Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by PJTierney, Jun 11, 2017.

1. FatnSlo

FatnSlo

For those of us who were hoping Forza 7 PC would have triple screen support it is now confirmed there is NO triple screen support. Widescreen 21:9 support only.

2. queleuleu

queleuleu

What have they done to Maple Valley?! A big part of its charm is gone IMO.

3. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

It looks like it was brought up to FIA standards and the surrounding area gained some people. It doesn't look bad.

VXR likes this.
  4. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

50+ gigs downloaded all for naught because the Windows Store threw me an error. Absolute bull:censored:.

RikkiGT-R likes this.
  5. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

I've had 6 errors so far. Three at 58Mb and then 27Gb, 42Gb and finally 60Gb. 129Gb+ downloaded and 0% of the game installed, and all this on my SSD as well :grumpy:

Side note - could I download this game onto an Xbox One instead? I bought it on PC but I'm just asking. I assume so but right now I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

6. prousonhairy

prousonhairy

Yes you sure can. I'd do that If I were you, until they straighten out the windows thing.

Wasn't there an article somewhere on here the other day, that said if you're having errors preloading, to wait until the game releases tonight to try and download? I thought I read that somewhere.

bremics and RikkiGT-R like this.
  7. ShawnPhillips

ShawnPhillips

Odd, I saw someone on Reddit get the demo to run in Triple screen.

8. FatnSlo

FatnSlo

That is not triple screen support that is wide screen support which looks horrible on triple screens as the side screens will be stretched. Triple screen support would mean settings that allows the side screen angles to be calculated so the side screens are not stretched like what iRacing, AC, Project Cars 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, American Truck Sim, GT5, GT6 and Forza 2-4 have.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  9. PJTierney

PJTierney

It makes the noises a child would so when you ask them to describe a Formula 1 car, just listen to real life footage (preferably the 2011 Le Mans run) and try not to imitate it as it goes up through the gears ;)

Digital versions work across all platforms, and Xbox seems to be more stable for downloads (67 GB).

Maybe you should play it on Xbox for now and hold off on PC until a week or so. It seems that the issues with downloads are due to very high demand overwhelming the Windows Store.

bremics and RikkiGT-R like this.
  10. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER

Ok so last time I checked mine was at 18gb at about 31%, going to spend all night and most of tomorrow worrying and preying it'll be ok! :nervous:

Enjoy the game guys :tup:

prousonhairy likes this.
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

Lets go! Loading up the menu's now. :D

ZDUPH and prousonhairy like this.
  12. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

I was planning on getting the regular physical version next tuesday, but my wife just announced me she's taking the kids to her dad's cottage for the weekend, so I now end up with absolutely nothing to do for the weekend... Digital ultimate edition, here I come.

BoneSawTX, HuskyGT, RikkiGT-R and 2 others like this.
  13. Rob192005

Rob192005 Premium

We are in! :)

14. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

I bought a new broadband contract on Wednesday which has just went live at midnight here (speeds up to 65Mbps, increased from <40Mbps).
    Started the download again a few minutes ago and downloading at 20Mbps now instead of 8.5Mbps as has been the case until now.
    1.7Gb downloaded so far in 5 minutes or so. Gonna go to bed and hope I wake up to good news...

15. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

I thought that said boyfriend contract at first, going to be honest

RikkiGT-R likes this.
  16. Rob192005

Rob192005 Premium

Wrong thread..now.:p

prousonhairy likes this.
  17. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

Right this minute I'd sign a boyfriend contract if he could deliver me from this frustrating nightmare.

Fat Tyre, Populuxe Cowboy and bremics like this.
  18. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows

Well, be glad that most of it is coming from your Xbox, since the Xbone is well known for having absolutely garbage download speeds.

19. bremics

bremics

My Xbone was chugging along at 150+ mb/s last night.

I'm pretty sure it's PStore that has the download speed cap. Forza 7 pre-download took a few hrs, GT5 took almost 16 hrs

prousonhairy likes this.
  20. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

The paint shop area is very "Ferrari press release":

Forza-Motorsport-7-Porsche-918-GTPlanet.jpg

Cloudy, VXR, 919HB and 6 others like this.
  21. bremics

bremics

Am I seeing things or do the decals seem to be higher res?

22. Ayepocalypse

Ayepocalypse

1 week until my birthday. So I decided why not get myself an early "Ultimate" present. Can't wait to play tomorrow morning.

Fat Tyre, prousonhairy and Nikkolaz like this.
  23. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

I'm trying to decide if I should play tonight or wait till morning. If I start at midnight may end up being a late night ;)

prousonhairy and bremics like this.
  24. bremics

bremics

I'm eagerly watching the clock. 2 hrs and 12 minutes

Sleep is for the weak.

25. Bastet

Bastet

I got lucky and was able to download the entire thing in one go from the Store itself without a download manager. Still got two more hours of waiting and it's killing me.

26. bremics

bremics

I keep hard rebooting the console and hoping it unlocks lol. Something happened but the game didn't unlock :'(

1 hour and 22 minutes remaining
    *pterodactyl screeching noises*

prousonhairy likes this.
  27. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

my Xbox app lets me click on "Play" but then tells me the game has not released yet. It takes me to the store app to verify release date. From the store app, I can hit "Play" and the game seems to launch for about 5 seconds, then it closes. No longer giving me the pop-up with the release date :D

bremics likes this.
  28. bremics

bremics

26 minutes left... trying to distract myself with random youtube videos... not working...

29. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

I am now starting to debate with myself if I want to do this. I have a very difficult day at work tomorrow, and I am starting to feel a bit tired.

30. regnar

regnar Premium

I think I will get all the three beginning races that we've seen in all the videos out of the way tonight and start the career tomorrow.

Definitely want to try COTA at night :)

BoneSawTX likes this.