Forza Motorsport be available for Xbox One?

• Thread starter Jeff Ross
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
okefenokieblues
With rumors abound of the new Halo game for xbox one console being abandoned for resolution and other issues due to the age of the xbox one.
I wonder if Forza will be for the new console only.

The announcement trailer for Forza Motorsport did not have Xbox One listed on the bottom of the screen like every other game did. So it is pretty much expected that FM will be Series X and PC only (maybe also the rumored Series S)

I had faint hopes that the next Forza Motorsport 1) would show up this year, and 2) would take the One X as the base console and later would be upgraded to Series X/S. Since that is not the case and is in "early development" (what did they did for 3 years?) my Forza dollars will go to PC3-Dirt 5 for the time being.

It looks very unlikely that this new Forza would be on Xbox One. I had my hopes up that this would be an Xbox One title, but anyways, since it's not coming this year, I'm gonna hold back on buying an Xbox Series X for another year until it comes out. And so the waiting game begins...

They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they released it on the old console as well.
It would be like what happened to Destiny. Since it was on PS3/X360 & PS4/XB1 it caused problems down the road. Add-Ons were limited by what the older consoles were able to handle. So, they were handcuffed for awhile, until they finally said they wouldn't support the old consoles anymore. Same would happen to Forza. XS1/PC would be held back by the XB1's limitations, especially in a few years from now.

It would be like what happened to Destiny. Since it was on PS3/X360 & PS4/XB1 it caused problems down the road. Add-Ons were limited by what the older consoles were able to handle. So, they were handcuffed for awhile, until they finally said they wouldn't support the old consoles anymore. Same would happen to Forza. XS1/PC would be held back by the XB1's limitations, especially in a few years from now.
They would be limited from the get go because Xone can't do dynamic time of day and weather at 1080p 60 fps. That's just one thing of many other limitations.

Same with BF4. They released it on old and new platforms as well and it was the most broken game I have ever played, and this is coming from someone who bought Fallout 76!

It looks very unlikely that this new Forza would be on Xbox One. I had my hopes up that this would be an Xbox One title, but anyways, since it's not coming this year, I'm gonna hold back on buying an Xbox Series X for another year until it comes out. And so the waiting game begins...
Forza isn't exclusive anymore though? It's on PC now. I really want to buy it and Horizon... but games nowadays are so expensive.

Not having an expensive latest generation console is also the same.
Not if someone has absolutely no plan to buy a matching spec gaming PC that wont even be able to do the same as the console releasing, sure. Some people aren't thinking about Gaming PC, and going off his post, it's very likely he isn't either considering he's waiting for the Console.

I'm definitiely betting on it being a Series X exclusive, I think we'll be lucky if the game releases next year. 2022 seems more likely.

Back