Forza Motorsport 7 Install Size is 95GB — And Half That is a Download

Should take about 3 hours or less to download it.

Just have to download it twice, on my old Xbox One, and on the new Xbox One X when it arrives.

Last edited:
Might be a daft question:
Is there any reason why I can't take my X0 to a friends and download it on their wifi ? superfast would probably not take long!!!
Gamertag is tied to my console not the network I use, is that right?

Might be a daft question:
Is there any reason why I can't take my X0 to a friends and download it on their wifi ? superfast would probably not take long!!!
Gamertag is tied to my console not the network I use, is that right?
Or piggyback off the neighbour's wifi if they haven't set a password. :D

Just kidding, your idea sounds like a good one. Too bad those poor Aussies can't come over here and use our superfast broadband LOL.

Last edited:
Or piggyback off the neighbour's wifi if they haven't set a password. :D

Just kidding, your idea sounds like a good one. Too bad those poor Aussies can't come over here and use our superfast broadband LOL.

Nearest other house is slightly further than wifi range lol

My internet runs of my phone's data plan because I live in a rural area where there are no hardline connections. Good thing I have an unlimited data plan, but my download speeds are typically about 1mbps. would be a long download. But it doesn't really matter as I don't even have the extra cash to buy the game right now anyways.

Did I miss when this will be available for download?
Still have not announced that yet. But judging from the fact that the demo becomes available at 10AM Pacific, and FH3's DLCs all released at 10AM Pacific, and FH3's preload started at 10AM Pacific 1 week prior to standard edition launch, I would predict Preloads for FM7 to start at 10AM Pacific on the 25th. 10AM Pacific is what time the XBox/Windows Store updates it's content.

Now downloading the Demo (in NL). Cannot wait!

Does anyone has any idea when the full game (Ultimate edition) should start to pre-download. All I see now is a 108,1mb file and 3x a 10mb file.

*rocks back and forth in fear*

Math...hmm...Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD was 34 GB. Where I downloaded from took an hour and a half (with bathroom break factored in, not leaving my laptop unattended or in the company of strangers in public).

95 GB. 95/34=approx 2.79. 2.79*1.5=approx. 4.2 hours

No way in hell I'm downloading it from home, that's nearly a fifth of my current data plan (before overages) with my ISP, which has to be split between six people

Did anyone expect less from a 4k game with 700 cars?

The demo is 17 gigs.
Hallelujah I got some cable internet now! (Around 70 mb/s)

96GB would take me 1hr18mins over wifi @ 180mbps (according to my phone over 5ghz)

Probably alot quicker plugged in via Ethernet considering I can download a GB in about 20seconds on the PC.

Rough estimate / depends on uploading speed from source. You can only take as much as they give.

So probably about 30mins hardwired for 96GB give or take (roughly)

God damn it my download errored at 27Gb some time through the night and had to start again. Sigh...

EDIT: yeah this just keeps happening. Frustrating.
I've pre-ordered 3 games in the past few years; No Man's Sky (farce), Project CARS 2 (bug riddled farce), and now Forza 7 (which I would've been able to play tonight but it's not downloading).

Why bother.

EDIT 2: finally passed the 30Gb mark. Let this one work please :nervous:

Last edited:
It should be of relief that the actual download, if you buy a disc is 50gb, and not "required".

Also, the digital download is ringing in at (only) 67.03gb.

Also, the digital download is ringing in at (only) 67.03gb.
Yeah, mine hit 67GB and stopped, are we sure that's all it is? Where is this 95GB coming from?

I started my game before work to see if there was an update/ more downloads, but it seemed done and playable. No way to know for sure til after work I suppose.

Yeah, mine hit 67GB and stopped, are we sure that's all it is? Where is this 95GB coming from?

I started my game before work to see if there was an update/ more downloads, but it seemed done and playable. No way to know for sure til after work I suppose.
Same,it never asked me up update,I don't know how to download the rest either,seems alright though so far.

Same,it never asked me up update,I don't know how to download the rest either,seems alright though so far.
Seems as though the digital version is 67GB on Xbox, not 95GB, but I'm getting mixed information on that. Suppose I'll find out later. My worry is having to reinstall the whole thing.

85Gb... failed. 16 hours of downloading and then it failed, I honestly give up.

The DISC is 45gb, with a 50gb download.
The digital copy is 67gb.

It's really that simple guys. (Possibly different in regions but I haven't heard anything to support that)

The DISC is 45gb, with a 50gb download.
The digital copy is 67gb.

It's really that simple guys. (Possibly different in regions but I haven't heard anything to support that)
That is simple! If only it was ever mentioned. But the article on this very thread here doesn't specify that 95GB was disc only and it doesn't mention the smaller size of the digital copy at all. Reading though this thread it seemed everyone assumed the digital version would be 95GB as well. It's rightfully confusing.

That is simple! If only it was ever mentioned. But the article on this very thread here doesn't specify that 95GB was disc only and it doesn't mention the smaller size of the digital copy at all. Reading though this thread it seemed everyone assumed the digital version would be 95GB as well. It's rightfully confusing.
I know, all that confusion is why I posted.

The article does state that the disc is 45gb, with a 50gb download, but apparently info on the digital download wasn't available at time of writing.

For anyone having download issues, I recommend pausing part way through.
I fell asleep on my download, the xbox turned itself off at 60gb completed, but it saved it. If you do it right, the Xbox can handle downloading it over multiple sittings.
(Much better than failing at 40gb, yeah?)

I don’t know how long it’s gonna take to install and download the game and update. I picked up the game, got home then started the install and update and left for work. It’s gonns take too long to wait for so hopefully it should be done by the time I get home from work.

Latest Posts

Back