Forza Motorsport 7: Will it have what you're looking for?

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 76 comments
Check the news thread, an article went up today with basic info on the Single Player.

Bleh, that sounds a lot like the gratuitous free handouts system used in fm6 and fh3. Again wasted potential... The wait for a proper career racing game goes on :(

I would like to have the ability to finally put vinyls on the windows of the car for the full racecar effect (you know, sunscreen banners, names, numbers, maybe sponsors too), but alas I don't think that'll happen.

List is updated.

With E3 winding down there won't be many updates for a while. I suspect the next big info dump will be in August at Gamescom.

1 more thing semi-confirmed overnight:

[:confused:] Add ability to create Practice/Qualifying sessions Multiplayer Lobbies (Gran Turismo 6).
(You can now hot-lap pre-race, but no mention of Qualifying just yet)

Borrowing idea for Project CARS 2 section...
Idea for Project CARS 2 section borrowed...

It's a great idea and am in the process of filling the thread with the relevant information.

I'm really hoping that we get all of the paint shop customization options from Forza 6. I love all the different options for paint finishes and textures that FM6 has, like the ability to chrome your car, and even change the color of said chrome.
I have a lime green chrome R35 in FM6 that I would like to recreate in 7. It has won me so many races. :D
We probably will get all the stuff from FM6, but still, I am heavily pessimistic, so I will always have my doubts...

We probably will get all the stuff from FM6, but still, I am heavily pessimistic, so I will always have my doubts...

They've already confirmed that you can transfer schemes from FH3 and FM6 so those options will still be available.

Showcase events, with prize cars only attainable by playing showcase.

It sounds like you can view your car and driver in the pits before races, including getting into the car.

Does anyone know if for singleplayer career mode you are forced to upgrade your cars to the highest of a PI class again like in FM6? Or can you just drive cars stock and the AI cars will adapt to you? (like in FH2 & FH3)

PJ if you ever get the answer to that one, would be an interesting point for the lists as well.

Does anyone know if for singleplayer career mode you are forced to upgrade your cars to the highest of a PI class again like in FM6? Or can you just drive cars stock and the AI cars will adapt to you? (like in FH2 & FH3)

PJ if you ever get the answer to that one, would be an interesting point for the lists as well.
Nothing confirmed yet as we have only seen exhibition races, and nothing has been mentioned in interviews.

I know it is unlikely but a reworking if the PI would be great. The Issetta and 69 Abarth 595 are quite different performance wise, and their PI should reflect that. I would suggest starting the Issetta off at 101 and working up from there.

I know it is unlikely but a reworking if the PI would be great. The Issetta and 69 Abarth 595 are quite different performance wise, and their PI should reflect that. I would suggest starting the Issetta off at 101 and working up from there.
The changes from FM>Fh>back to FM seems to have changes to the PI system within. Tunes usually transfer over at an odd PI when you transition. At least, that's what I remember being the case.

From what I have seen of Forza Motorsport 7's PI numbers, the system is largely identical to Forza Motorsport 6. That's with "stock" cars however, upgrades may be calculated a little differently this time due to the different circuit selection.

From what I understand, the PI system is typically scaled based on a T10 test track, with the slowest car in the base game getting 100. Maybe it's not a single test track, but an average of all circuits? I'm not sure, honestly.

That can create issues if the DLC introduces an even slower car.

Personally, it's never bothered me too much. It's an inherent weakness of the PI system that some tracks will favor certain cars (or build styles) over others. While that can be frustrating for those looking to set the absolute top times ("leaderboard cars"), my quest for all manufacturer Affinity in FM6 has shown me the vast majority of cars can built into reasonably good all-rounders. And mid-field racing can be a lot of fun, so long as you don't end up in a griefer lobby (hard, I know).

I recognize I'm probably in the minority in terms of that, but I've made peace with it. :lol:

That can create issues if the DLC introduces an even slower car.
Luckily most of the slow cars, like the BMW Isetta will make a return, creating little possibility for issues as finding a slower car takes quite some commitment. They would have to add car like the Ford Model T or Peel P50 to do that.

Luckily most of the slow cars, like the BMW Isetta will make a return, creating little possibility for issues as finding a slower car takes quite some commitment. They would have to add car like the Ford Model T or Peel P50 to do that.

But it's Turn 10, always expect the unexpected, just look at FH3 Hot Wheels expansion.

So get ready for FM7 Bicycle expansion. ;)

But it's Turn 10, always expect the unexpected, just look at FH3 Hot Wheels expansion.

So get ready for FM7 Bicycle expansion. ;)
And that's one of the things I love about Forza Motorsport 7. The oddities like the Isetta and old cars like the 1932 Ford are fantastic and great to explore. Hot Wheels, not so much because it's simply too far from reality.

I mean, the rumored Citroen 2cv would be slower than an Issetta if I remember correctly.

Depends on the model. The Isetta has a top speed of 75km/h. The Horizon 3 leak suggests that the 2CV is a 1970 model. The 1970 model was already capable of reaching 95km/h. A 1949 model would indeed be slower than the Isetta (65km/h), but the 1970 model probably not. Maybe terrible handling and braking can make it slower round a lap than the Isetta.

And that's one of the things I love about Forza Motorsport 7. The oddities like the Isetta and old cars like the 1932 Ford are fantastic and great to explore. Hot Wheels, not so much because it's simply too far from reality.

Depends on the model. The Isetta has a top speed of 75km/h. The Horizon 3 leak suggests that the 2CV is a 1970 model. The 1970 model was already capable of reaching 95km/h. A 1949 model would indeed be slower than the Isetta (65km/h), but the 1970 model probably not. Maybe terrible handling and braking can make it slower round a lap than the Isetta.
I just remember the 2cv from Gran Turismo felt like the slowest thing on earth. Maybe the sense of speed is different.

I sure hope that 2CV makes it into FH3, it's such an iconic car here in Belgium and it would be great to have Citroën back in the game as a brand. Maybe the DS3 could return from FM5 and the way could be paved for some new classics like the Citroën SM from the 70s. And the C2 and C4 are nice cars as well for the hot hatch segment.

1972 Citroën SM
117997.jpg

Back