can it, why not Forza? That have to be in 8 much better!

Agreed.

PC2 does a nice job with tracks that have elevation changes.

I tried M7 after some time and I still don't get how the gamepad works. When I turn, the car lose grip and starts to slide. It's very strange but I had this problem all the time. What could it be? It's the same for Horizon but Horizon has stability control always on so it's not that bad. Is something strange with front grip? Maybe stock tuning is weird? In other games I turn and lose front grip first so I know I am too fast. Here I lose the whole car immediately. The only solution is to go slow enough. It's not a problem for playing but I just don't like this gameplay.

Agreed.

PC2 does a nice job with tracks that have elevation changes.

It's not that it doesn't have elevation change, it's that Forza uses this ridiculous wide, nearly fisheye FOV that flattens everything out and makes things look further away. You can see this same effect on amateur MX GoPro footage all over YouTube. Watch some replays from different angles, the hills are there, you just can't see them while driving. So then you get a game like PC2, which has much better FOV options that makes things look more as they do naturally, and it'll totally ruin FM for you, especially when you blow past your braking points.

Turn Ten plays up a lot of things for dramatic effect at the expense of realism.

Latest Posts

Back