- Warwick, UK
This is part of a series of threads to help display and organise the information and discussions about Forza Motorsport 7 ahead of its release. The full list of threads can be found here:
We're all Forza fans, otherwise we wouldn't be here
As fans of this franchise we all want the games to be tailored to our needs, or have opinions on "what the development team should do". These normally take the form of wishlists, and below you will find a large one I compiled and will be keeping track of during the pre-release period. I may also add to it if certain features appear to be highly requested by others.
The end goal is that if somebody wants to know "Will Forza Motorsport 7 be the game I want it to be?", that they can check this list and make the right call and choose whether or not the game is for them.
I'll be checking off the boxes as things get confirmed, hopefully it proves useful
- : Confirmed to be included.
- : "Sort of" implemented (may be similar idea, different execution etc.).
- : Not going to be included.
Single Player Campaign
- [_] Co-Op Campaign (Forza Horizon 3)
- Ability to "Blueprint" Single-Player events and take part in custom Single Player events created by others. (Forza Horizon 3)
(Custom Career races are confirmed, but use of other players' events is not.)
- [_] License Tests (Gran Turismo 4)
-  Career progression unlocked via a "Star System". (Gran Turismo 6)
-  Limit initial stages of Career to slower cars before unlocking access to faster cars later on. (Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels Expansion)
-  Multi-race Championships with point standings. (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Driving Missions (Gran Turismo 4)
-  Drift Challenges (Driveclub)
- [_] Hotlap Challenges (Driveclub)
-  Drag Racing Challenges
- [_] Add ability to let your Drivatar drive a Single Player race instead of you. (Forza Motorsport 4)
-  Events tied to specific manufacturers, drivetrains and regions. (Gran Turismo 4)
(Based on Single Player information revealed so far, the majority of events will focus on Divisions, like in Forza Horizon 3)
Single Player Free Play
- [_] Ability to select cars used by individual Drivatars.
- [_] Ability to allow Drivatars to use cars from your Garage.
- [_] Have all Drivatars in a race be pulled from your Friends/Club list if possible.
- [_] Add ability to view the driving habits of your own Drivatar, with suggestions on how to improve various aspects of their driving ability.
Additional Single Player Features
- [_] Racing Challenges, teaching the fundamentals of how to overtake, defend and race cleanly. (Gran Turismo Sport)
- [_] Driving Tutorial videos (DiRT Rally)
- [_] Painting Tutorial videos
- [_] Tuning Tutorial videos
Tracks / Environment
- [_] Point-to-Point stages (Forza Motorsport 4)
-  Off-Road courses/stages (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Courses specifically designed for Drifting.
- [ ] Dynamic Time of Day (F1 2016)
-  Dynamic Weather (F1 2016)
- [_] DLC tracks available to all players for free in Multiplayer Hoppers. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Ability to categorise owned cars into custom groups, and to re-arrange said groups. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Ability to drive convertible cars "with the roof down".
- [_] Ability to view detailed car specs without having to "get into the car". (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Key components (engine, chassis, oil etc.) deteriorate over time and can be maintained/restored. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Ability to buy "used cars" at a lower price than new versions. (Gran Turismo 4)
- [_] Ability to sell cars "back to the game", and have them appear in the "used cars" buylists of other players.
- [_] Individual affinity levels for cars with small bonuses (such as discounts on upgrade parts or small CR rewards) for higher levels. (Driveclub)
- [_] Ability to add/remove license plates. (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Ability to manually deploy KERS or any other electric boost system on cars that allow it. (Driveclub)
- [_] Ability to manually deploy DRS or any other aerodymanic control system on cars that allow it. (Driveclub)
- [_] Ability to set differing strengths of Traction Control on a scale of 1-5. (Gran Turismo Sport)
- [_] Ability to set differing strengths of ABS on a scale of 1-5. (Gran Turismo Sport)
-  Ability to manually adjust Brake Balance while driving. (Gran Turismo Sport)
-  Ability to set Assists to "realistic", whereby Traction Control etc. is only available on a car that would have it "in real life". (Project CARS)
- [_] Award exclusive cars for reaching maximum manufacturer affinity levels.
- [_] Ability to use car horn in races. (Forza Horizon 3)
-  Ability to flash lights in races or toggle high/low/no beam. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Have separate PI rating systems and Classes for race cars and non-race cars.
- [_] Ability to set starting fuel level. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Increase height limit on Photo Mode camera to 4.0m/12ft.
- [_] Ability to save photos to USB.
- [_] Ability to save photos at 4K resolution.
- [_] Ability to save preset filter settings.
- [_] Ability to upload preset filter settings to the Storefront.
- [_] Ability to view/download the photo settings used when viewing a photo in the Storefront.
- [_] Ability to use preset "high camera locations" around a circuit in addition to the standard camera controls. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Ability to take photos of cars in pre-set, non-driveable locations. (Gran Turismo Sport)
- [_] Ability to remove visible car damage when taking a photo. (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Ability to remove the driver from a car when taking a photo.
- [_] Ability to play a slideshow of saved photos. (Gran Turismo 4)
-  Ability to import Designs and Vinyl Groups from Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3.
- [_] Ability to set usage rights when sharing a design or vinyl group.
Examples include "allow others to edit and re-publish shared content", "allow others to share content on Auction House", "do not allow content to be edited or re-published".
- [_] Ability to categorise saved Vinyl Groups into folders.
- [_] Ability to view saved Vinyl Groups in a grid layout. (Gran Turismo Sport)
- [_] Ability to paint cars in a plain studio with neutral lighting (Gran Turismo Sport)
-  Ability to create and paint windshield banners.
-  Ability to paint on side/rear windows.
- [_] Ability to mirror specific layers or groups, both horizontally and vertically.
- [_] Ability to paint on top of carbon fibre surfaces (previously unpaintable areas such as wings etc.).
- [_] Ability to save colours to a swatches pallette.
- [_] Additional typefaces/fonts, such as DIN Pro, Futura Bold and Gotham.
- [_] Ability to paint sidewalls of tyres.
- [_] Ability to set individual layer groups to gloss/matte/metallic finishes. (Driveclub)
-  Add Auction House (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Allow for cars to be set to "Buyout Only".
- [_] Ability to list auctions with a minimum bid of 100 CR.
- [_] Ability to list auctions without a buyout price.
- [_] Ability to list auctions with a minimum buyout of 100 CR.
- [_] Ability to place a custom bidding price on an Auction.
- [_] Ability to "back out" of an Auction and redeem credits before the Auction is over.
- [_] Ability to automatically re-list an Auction if it does not sell.
- [_] Ability to automatically sell a car "back to the game" for a small CR amount if it does not sell at Auction.
- [_] Limit a seller to a specific number active Auctions at a time, and show this number in the Auction House menu.
Storefront & User-Created Content
- [_] Add Storefront (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Add Storefront user search menu.
- [_] Show number of downloads alongside each item in search results and Recommended Designs/Tunes. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Show descriptions alongside each item. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Add ability to filter for content created by "Legendary Painter", "Elite Tuner" etc.
- [_] Add UI icon to show if a an item is an official contest winner.
- [_] Add ability to sort search results and Recommended Tunes/Designs by Popularity, Downloads etc.
- [_] Set default Recommended Designs sorting to the following, in order: Featured, Friends, Followed Players, Most Popular over Past 30 Days
- [_] Add "Featured Content" area to show content from all users (across all cars) that has been selected as a Featured Item. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Add UI icon to show if a selected item can be edited or re-published.
- [_] Add UI icon to show if a selected Tune has been used to set a high leaderboard position, such as Top 100, Top 1% etc.
- [_] Ability to change a shared item's description without having to unshare the file.
- [_] Ability to set tunes to be shared "unlocked" so that users can modify them after they have been downloaded.
- [_] Ability to add Blueprint events to Storefronts.
- [_] Ability to view Storefronts on Forzamotorsport.net
- [_] Ability to search for Liveries/Tunes across all cars, and not just the car you are currently driving. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Limit maximum number of designs to 50 per user, or an unlimited amount per VIP user (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Provide Leaderboard API so that community users can create websites/apps to look up leaderboards outside of the game. (Forza Motorsport 5)
- [_] Compile all Leaderboard times for a class into an "Overall Position", showing a user's combined laptimes for all tracks. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Allow for leaderboards to be viewed on Forzamotorsport.net and/or Forza Hub. (Forza Motorsport 5)
- [_] Ability to download tunes directly from leaderboards. (Forza Motorsport 6)
- [_] Add UI icon to show if a user set a laptime using a Controller, Steering Wheel or Keyboard.
- [_] Add offline-based "local leaderboards" where a user can compare their personal best times at a circuit in multiple cars. (Forza Motorsport 2)
- [_] Add ability to set a Leaderboard time as a Rival, and use the exact same car/setup to challenge them.
- [_] Club leaderboards, where the fastest laptime from a club member is treated as that club's laptime, allowing for clubs to compete against one another. (Driveclub)
- [_] Ability for players to create and distribute custom Rivals Mode events. (Driveclub)
- [_] Ability to view and compete in any publicly listed Custom Rivals Mode event. (Driveclub)
- [_] Ability to race against multiple Ghosts at the same time, such as Session Best, Personal Best and Specific Rival.
- [_] Give each driver a "Skill Rating" calculated based on their overall pace level, use this rating to influence matchmaking, and show this rating in Lobbies. (Gran Turismo Sport)
- [_] Give each driver a "Sportsmanship Rating" calculated based on their ability to drive/race cleanly, use this rating to influence matchmaking, and show this rating in Lobbies. (Gran Turismo Sport)
-  Add corner-cutting penalty system to punish users that repeatedly cut corners. (F1 2016)
- [_] Add "illegal overtake" system to inform users that they must give back positions gained by contact or corner-cutting. (F1 2016)
- [_] Automatically and immediately ghost any driver that makes contact with another car or object at a force above 2G.
- [_] Automatically and immediately ghost any driver that enters within a 1m/3ft radius of another car while driving at a speed that is 50mph greater than said driver. (Gran Turismo Sport)
- [_] Automatically and immediately ghost any driver that is facing the wrong way.
- [_] Automatically and immediately ghost any driver that driving at a speed of under 20kph.
- [_] In Public Hopper races, ghost all drivers that fall more than 2km behind the race leader.
- [_] Add UI icon in lobbies to show if a user has received a "Vote to Kick". (DiRT Rally)
- [_] Kick a user if they have received at least 5 "Kick Votes" in a room with 16 or fewer players, or 8 votes if in a room with 17-24 players.
-  Add a "Lobby Browser" to show and filter all joinable user-created lobbies in a list. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Add "Expert Hopper Lobbies" which require a minimum Trueskill Rating and minimum Driver Level to compete in. Damage would be enabled along with any penalty systems in place, and most assists would be disabled.
- [_] Add "Competitive Hopper Lobbies" where users can increase or decrease their ranking by finishing races. (Rocket League)
- [_] Increase minimum race length in Hoppers to roughly 10 minutes of driving time, or 5 laps on an average length circuit.
-  Allow users to search for Hoppers which have an average Driver Level of 100 or higher.
- [_] Add post-race commemorations to show notable feats achieved by players. Examples could include "Fastest Lap", "Most Overtakes", "Cleanest Racer", "Most Clean Laps" etc. (Overwatch)
- [_] Add text chat to Private Lobbies (Gran Turismo 6)
-  Add ability to create Practice/Qualifying sessions Multiplayer Lobbies (Gran Turismo 6).
(You can now hot-lap pre-race, but no mention of Qualifying just yet)
- [_] Add ability to join a Practice/Qualifying session in progress and start in the Pit Lane (Gran Turismo 6)
-  Add ability to tune a car while in a lobby. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Add ability to limit all players to the same car/tune that the host of a private Lobby is using.
- [_] Award additional XP for Clean Racing. (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Sort starting grids in Hoppers based on "Skill Rating", with higher-rated drivers at the front.
- [_] Allow users to save and load Lobby Settings as preset files. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Allow users to disable any "sticky grass" and remove any on-track barriers in Private Lobbies.
- [_] Allow users to download the Livery or Tune of another racer directly from the Lobby screen. (Forza Motorsport 6)
- [_] Add UI icon to show if a player is using a steering wheel, controller or keyboard.
- [_] Add UI icon to show if a player is playing on Xbox One or PC.
- [_] Add ability to save preset Lobby Settings.
- [_] Add ability to upload preset Lobby Settings to Storefront.
- [_] Allow users to create private Multiplayer Championships that run over multiple weeks. (Project CARS 2)
Clubs & Other Community Features
- [_] Add Clubs (Forza Horizon 3)
- [_] Allow users to share cars to a Club Garage which can be used by all club members. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Allow users to modify any designs or tunes on a car which has been shared to a Club Garage.
- [_] Allow users to create Private Lobbies limited to Club Members, which show up on the Club's Lobby page (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Allow users to create and maintain Driver Profiles where they can show off their racing accomplishments, photos and favourite cars. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Implement a Timeline feature where users can keep updated on the activity of their Friends. (Gran Turismo 6)
-  Allow users to privately give or sell cars to each other. (Forza Motorsport 4)
- [_] Allow users to privately give editable liveries, tunes and layer groups to each other. (Forza Motorsport 4)
Spectating & Replays
- [_] Show Race UI such as position, laptimes etc. when viewing a Replay or spectating a race. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Ability to view Live Timing on a Replay or when spectating a race. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Ability to view Replays using cameras placed in the same locations as real-life motorsport events.
- [_] Ability to analyse Telemetry Data outside of a race. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Ability to export Telemetry Data to USB in a format readable by MoTeC. (Gran Turismo 6)
- [_] Show time gaps to drivers ahead/behind when crossing a sector. (Driveclub)
-  Add a flag system resembling modern motorsport (F1 2016).
-  Add a "Live Track" system that allows a track's surface to evolve over time. (Project CARS 2) [Puddlesand surface can change due to weather, but no confirmation of tyre marbles, track rubbering etc.]
- [_] Add an Overhead Radar and left/right car proximity warnings to the race HUD (Gran Turismo Sport).
-  Weekly #Forzathon challenges. (Forza Horizon 3)
-  Customisable Racing Gear
-  Provide a "Complete Edition" of the game at launch that covers the cost of all future DLC for the game's lifetime.
-  Extend "early release access" to 14 days ahead of retail release for Complete Edition users.
- [_] Allow Forza Racing Championship finalists to beta test the game and provide feedback on any corner-cutting exploits they may find.
-  Allow all VIP users to play the game 7 days before release.