Forza Motorsport: Everything We Know So Far

Seeing the success of GTSport, Forza is trying to replicate and try to outdo/double down on the online Sport aspect...

Obviously with high poly count, Forza is teaming up with the Horizon tech to improve their graphics in order to best utilize RT.

Best of luck to them.

I am on the GT camp no matter what, Forza will have to really be double the quality of GT in order to have a chance at wooing me over.

Well, you can have a motorsport focus without removing the road cars honestly, or even elevating those road cars into motorsport environment.... The deeper motorsport aspect after all are the in-racing moments, the cars are just machines going on track; where normally road cars have plain color scheme and race cars are full of liveries.

Seeing the success of GTSport, Forza is trying to replicate and try to outdo/double down on the online Sport aspect...

Obviously with high poly count, Forza is teaming up with the Horizon tech to improve their graphics in order to best utilize RT.

Best of luck to them.

I am on the GT camp no matter what, Forza will have to really be double the quality of GT in order to have a chance at wooing me over.
GT has been lapped by Forza like ever.

1. No. Forza wants to focus more on motorsport.
2. No, PG and Turn10 worked together forever now.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about ray-tracing and all that jazz? It's all most of them are going on about. I just want smooth gameplay, "clear" visuals (not like FM7, more like FH3/4), better car list featuring more standard, city cars of the last 30 years with BETTER ENGINE AND EXHAUST AUDIO, a better upgrades and modification system and a lot LOT more tracks, official and unofficial. Yes graphics are great, but content, creativity and overall substance are way more important to me

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about ray-tracing and all that jazz? It's all most of them are going on about. I just want smooth gameplay, "clear" visuals (not like FM7, more like FH3/4), better car list featuring more standard, city cars of the last 30 years with BETTER ENGINE AND EXHAUST AUDIO, a better upgrades and modification system and a lot LOT more tracks, official and unofficial. Yes graphics are great, but content, creativity and overall substance are way more important to me

This. To focus more on motorsport and double down on it wouldn’t really need to cut down on content such as cars at all. What they need to do, besides adding more content and improving the technology besides graphics, physics and audio is to improve and/or overhaul many game modes and mechanics to really make it work. I can list a few examples such as:

Like I wanna see Forza race regulations on all public lobbies, and that it shouldn’t just be limited to class hoppers, but also even their respective divisions.

Another would be practice and qualifying as an option on all single and multiplayer modes (mandatory on public lobbies).

I’d also want a form of “Motorsport Blueprint”, the rough equivalent of “Horizon Blueprint” where this is a fancy term for custom championships in Free Play where you get to choose the rules set, rounds, AI opponents’ cars and even rename them (similar to Assetto Corsa, which made it very fun there).

Last edited:

I used to think like that once,then the delays happened and I've been a double agent ever since.:lol:

Honestly I would like it if it's more motorsports driven but if they haven't cleaned up and organized their classes better, if they still have a Gallardo GT3 car but not a Huracan GT3 car, or still don't have a Ferrari 488 GT3, or don't have a GT4 class, etc., etc. Then all of the ray tracing ability in the world doesn't really mean that much to me.

I love the classic race cars just as much as anyone but I don't really care how shiny a Mazda Lola looks or that you can see grains of dirt being kicked up behind it, it's still a Mazda Lola. Show me a Mazda RT24P or a Cadillac DPi or a current class LMP2 car and I will be completely impressed.

This. To focus more on motorsport and double down on it wouldn’t really need to cut down on content such as cars at all.
Well good thing it's extremely likely that's not why it's happening at all. The person that's modeling a car is not going to be the person working on features. That much should be common sense.

I just hope that Forza 8 keeps the car and track lists from 7 and expands on that a bit. There is lots to like about 7 and I hope they do not do away with those things. After playing Forza 4, 5 was a major let down let's not have a repeat of that with the next version/console.

I am not concerned on track and car list, honestly.
I am also not concerned on the graphical quality, T10 has already shown they are top notch on this field.

What T10 need to focus:

- New tire and suspension physics: I read they are working to improve these areas, and I am confident they will try to reach at least PC2 levels of simulation, still being accessible and with good handling.
Improved tire wear, tire pressure, tire flex and a revamped suspension system is all we need.

- Sound: is enough trying AC or ACC to understand what it means replicating nicely the sounds of a car. Forza is far behind on this.

- More interesting career: which is more fun and appealing to any, not just a sequence of events without any personality.

- Camera shake and adjustable FOV: these two items will dramatically improve the immersion for the internal cockpit views.

- More options for Free Play: adding qualifying options to the races, adding custom offline championships.

Of course but so did Pcars and Ride series.
Yes, there's lots of games that use lots of different engines. Not exactly sure why you're connecting it to Forza when there's been not one single hint about it. If there is a change, which there likely isn't, not one person besides those who work there will know.

Back