Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
For those of us who were hoping Forza 7 PC would have triple screen support it is now confirmed there is NO triple screen support. Widescreen 21:9 support only.

50+ gigs downloaded all for naught because the Windows Store threw me an error. Absolute bull:censored:.

I've had 6 errors so far. Three at 58Mb and then 27Gb, 42Gb and finally 60Gb. 129Gb+ downloaded and 0% of the game installed, and all this on my SSD as well :grumpy:

Side note - could I download this game onto an Xbox One instead? I bought it on PC but I'm just asking. I assume so but right now I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

I've had 6 errors so far. Three at 58Mb and then 27Gb, 42Gb and finally 60Gb. 129Gb+ downloaded and 0% of the game installed, and all this on my SSD as well :grumpy:

Side note - could I download this game onto an Xbox One instead? I bought it on PC but I'm just asking. I assume so but right now I wouldn't be surprised by anything.
Yes you sure can. I'd do that If I were you, until they straighten out the windows thing.

Wasn't there an article somewhere on here the other day, that said if you're having errors preloading, to wait until the game releases tonight to try and download? I thought I read that somewhere.

Odd, I saw someone on Reddit get the demo to run in Triple screen.

That is not triple screen support that is wide screen support which looks horrible on triple screens as the side screens will be stretched. Triple screen support would mean settings that allows the side screen angles to be calculated so the side screens are not stretched like what iRacing, AC, Project Cars 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, American Truck Sim, GT5, GT6 and Forza 2-4 have.

Last edited:
The 787 sounds pissed off in 7, like its ready to come out of the car.
It makes the noises a child would so when you ask them to describe a Formula 1 car, just listen to real life footage (preferably the 2011 Le Mans run) and try not to imitate it as it goes up through the gears ;)

Digital versions work across all platforms, and Xbox seems to be more stable for downloads (67 GB).

Maybe you should play it on Xbox for now and hold off on PC until a week or so. It seems that the issues with downloads are due to very high demand overwhelming the Windows Store.

Ok so last time I checked mine was at 18gb at about 31%, going to spend all night and most of tomorrow worrying and preying it'll be ok! :nervous:

Enjoy the game guys 👍

I was planning on getting the regular physical version next tuesday, but my wife just announced me she's taking the kids to her dad's cottage for the weekend, so I now end up with absolutely nothing to do for the weekend... Digital ultimate edition, here I come.

I bought a new broadband contract on Wednesday which has just went live at midnight here (speeds up to 65Mbps, increased from <40Mbps).
Started the download again a few minutes ago and downloading at 20Mbps now instead of 8.5Mbps as has been the case until now.
1.7Gb downloaded so far in 5 minutes or so. Gonna go to bed and hope I wake up to good news...

I bought a new broadband contract on Wednesday which has just went live at midnight here (speeds up to 65Mbps, increased from <40Mbps).
Started the download again a few minutes ago and downloading at 20Mbps now instead of 8.5Mbps as has been the case until now.
1.7Gb downloaded so far in 5 minutes or so. Gonna go to bed and hope I wake up to good news...
I thought that said boyfriend contract at first, going to be honest

Right this minute I'd sign a boyfriend contract if he could deliver me from this frustrating nightmare.

Well, be glad that most of it is coming from your Xbox, since the Xbone is well known for having absolutely garbage download speeds.

Well, be glad that most of it is coming from your Xbox, since the Xbone is well known for having absolutely garbage download speeds.
My Xbone was chugging along at 150+ mb/s last night.

I'm pretty sure it's PStore that has the download speed cap. Forza 7 pre-download took a few hrs, GT5 took almost 16 hrs

The paint shop area is very "Ferrari press release":

Forza-Motorsport-7-Porsche-918-GTPlanet.jpg

I got lucky and was able to download the entire thing in one go from the Store itself without a download manager. Still got two more hours of waiting and it's killing me.

I keep hard rebooting the console and hoping it unlocks lol. Something happened but the game didn't unlock :'(

1 hour and 22 minutes remaining
*pterodactyl screeching noises*

my Xbox app lets me click on "Play" but then tells me the game has not released yet. It takes me to the store app to verify release date. From the store app, I can hit "Play" and the game seems to launch for about 5 seconds, then it closes. No longer giving me the pop-up with the release date :D

I am now starting to debate with myself if I want to do this. I have a very difficult day at work tomorrow, and I am starting to feel a bit tired.

I think I will get all the three beginning races that we've seen in all the videos out of the way tonight and start the career tomorrow.

Definitely want to try COTA at night :)

Back