Forza Motorsport Could Launch on Xbox One Consoles Too

• Thread starter Famine
  • 59 comments
At least this article doesn't claim it's confirmed, as many do, but it's still annoying. People won't stop talking about an Xbox One release and how disastrous it will be for the game now.

Turn 10 needs to wake up and set this straight. It's getting out of hand.
Very much this.

The active FM7 community has known about the XB1 playtest basically since it happened, but obviously stuff wasn't posted everywhere because of the NDAs. Now some dummy posts it on Reddit and this 10 month old "news" is causing a panic... While it is annoying it's also kinda funny I suppose.

It's an interesting topic considering what PD did with GT7. Not everybody can afford a new Series console or a PC capable of running the game. I still don't think it will happen though. Eventually somebody has to cut the cord with the older systems.

Yes, because we all know GT invented the idea of placing a car in a garage workshop to work on it.
I am disgusted by the whole world copying Polyphony Digital. Look at this!!!!

Abt_Guthsmuths_Jens.jpg

bmw-service-header.jpg

These companies are shameless

Last edited:
On no, not GTPlanet perpetuating this rumor too.
I started the piece with the word "purporting", and didn't get any closer than that to opining that it's a real thing at any point.

The piece is explaining what the rumour is (as other and more mainstream sites were running with it), I think pretty clearly covers my general impression of it (particularly the start to the second section...), and delves into why it might be a decision MS has taken and what the consequences of it would be if so. It doesn't perpetuate the rumour - everything from the headline to our social media posts is about as equivocal as it gets.

I pretty much wrote it just to remind people FM exists (after five months without any real news) and of some of the older news pieces, to remind people that Sony explicitly marketed GT7 as PS5 exclusive when it turned out not to be, and to refresh everyone's memories about our pieces on semiconductor shortages and how PS4 could compromise GT7.

As I recall, there's a thing next month where we might expect to hear more about FM.

Incidentally, the name bugs me, but probably not as much as it bugs marketing and the SEO guys. And they're having an easier time of it than they will when MS completes buying Activision Blizzard and they suddenly have to cover six different games with only two names across 15 years.

Last edited:
Yes, because we all know GT invented the idea of placing a car in a garage workshop to work on it.
They Didn't , But they have 3 cars , the same generic floormats and the same exact layout of tools and equipment . And the exact same camera angle just facing in the opposite direction. Also just because similar garages exist in real life does not mean forza did not take inspiration from GT 7, I have seen dozens of in game garages and none of them look similar. From Midnight club , NFS Heat , The Crew , Race Driver Grid to Forza 6-7 . They are garages but don't look very similar. Also the pictures the other member put don't look like GT auto at all.

They Didn't , But they have 3 cars , the same generic floormats and the same exact layout of tools and equipment . And the exact same camera angle just facing in the opposite direction. Also just because similar garages exist in real life does not mean forza did not take inspiration from GT 7, I have seen dozens of in game garages and none of them look similar. From Midnight club , NFS Heat , The Crew , Race Driver Grid to Forza 6-7 . They are garages but don't look very similar. Also the pictures the other member put don't look like GT auto at all.
Who cares? What actually makes you think a 2021 screenshot of FM (in testing phase mind you) is copying GT? It's three cars in YOUR garage that are YOURS, not like GT Auto (which isn't yours) with two other random cars that AREN'T yours. So what's your point? Is GT7 not also copying FM7's car collecting mechanic? Yes, yes it is. But again, who cares?

Oh, you're actually serious. Good lord.

Turn 10 didn't need to reboot Forza Motorsport. The new creative director wanted to go for a different creative direction.
And why do you think they went in a “new creative direction”?

Last edited:
And why do you think they went in a “new creative direction?”
Have you ever heard of humans leaving town and getting a new job or employees switching position? The Forza Motorsport 7 creative director got a new job and is the design architect for Fable.

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of humans leaving town and getting a new job?
Have you ever heard of certain game series getting worse over the years and eventually needing to start from a clean slate?

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of certain game series getting worse over the years and eventually needing to start from a clean slate?
I did. That is one of many options. I told you what happened to FM7 creative director and you jumped to conclusions. Right here:
They ****ed up the FM series so badly that they have to reboot

What a ****ed up game, right?

Last edited:
Metacritic of 87. What a ****ed up game, right?
In fairness, they did have a rough release & eventually got it back under control with some changes made to benefit the players more, iirc.

I don't think they screwed the series up that badly; the game still played the same as others & improved upon FM6 in the end. But, T10 may have decided after 7 titles, to start from scratch & think about implementing something new. Is that not what PD did when they went from GT6 to Sport and tried to develop the game more around the online racing community w/ the general concept of GT still there?

From IdleSloth84 on twitter:
Also some more rumours from Dealer Gaming on youtube

Apparently the "HQ" will be similar to the one already shown in the reveal trailer.

Attachments

• IMG-20220505-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220505-WA0000.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-20220505-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220505-WA0001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
If you think PD are incompetent then so are Turn 10. They ****ed up the FM series so badly that they have to reboot it.
At least T10 are willing to admit when they ****ed up, and are willing to go back to square one and try to fix it. What has Polyphony done other then tell people to go pound sand and circle the wagons thinking that everything is hunky dory?

Is that not what PD did when they went from GT6 to Sport and tried to develop the game more around the online racing community w/ the general concept of GT still there?

I think one can make a convincing argument that GT Sport was an utterly reactionary title, one that had limited actual appeal outside of an already hardcore audience, and was more or less made in order to fulfill a bullet point Kaz had in a keynote speech once.

Last edited:
Of course you have to be stupid to think old gen versions of games hold racing games back .
Fascinating. Since apparently this whole forum was just bashing their heads against their keyboards for heat until you showed up a couple months ago with your level of intelligence, explain to me why the current console generation was even released if developers can run the latest and greatest ideas in game design off of hardware that was bad when it was new in 2013.

Because all of the nonsense you're bringing up here was already beaten to death when PD announced they were releasing GT7 on both consoles and people were insisting PD could miracle extra performance out of the PS4 to make the console perform similarly; and the PS4 was already a quite a bit more powerful system than the Xbone was already.

Last edited:
If you think PD are incompetent then so are Turn 10. They ****ed up the FM series so badly that they have to reboot it.
Is a reboot really necessary? If they want a reboot then it's their decision but if they want to continue then it's what they want too.
In fairness, they did have a rough release & eventually got it back under control with some changes made to benefit the players more, iirc.
Not a rough release on the level that would give the game deserving review bomb. Still rough release should be what's used to evaluate the game, no matter what improvement happened ahead because it'd be repeated in a game's release, but still not earning itself review bomb is a feat far above Poly-Phony.

but still not earning itself review bomb is a feat far above Poly-Phony.
Maybe you forgot but FM7 got a lot of backlash for introducing loot boxes. Specially from the press. Even some users were giving it a 0 because the game was apparently designed around MTX and loot boxes. And of course no one mentioned that FM7 got rid of Tokens and that loot boxes were available only with in game credits. It was all about gambling mechanics.

Maybe you forgot but FM7 got a lot of backlash for introducing loot boxes. Specially from the press. Even some users were giving it a 0 because the game was apparently designed around MTX and loot boxes. And of course no one mentioned that FM7 got rid of Tokens and that loot boxes were available only with in game credits. It was all about gambling mechanics.
Fear of MTX led to FM7 review bombing.

Last edited:
And why do you think they went in a “new creative direction”?
Because unlike certain other developers, they can identify when certain formulas have run their course and do something about it before releasing a flop. Also, Forza Horizon. They're at risk of Horizon becoming the main Forza franchise if they don't give Motorsport a huge jolt. Some might argue that's already the case but FM was always the main Forza franchise.

It is a weird bit of news, for certain. If they're still planning on using the previously mentioned new tyre physics with something like 12x more calculations/second, FM(8) can not possibly work on an Xbox One (or maybe it can, at 810p30)

I'm still at a loss on the name, it IS the 8th Forza Motorsport, it will still have a lot of cars, V8 swaps and Bernese Alps (right?) so how is it so different that it needs to drop the number? My only guess is that it's a GAAS with a 5+ year planned life, not 'this year's Forza Motorsport' but THE current and continuing Forza Motorsport, with no next number in the pipeline (until there suddenly is {Windows 11}). I don't imagine they'll want to anchor their upcoming long-time plan to the Xbox One but Halo Infinite does exist, anything's possible.

It is a weird bit of news, for certain. If they're still planning on using the previously mentioned new tyre physics with something like 12x more calculations/second, FM(8) can not possibly work on an Xbox One (or maybe it can, at 810p30)

I'm still at a loss on the name, it IS the 8th Forza Motorsport, it will still have a lot of cars, V8 swaps and Bernese Alps (right?) so how is it so different that it needs to drop the number? My only guess is that it's a GAAS with a 5+ year planned life, not 'this year's Forza Motorsport' but THE current and continuing Forza Motorsport, with no next number in the pipeline (until there suddenly is {Windows 11}). I don't imagine they'll want to anchor their upcoming long-time plan to the Xbox One but Halo Infinite does exist, anything's possible.
I'm sure there's a way to get the game to work on the XB1 consoles. You will just lose a lot of detail and framerate. Nothing can be worse than what CDPR did with Cyberpunk.

I think it's more of a mix of multiple reasons people have already stated in this thread. They needed an excuse to "rebrand" or "revamp" the Motorsport game. Adding an 8 to the title means it's a continuation of the previous. They also have someone new running the Motorsport games now, so I'm sure that person wants it to be their way from the ground up. I'm kinda curious how this new title will hold up compared to the previous. I haven't really been a fan of them since FM4.

Last edited:
I can see that PS5 and Xbox Series X are both really hard to find one new in retails because of shortages plus a lot of people wanted to play Gran Turismo 7 & Forza Motorsport Reboot so both get ported to PS4 & Xbox One respectively.
Well, you're not wrong. While it's true that PS5's and Xbox Series X/S consoles aren't that accessible in stores just yet, I think it's understandable that Microsoft would want to maximize the player base and profits earned from the game, which is why the possibility of an Xbox One version of FM8 is somewhat possible, but that will come at a cost such as scaling down the game's graphics and framerate to meet standards of even a base model Xbox One. I'm not sure if they'll have to compromise on physics and other technical aspects though.

Back