Forza Motorsport 7 Race Regulations System (Hopefully) Debuting in March Update

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 8, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

BoneSawTX likes this.
  2. AfaridRacer

AfaridRacer

Well, at least this should get rid of rammers and corner-cutters soon, so THAT'S a plus.

3. Nielsen

Nielsen

Corner cutting has never been a problem in FM7, has it? At least I haven't dared to collide with all those mid-corner tire barriers to test how solid they are. The barriers should be gone with the new system though.

4. raven214

raven214

I sure hope the barriers go away with this new system. I can't stand them. Not only are they an eyesore, they cut my line of sight for finding the apex and corner exit for turns I'm unfamiliar with.

5. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Corner cutting is definitely a big thing. You've never raced Yas Marina online?

CSLACR likes this.
  6. Nielsen

Nielsen

I couldn't agree more. In some cases the barriers are even helpful in approaching corners lacking visual cues in real life. :yuck:

The system was recently previewed in Forza Monthly where the barriers were removed on Monza. This definitely suggests they will get removed with its implementation, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Online multiplayer is one aspect of Forza I haven't explored thoroughly, but I assumed those barriers were in place to catch at every turn. On the other hand, removing the barriers for the system will likely inspire many to take shortcuts that weren't possible before, but no problem as long as it gets penalized mercilessly.

7. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Oh, no, not at all. Those barriers like that only do so much, and are mostly on wide open area's. They've really never fully extended directly to the track limits anyways so room to cut was always there even with them in place.

Tight tracks like Yas Marina's back end have little room for them, even though they still do put them, but cutting an corner with all 4 tires is still possible, and makes a large difference especially at that end of the track.

Nielsen likes this.
  8. wolfsburgraz

wolfsburgraz

I will give this hopper a try. I don't race online much, but when I do I end up going for the ghost leagues. Sure it doesn't have the same pressure or strategy needed as actually racing other cars that can be collided with, but it can still be a challenge to place well or win if you are matched up against good opponents.

It's hard to know what direction T10 should take for dealing with corner cutting. Honestly I felt the "sticky grass" and other areas that were obvious corner cuts grinding you to a halt in the older titles were fine, but enough people complained about that so they removed it. Hopefully the penalty system will deal with that and the barriers can come down.

9. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

Are you serious? I've seen tons of races where corner cutting is absolutely horrendous. I mean, you basically HAVE to cut the corners to stay competitive, which makes the entire race a joke. I've left FM7 long ago due to the absurd lack of a penalty system, but I'll be happy to revisit the game once they put this in place.

10. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

Looks like I’ll be getting some practice in before it goes live

11. breyzipp

breyzipp

I hope this will eventually be rolled out to the singleplayer campaign and free play as well, or at least as an option to turn on/off.

The best way to start to teach new racers to properly behave is in the campaign.

klondike and wolfsburgraz like this.
  12. RTD Racing

RTD Racing Premium

looks like GT Sport have some serious competence now... :cheers: competence leads to thrive and positive development, this is good news for eSports

13. ShakesMcQueen

ShakesMcQueen

I'll be interested to see how they tried to solve the problem of assessing "fault" and "intent", with collisions. It's something that is easy to assess in most cases for a human observer, but can be a very difficult nut to crack with code (as GT Sport has illustrated).

If they did manage to solve that problem, the wait will have been worth it.

14. L_Kesan

L_Kesan

i remember ditching forza for that exact reason it seems like i have something to come back to! i hope this will pump up gran turismo as well as above mentioned competition leads to positive development changes across the board