Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,644 comments
Being polite and thanking T10 for being included in this review cycle is perfectly normal behaviour. A good reviewer can be polite and grateful for receiving the review copy but still honest and fair in the review.
Or they could have just done that in an Email privately. Outlets will normally say "Review copy provided by Playstation" for example.

Whenever I read things like that, I see this as someone who will always want to stay on their good side, to keep getting free or early access products.

Last edited:
Or they could have just done that in an Email privately. Outlets will normally say "Review copy provided by Playstation" for example.

Whenever I read things like that, I see this as someone who will always want to stay on their good side, to keep getting free or early access products.
Because it seems like they aren't a big outlet like IGN or Gamespot. Seems like its a solo youtube channel. Those don't get review copies usually.
But Microsoft seems to be giving anyone and everyone a review copies, starting with starfield and now FM.

It looks great, gives me racer driver grid vibes and that is a GREAT thing
if the rest of OST is like that, i dare to say that will be the best OST since FM5
Hopefully without the wailing choirs during the race build-up :lol:

Last edited:
The same guy also apparently made footage of what appears to be an Acura NSX GT3 around a very wet Suzuka.

Seems like another who won't be a reviewer much longer.

There's no reason why they can't thank them publicly either, it doesn't show bias, it shows gratitude.

Side Note: If they need someone to review the performance on Cloud Gaming, I volunteer as tribute, lol.

This is the preview build.

For me all the lighting stuff (particularly Mugello) needs to be assessed with HDR enabled. Clearly the game was built for HDR much more than FM7.

Jeez, the comparison makes FM7 look like a mobile game! While not a fan, I don't remember it looking like that in my One X!
Remember this was SDR FM7 in slow motion. I bet HDR FM7 in motion you wouldn't notice those 2d trees anywhere near as much.

Last edited:
From that DF video...they really need to work on the wheels as they accelerate.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 10.25.42 AM.png

I wouldn't be worried about people that are openly thankful for receiving a review copy. I would be worried about people that are scared of giving a negative review and then getting blacklisted.

Last edited:
Laughed at him comparing RT to GT7 non-gameplay RT. Not sure what is even the point when it is not even in gameplay.

View attachment 1290422

Again, man the lighting is way better.
The wheels in FM 2023 in that part of the video are very good.

I was floored when they pointed out cube mapping vs. RT, both being used on the car at the same time and how they differ. I had no idea!

Laughed at him comparing RT to GT7 non-gameplay RT. Not sure what is even the point when it is not even in gameplay.

View attachment 1290422

Again, man the lighting is way better.
RT comes in many flavours, it's not necessarily an improvement over high quality cubemaps (or whatever tech others games use), when seen in-game.

You could make a good argument T10 should have focused on pristine 4K image quality in-game. And like PD, used a higher quality version of RT in replays. Which is the most obvious way to showcase RT, unless you always play in chase-car view.

We're still a console generation, or even mid-generation, away from games being able to implement no compromise RT reflections & shadows. Until then AAA titles will have all these graphical setting options.

RT comes in many flavours, it's not necessarily an improvement over high quality cubemaps (or whatever tech others games use), when seen in-game.

You could make a good argument T10 should have focused on pristine 4K image quality in-game. And like PD, used a higher quality version of RT in replays. Which is the most obvious way to showcase RT, unless you always play in chase-car view.

We're still a console generation, or even mid-generation, away from games being able to implement no compromise RT reflections & shadows. Until then AAA titles will have all these graphical setting options.
You're forgetting that FM2023 is coming to PC, unlike Gran Turismo.

Those RT elements are feasible on PC and will make high end PC graphics offer tangible benefits over the Series X console. Once the game releases I'm sure we'll get some amazing 4k footage from RTX4090 owners.

Last edited:
Back