Forza Motorsport 7 Install Size is 95GB — And Half That is a Download

I had 67Gb. Started downloading soon after midnight and had to pause it at 57Gb at 9am due to a planned Power Outage this morning for the Power Company to make some repairs in the sub-station. Power was due back at midday but came back soon after 11am. Not wanting to get caught out as they said the power could come and go initially I waited until midday to restart. No problems with the download fortunately.

My experience downloading (on my third attempt now, with constant pauses requiring me to manually resume the download) this game from Microsoft Store has really discouraged me from using it again. At this point I'm seriously considering contacting my credit card company for a refund.

I got my Forza Motorsport 7 game today, didn't take that long to install from the disc, took a lot longer to install from the internet as my son was watching something on Netflix and was slowing down the download speed, it's all finished now so will be having a play after tea.

This mention about the 67 GB file size is (well for me) confusing as well :(

I was able to obtain the ultimate Edition yesterday but as the Disc Version.

After the installing the Disc Version, it had exactly 46.1 GB

Now after updating, I have also 67 GB but I didn't bought the digital Version, since I have the Disc based Version.

67GB, 95 GB, what is now correct?

This mention about the 67 GB file size is (well for me) confusing as well :(

I was able to obtain the ultimate Edition yesterday but as the Disc Version.

After the installing the Disc Version, it had exactly 46.1 GB

Now after updating, I have also 67 GB but I didn't bought the digital Version, since I have the Disc based Version.

67GB, 95 GB, what is now correct?
Which is reality?
The 95gb quote is from this GTP article, albeit the amount of people who have been downloading it and haven't mentioned it not actually being 95gb, let alone that it's only people saying they can't download it, ignoring the fact it isn't 95.

Which is reality?
The 95gb quote is from this GTP article, albeit the amount of people who have been downloading it and haven't mentioned it not actually being 95gb, let alone that it's only people saying they can't download it, ignoring the fact it isn't 95.

The 95.6GB is for the PC version I know since I had to leave my PC on overnight to get the pre-load done in one go since the pause function doesn't work on the windows store

750kbps download rate here, looks like I'll be playing in around a week. Good thing there's not a lack of racing games out at the moment :lol:

I just have to pray the windows store problem with FH3 that happened for some people doesn't happen. I don't think I could take downloading this game twice in a month

I set up my second Xbox One (White "sunset overdrive" editon) at my old dear's house (she lives in town and has superfast)....installed the game (Physical copy of Ultimate edition from GAME) and download onto my my Microsoft 2TB Xbox external USB drive there, it took no time at all. I was playing it Saturday back at home on my Xbox One S.

Have left my old Xbox One set up round my old dear's place for future downloads and any big patches, the External drive is now worth it's weight in gold, why didn't I think of doing this sooner!

Happy days.

Back