Forza Motorsport 7 Race Regulations System (Hopefully) Debuting in March Update

Agreed. I'll believe it when I see it though. I race about a dozen online races per week. I'd do it more if it was like this. Ramming, cutting corners, wide turns, going off track, excessive drifting to smoke you off their tails, etc, etc. People will exploit EVERY thing they can to get an advantage. It kills me to race cleanly only to see racers ahead of you driving off the road and still keep their lead. Racing physics? Yeah, okay. It's time they put Forza Motorsport back to RACING, and leave the rest of the garbage to Horizon. That's my opinion, if it's worth anything these days.

Corner cutting has never been a problem in FM7, has it? At least I haven't dared to collide with all those mid-corner tire barriers to test how solid they are. The barriers should be gone with the new system though.
Other people have replied, but...

I was watching the JSR Devon stream the penalty lobby on youtube.

Tire barriers are gone and you get like 22 seconds for cutting Monza chicane at full speed. Rammers won't care about time penalties though, and you'll also get penalized for getting knocked off.

Looks like JSR Devon's video has gone? I watched a bit of it and the new system does not look good considering it's two years now since they promised the game would launch with some sort of rules system to punish wrongdoers. The half-baked attempt I saw is nowhere near adequate. But that's the Turn 10 way isn't it? We'll see if my cynicism is warranted when it gets a general release but I think we know it will be.

Looks like JSR Devon's video has gone? I watched a bit of it and the new system does not look good considering it's two years now since they promised the game would launch with some sort of rules system to punish wrongdoers. The half-baked attempt I saw is nowhere near adequate. But that's the Turn 10 way isn't it? We'll see if my cynicism is warranted when it gets a general release but I think we know it will be.
Have they even rolled out the beta yet?

It's closed beta, only visible to marshalls
With the public one coming right after, no?

Looking it up, looks like the full release is next month. Still, we'll just have to wait and see what we get.

Have they even rolled out the beta yet?
Closed beta this month, general release next apparently. The video was of the closed beta, maybe he took it down because he didn't have permission or something, I'm not sure why else he would.

It was taking a lot of flak in the comments, maybe he thought Turn 10 would be unhappy. I assume as a 'big name' / celebrity YouTuber he needs to keep them happy to some extent.

Closed beta this month, general release next apparently. The video was of the closed beta, maybe he took it down because he didn't have permission or something, I'm not sure why else he would.

It was taking a lot of flak in the comments, maybe he thought Turn 10 would be unhappy. I assume as a 'big name' / celebrity YouTuber he needs to keep them happy to some extent.
Who knows. I'm not one to make so many outlandish assumptions. If it's bad, I'll actually wait for me to get it to find out.

Who knows. I'm not one to make so many outlandish assumptions. If it's bad, I'll actually wait for me to get it to find out.
Out of interest I decided to have a look and see how the system was working so far and I've gotta say, with regards to the corner cuts, it's looking pretty promising so far.

Back