Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,646 comments
Pc graphics settings and how does it run on your pc (and specs please).
Just to address this one before I get too into writing the review, this one would be pretty irrelevant for me to cover - or rather it would be pretty irrelevant for me to cover it.

My PC isn't a gaming PC; it's designed to power through general work tasks and is pretty neat at image processing and video rendering. It sits just about between the Low and High settings (Ryzen 5 3600, GTX1080, but 8GB VRAM and 32GB system RAM) so I can only really run Medium settings in 1080p. Most importantly though, it doesn't have an SSD (well, Windows is on one, but the general storage is a bunch of 2TB spinny bois), so it's just not going to be fair to the game's visuals for me to address this.

However I don't have an Xbox-compatible wheel, so my driving feel/FFB impressions will involve the PC version. Although the T-GT/T-GT II isn't supported, so it's a Logitech G923.

Catalunya no chicane

load times are impressive

Another video with no split times between car in front and behind.I know ive already mentioned it and im sorry to keep banging on about it,but ive seen it in one video only,is it something that needs to be enabled in settings menu maybe?I can think of any reason not to have it turned on in any motorsport game,hopefully it is in the final game as it goes a long way with the imersion of racing.

To add,maybe @Famine could have a look when he does his review maybe,I expect his list of queries from people is getting on a bit now.

Last edited:
Shingo is amazing. He's who I picture drives every aggressively-driven, fart-cannon-equipped Civic I've ever met. He is the archetypal Civic Guy.

Now I wonder what would the archetypal Bone Shaker Guy look like... Someone wearing a Master Chief costume or a complete Santa outfit while making a silly dance in the loading screens, probably. Wait, that's just the wild Forza Horizon Player...
I'd like to think stereotypical Hot Wheels Bone Shaker drivers would wear gingerbread costumes or something like that. Or back in FH4, the chicken costume.

I'm just so glad the online racing (as well as the single player) now have Forza race regulations enforced, as well as driver and safety ratings, in order to separate the purists from the morons, the wheat from the chaff, and all that nonsense. (Bully reference, anyone?)

Honestly, the SUV's, pickup trucks and other such heavy vehicles (even as far as the Honda Odyssey) really weren't the problem in the first place. They're heavy, yes, but it doesn't mean you can't have clean racing with them.

It's these kinds of people who use them to terrorize other drivers, the lack of any etiquette enforcement (Forza race regulations were still in their infancy in FM7, plus they were not widespread in the online modes), and not to mention the horrible collision physics.

Thank goodness in FM8, most of us will get to race online with some peace of mind.

Last edited:
I really wonder how the new collision physics feel now with FM8, or if it's still like FM7 where one minor tap, especially on an online race, could severely disrupt the victims' racing lines.

One of the previews, might have been HokiHoshi, suggested they may have some creative collision physics that transfer much of the crash momentum towards the car initiating contact, so if you rear end someone, you become really unstable instead, will be interesting how this plays out.

@Bogie 19th assume you have an Xbox, have you tried remote play from the Xbox app? I've not used it outside of my house but assumed it would work, and wouldn't need to wait for the 10th

Another video with no split times between car in front and behind.I know ive already mentioned it and im sorry to keep banging on about it,but ive seen it in one video only,is it something that needs to be enabled in settings menu maybe?I can think of any reason not to have it turned on in any motorsport game,hopefully it is in the final game as it goes a long way with the imersion of racing.
I may be misremembering, but I think in FM7 the split times default to off in AI racing and on in multiplayer online racing.

”AM“ for Astin Martin and “P.” for Porsche? I guess there wasn’t enough room in the car column to write it in full?

Is QA yet again an afterthought? (After the horrendous menu structure of The Crew MF)

IMG_1565.jpeg

One of the previews, might have been HokiHoshi, suggested they may have some creative collision physics that transfer much of the crash momentum towards the car initiating contact, so if you rear end someone, you become really unstable instead, will be interesting how this plays out.
You realize that if this were to be done, the griefers will simply brake-check people instead of ramming them?

Last edited:
You realize that if this were to be done, the griefers will simply brake-check people instead of ramming them?

I'm just reporting on what HokiHoshi mentioned, you can watch the portion of the video here:

Last edited:
The cut of performance SUVs makes no sense whatsoever. SUVs are the biggest segment right now, and there are so many amazing performance models that can keep up with or even outperform the sport luxury sedans, hot hatches and sports/super cars.

Just because the small "wE hATe suVs!!!" crowd on social media is loud, doesn't mean they should've removed them. A Trackhwak or a Urus is as much at home on a track as an RS6 or an M5, so might as well cut the sport luxury sedans as well in this case.

The proper offroaders, buggies, trophy trucks and such absolutely have no place in the game unless there is proper offroading racing, which there isn't of course, so no need for them.

But the performance SUVs are asphalt queens anyway, and have been a part of Forza since FM3 at the earliest, so cutting them completely is ridiculous, bring them back dammit.
Can you link to any SUV racing footage on YouTube or similar, yet to witness any?

I may be misremembering, but I think in FM7 the split times default to off in AI racing and on in multiplayer online racing.
Fingers crossed with that,weve only got a few days to wait now.GT7 gives you individual sector times also.Im not trying to make comparisons with other games but its pretty important in a racing game.

”AM“ for Astin Martin and “P.” for Porsche? I guess there wasn’t enough room in the car column to write it in full?

Is QA yet again an afterthought? (After the horrendous menu structure of The Crew MF)

View attachment 1292196
Short naming in Forza has always been atrocious honestly. Worst issue is that is not only not consistent across brands, but even across models of the same brand, or different gens of the same car.

Let's say the limit is 13 characters, spaces included. Definitely not enough for all brands and models, since in some cases info needs to be squeezed in in weird ways, so as a starting point they should use 15 at the very least, but anyway...

What follows is an issue I'm sure many auction house users have. Since you don't get a full menu to browse the models (you do get one for the brands at least...) not only you have to scroll one by one until you find what you're looking for, most of the time you don't even know what you're looking at certain points.

Let's take BMW for example. How some of the M's are named, in order of scroll? (hopefully everything matches the English texts):

BMW M3-GTR
BMW M3 '05
BMW M3 '08
BMW M3 '97
BMW M3 OF 2021
BMW M4 '14
BMW M4 '16
BMW M4 2021
BMW M5 '03
BMW M5 '09
BMW M5 '12
BMW M5 '18
BMW M5 '88
BMW M5 '95

At least BMW is always present, sometimes in brands like McLaren, for short models you get Brand+Model, sometimes, just the model. But anyway, the mix-up is clear, everything out of order (years are just mixed), sometimes the year is fully written, sometimes not, sometimes they connect the year and the model with an 'of' (at least in Spanish, it would read BMW 3 DE 2021) and since no pictures are used, and no chassis codes are written, good luck knowing your stuff, you better do.

Oh wait...some M3's are missing. Let's scroll to the beginning of the list, way past the other M's , shall we?:

BMW E30 '91
BMW E92 M3 GTS

There you go, talking about chassis numbers. If you jump straight to M3, you'll never find the E30 and the E92 GTS. The order changes every time, and I'm honest when I say I had to spend several minutes finding what I was looking for, even if I knew everything about the car (name, year, chassis code/gen...) I would love a new system developed at one point, the current one is just way too messy.

Last edited:
There aren't any SUV's at launch. Guess it will take a while before we see them again.
Have you raced SUVs in FM7 then?

I love the SUVs in Horizon, and race them all the time on dirt, cross-country and even road races... However every time I try racing them in FM7 I just get bored with their weight, body roll and generally mediocreness as serious track racing vehicles.

So personally, despite being a huge Horizon SUV fan, I think they won't be missed in Motorsport.

P.S.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind SUVs, and there is such a thing as track-oriented, asphalt-only SUVs, but yeah... As cars to be raced, if not "proper" race cars, their place is firmly offroad where they make the most sense. I love the Lamborghini Urus but if you take off the offroad rubber it's not as special.

Now, pick-up trucks on the other hand... all the way up to NASCAR truck-series vehicles? Yes please.

Last edited:
Can you change the environment, like in GT7 or is it always pitch black? I didn't play FM7 much.
Upgrading in GT7 isn't even done in an environment, it's done in a menu.

Painting is almost definitely not done in this dark space, if that's what you meant.

Last edited:
Back