Forza Motorsport 7: Will it have what you're looking for?

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 76 comments
IMO Forza needs more twisted circuits like Streets of Willow or Tsukuba. I like to drive slow car but Prague or Rio are not the best tracks for them. There are only two tracks for slow cars : VIR and Lime Rock Park. The new Dubai track looks cool but it's another one for supercars.

IMO Forza needs more twisted circuits like Streets of Willow or Tsukuba. I like to drive slow car but Prague or Rio are not the best tracks for them. There are only two tracks for slow cars : VIR and Lime Rock Park. The new Dubai track looks cool but it's another one for supercars.

Unfortunately, at least judging by online hoppers, the slow cars aren't as popular with the Forza community. I love D class in FM6, but I found full rooms far less than I did when I raced in S.

I agree a few more slow car friendly tracks would be great. After GT pushing multiple stock Miata/Tsukuba combos on me over the years though, I can't say I miss that track. Willow Springs has never done much for me either, though I admit the Streets layout is best.

Some of those awesome little Scandinavian tracks that have been showing up in RaceRoom would really help. I love me some Lime Rock, but it needs company!

Fully agree with your statement, even Bernese Alps is basically a high speed highway running through a ski resort, which if you look at it doesn't make much sense. :)

As for tracks for slower cars, in general (in the real world) the club and national configurations of the big circuits supposed to be mostly suited to them. In PCARS 1 I absolutely love the Müllenbachschleife of the Nurburgring as a fun little circuit for slower cars, it has a bit of everything (technically). The club circuit of the Red Bull Ring (Grid Autosport, PCARS 2) also looks like really fun, can't wait to try that.

FM6 sure has some as well but they might not be your everyday popular hopper selection of tracks. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is fine for slow/medium cars IMO, the only problem is that every darn racing game I own seems to have it in so I'm bored to the back of my teeth with that track. :) I had some fun with that smallest circuit in Rio near the coast in some low class cars. Or tracks like Yas Marina with the corkscrew or COTA National kinda work as well. Still, it's not the same as a track designed for slower cars as it's basically a shortcut of a GP circuit with a technical zigzag part.

You're spot on with VIR though, absolutely love that infield circuit for slow cars!

I agree but what about Brands Hatch? In my opinion perfect for slower cars.

I agree but what about Brands Hatch? In my opinion perfect for slower cars.
Like Laguna Seca, I can't stand Brands hatch. Both are good tracks but there are in every game. I like Mapple Valley, cool layout, though it's a faster track than Autumn Ring.

What does this mean? FM series never had qualifying and tyre/fuel wear??

As an interested observer (because FM7 will be available on PC), this may have me turn into the Will Not Purchase lane.

It has never had qualifying but fuel and tire wear exist on Simulation settings. If you use cosmetic only damage you won't see those features.

Like Laguna Seca, I can't stand Brands hatch. Both are good tracks but there are in every game. I like Mapple Valley, cool layout, though it's a faster track than Autumn Ring.
Although you're right about both tracks being in almost every game, I do still like Brand Hatch, particularly the short circuit. Perhaps because it's not too long it gets away with it more.

I am a bit bored with Laguna Seca though.

Last edited:
As for cars go, I am pleased. The loss of Toyota is a bummer, but the 8 series and E60 have more than compensated for it.

Customization, I don't expect more or less than what is known.

The event system always worries me, but I trust T10 will keep things simple and interesting. If they follow the Horizon 3 formula, it will exceed my expectations.

Right? Qualifying seems like something they should have had since Forza 1. This is a motorsports game without qualifying, which never made a whole lot of sense to me.
I have to think it's because most of their fans don't care, it's called motorsport but it's hardly a fully fledged simulator, and it caters more to the top gear casual petrol head, rather than a die hard motorsports fan. I still think it should be an option for those who want it though, how hard can it be to implement?

I have to think it's because most of their fans don't care, it's called motorsport but it's hardly a fully fledged simulator, and it caters more to the top gear casual petrol head, rather than a die hard motorsports fan. I still think it should be an option for those who want it though, how hard can it be to implement?
I forgot which GTP member has the signature, but "Forza, the new Gran Turismo" sounds about right.

@PJTierney, I've thought of something for the OP.

- Ability to see player drivatar customization in single player races (Like FH3, only with racing suits instead of license plates)

Edit:

-Uncapped Affinity levels

Back