Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,644 comments
I had been not active here beacuse i kinda gave up of the game, I feel the devlopment will be killed in a few months and the regret wont go away, probally until (if) next forza motorsport turns better (if we even have one)

Community wide the game is trashed by everyone, dude that made video trashing the game few months ago made another trashing video and spilling the same 6 years lie (when is more than confirmed that isnt) with stupid drama and ends up getting more views than people that are playing the game and enjoying it genuinally

My sadness and depression with this game (and the future of xbox overall) are so big that I had not even had the courage to renew gamepass to play other games online, if Forza exists in the future, I am sure at this point that likely will be just Horizon and the future of trackracers will be of a Gran Turismo monopoly, and considering how GT7 was bed, its likely that GT8 will be evenm worst with Polyphone getting into confort zone...

Its sad when you try to support a game even with its problems, but ends up too much to help turn around alone... the game has became worst than a laughting spot at this point, people just kick it around like was a can of soda...

It's sad that what others think affects how much you are willing to enjoy a game. If you feel that way about Xbox I don't know what to tell you but maybe you're taking gaming social media a bit too seriously.

You'd do better to just ignore that kind of content, it's the same old tired people hunting for engagement, they're trying to tell you the game is dead or dying, but you know what? If I can jump online and still hit packed lobbies, and I'm enjoying the game, then that's all that matters.

Like I care what the "influencers" rant on YouTube or everywhere else. Admittedly, the game now is what it should have been at the release date, but 6 months of updates have brought undeniable improvements. Of course, there are lots of areas of improvement still to address (the AI drivers, first and foremost), but the game is good enough at this point. There is no GT monopoly on track racing because: 1) it's exclusive to the PlayStation platform; 2) is not released/will ever be released on Xbox platforms; 3) is not released on PC (and I don't think they will ever dare to).

Last edited:
I had been not active here beacuse i kinda gave up of the game, I feel the devlopment will be killed in a few months and the regret wont go away, probally until (if) next forza motorsport turns better (if we even have one)

Community wide the game is trashed by everyone, dude that made video trashing the game few months ago made another trashing video and spilling the same 6 years lie (when is more than confirmed that isnt) with stupid drama and ends up getting more views than people that are playing the game and enjoying it genuinally

My sadness and depression with this game (and the future of xbox overall) are so big that I had not even had the courage to renew gamepass to play other games online, if Forza exists in the future, I am sure at this point that likely will be just Horizon and the future of trackracers will be of a Gran Turismo monopoly, and considering how GT7 was bed, its likely that GT8 will be evenm worst with Polyphone getting into confort zone...

Its sad when you try to support a game even with its problems, but ends up too much to help turn around alone... the game has became worst than a laughting spot at this point, people just kick it around like was a can of soda...

Thats a depressing post. No one knows what the future of FM and Xbox in general looks like. All we are really left to do is wait and see and also look at whats happening currently. Is it the best times right now as a gamer who grew up on the forza franchise? Not quite. But is the game only about 7 months old with probably years ahead of it? Most likely yes. Im not going to fully defend T10 because this game at launch especially and even now is still a bit of a mess at times and not where we can fully enjoy it but I have seen them make some strides and fix quite a few things in that span. Check back in about 6 months and then we will see where this game lies in terms of its issues, content, and fun factor.

Just enjoy the game… for me I’m still waiting for some private multiplayer option and other goodies to be implemented, but the game has gotten a lot better! I give them credit for that… we just got to let them continue to make the game better. I don’t care what others think if I’m having fun with the game that all that matters.

I prefer to use my own judgement into deciding if a game is good and don't put too much into over the top titled threads or video's. There is legitimate issues with the game and it's on Turn 10 to fix them, but there's also been a lot of piling on and group think that attributes every issue to the fault of the game. Having the game on both the XBOX and PC, for the last few weeks the game has been stable and not having the game crashes that I was experiencing before.

I'm having a problem with VRAM usage being exceeded during the race (warning), but in the settings it's not using even 6 GB. Is anyone else having this problem?
Use an overlay like MSI Afterburner, Radeon's Adrenaline, or whatever Nvidia cards use to see your actual VRAM usage. The highest consumers of VRAM are the dynamic rendering setting on ultra (the only time I got the VRAM warning, but I was just testing), followed by scale resolution and track textures.

Last edited:

I wouldn't put any sort of thought into that video.

As @syphe has said, it's someone hunting for engagement. Need proof? Look at his past videos. He was very clearly a FH5 player putting out different advice videos for FH5, some of which gained good engagement. Then he switch his content to more negative/"exposing" videos not involving Forza & his viewership for each video skyrocketed. The fact that video hasn't reached anywhere near the same viewership shows he's just hunting for content; this game is 6-months old now & he's put out a video everyone else already made during the game's release, things of which have been addressed and/or improved upon.

Don't pay it any mind. Just keep enjoying the game as is.

Thats a depressing post. No one knows what the future of FM and Xbox in general looks like. All we are really left to do is wait and see and also look at whats happening currently. Is it the best times right now as a gamer who grew up on the forza franchise? Not quite. But is the game only about 7 months old with probably years ahead of it? Most likely yes. Im not going to fully defend T10 because this game at launch especially and even now is still a bit of a mess at times and not where we can fully enjoy it but I have seen them make some strides and fix quite a few things in that span. Check back in about 6 months and then we will see where this game lies in terms of its issues, content, and fun factor.
For me, as a single player player, this game needs one thing only. A CAREER MODE. Builders Cup is objectively poor (EVERYONE who mentions it agrees with this - i've not seen ONE comment saying otherwise in 7 months).

Due to GaaS we're "given" the holed out career mode two hours a week (if you do the practice laps) or 1 hour (if you just do the 8 races [I'm including Featured Tour and Open Tour events averaging across 4 weeks). Actually we're getting 4/5 of an hour a week for this "tour".

48 minutes per week is pitiful in my opinion (when there's no substantial career mode to start with). If there was a substantial career mode, it would be different (to me atleast)

Unfortunately, this is now the "normal" (see GT7, FH4, FH5 etc...) so it is not at all FM23's issue alone, it's nearly all driving games under the current game structures (EA WRC being the 2023 exception that proves the rule).

@PJTierney Please tell your colleagues EVERY SINGLE DAY not to go down this route in any EA driving game 🙏

Imagine getting the next game in the FFVII trilogy 48 minutes per week. Or even Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield! If this strategy isn't viable for them, why do people believe it's different for a driving game?

Peesumably the stats are saying to the game bosses that people "prefer" playing 60 minutes per week, but IF YOU ONLY GIVE PEOPLE 60 minutes content, they will only ever play 60 minutes. So you're inventing your own stats by what you give the gamer?

Sorry for the rant!
I'm just tired of holed out games being released and this game is no different.

@SDSmurf The difficulty with saying "play something you enjoy" for me is that almost EVERY career mode in driving games is the same. So I'm left with very little alternative. How can i enjoy driving games when almost every career mode is the same (I.e. objectively poor). I WOULD play driving games I enjoy, if there actually were any. The closest I've got to that is the rally games, but i really struggle with trying to get through the stages which makes the difficulty level much higher on these and I end up rage quitting a lot unfortunately ( to me, they are the Dark Souls of driving games :lol: )

Please let me know all the driving games that released in 2022 and 2023 with a good career mode and I'll play them gladly.

I'm close to the point where I abandon driving games for ever (having been 90% of my gaming for >20 years).

Last edited:
Looks like there was a Forza Friday stream on twitch of T10 playing update 8, 2hrs long I'm gonna have to make some time to watch it but sounds like there's some interesting discussion about what the future holds

Going to compile some notes from the stream, I've watched it so you don't have to.

• Ramming issues remain a focus
  • Radar is is still in focus (clearly they're not just going to keep the arrows)
  • AI improvements in update 8 including mostly fixing brake checking behaviour
  • matchmaking still needs work, currently prioritises lobby size instead of ratings
  • MP tuning may change, options being looked at so players can just jump into races with no tuning required to remain competitive
  • more transparency around MP weather changes will come, to help keep races fair
  • GT division sounds like it's going to get split up to make it more meaningful
  • Spectator mode is coming but no ETA
  • Manual grid ordering and tire wear multipliers in the works, no ETA
  • Ghosting improvements in the pipeline for ramming, multi car collisions and track rejoins
  • UDP data out improvements also being looked at

Last edited:
I prefer to use my own judgement into deciding if a game is good and don't put too much into over the top titled threads or video's. There is legitimate issues with the game and it's on Turn 10 to fix them, but there's also been a lot of piling on and group think that attributes every issue to the fault of the game. Having the game on both the XBOX and PC, for the last few weeks the game has been stable and not having the game crashes that I was experiencing before.
This.100%. I tend not to let YT vids decide for me if a game is good or bad,I have a few regulars I watch but ultimately make my own mind up.Back when I started gaming on a C64,then Amiga,mega drive etc all we had was magazine reviews to get info about games.Sure ive bought a few stinkers over the years but thats just me,games were a lot cheaper then as well.
The games got its issues but for me on XSX it is better now than at release,a bit more career would be good but there you go.
The comment about blaming everything on the game is spot on,once one person starts it snowballs on and on,after a while it does get tiring reading the same stuff over and over.If you want real negativity or toxic even have a look over on FM.net,I swear its the new gamefaqs. :lol:

I'm close to the point where I abandon driving games for ever (having been 90% of my gaming for >20 years).
I do free play races inspired by years of gaming, one make mini race at night (GT Legends) Ford GT, Maple Valley at Night (GT 4 opening), FM 2 - 4 cover car races etc. If you think what would I do for a career, you should get plenty of ideas. Start tomorrow with the Sunday Cup :D

Last edited:
Going to compile some notes from the stream, I've watched it so you don't have to.

• Radar is is still in focus (clearly they're not just going to keep the arrows)
  • matchmaking still needs work, currently prioritises lobby size instead of ratings
  • MP tuning may change, options being looked at so players can just jump into races with no tuning required to remain competitive
  • more transparency around MP weather changes will come, to help keep races fair
  • Ghosting improvements in the pipeline for ramming, multi car collisions and track rejoins
Damn sounds like some great stuff they are working on or at least recognize. For me the continuous AI tweaks and honestly all thats left to fix is the brake checking issue and the faster cars overtaking a slower car. Other then that the AI has vastly improved between updates 6 and 7, having great races now for the most part. And finally GT division looks to get split up I cant wait for that along with manual grid ordering. I just hope update 8 comes with a lot more then just 4 recycled spotlight cars and 2-3 new reward cars and 10 non endurance race series since we are not getting a track in May.

It’s best that you take a step back from the online discourse. The Youtube influencers are not worth the time or energy to engage with.

This game certainly isn’t perfect, but T10 have indicated that they are taking constructive feedback seriously and are overall making good progress following through. The devs have made clear that the changes will be gradual and things won’t change in the flip of a switch.

Plenty of games that were ‘trashed’ at launch have bounced back and public opinion is more positive. Just on top of my head, there’s Cyberpunk, No Man’s Sky, Fallout 76 and Battlefront 2. Driveclub went from being somewhat run of the mill to one of the most beloved games in the genre.

Now don’t get me wrong, there is still lots of work that needs to be done, and it’s been laid out time and time again in this thread. But I have faith that T10/MS will keep going and they’ll make plenty of strides forward by the end of the year and into 2025 and beyond. I know that’s a long timetable, especially for particularly desperate influencers, but I recognize, and indeed T10 have acknowleged that change doesn’t happen overnight.

For me, as a single player player, this game needs one thing only. A CAREER MODE. Builders Cup is objectively poor (EVERYONE who mentions it agrees with this - i've not seen ONE comment saying otherwise in 7 months).

Due to GaaS we're "given" the holed out career mode two hours a week (if you do the practice laps) or 1 hour (if you just do the 8 races [I'm including Featured Tour and Open Tour events averaging across 4 weeks). Actually we're getting 4/5 of an hour a week for this "tour".

48 minutes per week is pitiful in my opinion (when there's no substantial career mode to start with). If there was a substantial career mode, it would be different (to me atleast)

Unfortunately, this is now the "normal" (see GT7, FH4, FH5 etc...) so it is not at all FM23's issue alone, it's nearly all driving games under the current game structures (EA WRC being the 2023 exception that proves the rule).

@PJTierney Please tell your colleagues EVERY SINGLE DAY not to go down this route in any EA driving game 🙏

Imagine getting the next game in the FFVII trilogy 48 minutes per week. Or even Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield! If this strategy isn't viable for them, why do people believe it's different for a driving game?

Peesumably the stats are saying to the game bosses that people "prefer" playing 60 minutes per week, but IF YOU ONLY GIVE PEOPLE 60 minutes content, they will only ever play 60 minutes. So you're inventing your own stats by what you give the gamer?

Sorry for the rant!
I'm just tired of holed out games being released and this game is no different.

@SDSmurf The difficulty with saying "play something you enjoy" for me is that almost EVERY career mode in driving games is the same. So I'm left with very little alternative. How can i enjoy driving games when almost every career mode is the same (I.e. objectively poor). I WOULD play driving games I enjoy, if there actually were any. The closest I've got to that is the rally games, but i really struggle with trying to get through the stages which makes the difficulty level much higher on these and I end up rage quitting a lot unfortunately ( to me, they are the Dark Souls of driving games :lol: )

Please let me know all the driving games that released in 2022 and 2023 with a good career mode and I'll play them gladly.

I feel your pain. Try Free race. I get good racing at Le Mans with Group C cars. One or two hours of pure fun.

Huh. Well ain’t this an interesting list of things that’s being worked on.

One thing I'd love in Forza Motorsport but I'm not sure if it'd work, would be the ability to slow down or do good moves to serve penalties. I'm not sure if it would be abusable though so I don't know it'd be implementable.

Beyond the obvious things to fix in this game, some small things I would like to see
  • Be able to have the current car selected, show in main garage, instead of nested in My Cars
  • In Free Play/Advanced/add weather slots for scripting weather
  • In Upgrade & Tune/Performance- be able to rotate or tab through views of car when selecting parts
  • In Free Play, after racing event is over, screen that shows to continue, watch replay etc., add option to modify custom event
  • In Design & Paint/Find Designs- be able to preview livery's before finalizing, like previous games
  • At Race screen when playing career or custom race allow option to show car names instead of user names
  • At Race screen, add last lap time, option to expand leader board to show more cars in full order, this is because as it currently only shows 4 lines, P2 & etc., don't show, so you wouldn't know what pit stop there on
  • Tags that show over other cars or leader board show what current tire is selected
  • Option to turn off visible damage, when playing career or custom race (Because AI is so bad at turn 1:))
  • On Difficulty settings page, on Expert Rules, maybe Sport Rules change Start & Skip Practice to Qualifying
  • Add replay on Test Track
  • Add High/Low beam lights and flasher
  • In pit menu when selecting tires/fuel show at left side of page where it's blank leader board & track map below
  • At Race Scree add proximity radar (obviously)
  • In Free Play menu when creating a custom race show at top the current car selected Specs PI, HP etc., & what category it is in
  • On photos & Replay saves, the game needs to generate a file name that the user can either except or override.
  • On track map show numbers or colors for cars P1, P2 & P3
  • Whether in career mode or Free Play where track map is shown before gameplay, show TOD for sunrise and sunset
Forza Motorsport 2024-03-31 16-18-15.00_04_18_33.Still001-marked.jpg
Forza Motorsport 2024-04-10 00-46-03-marked.png

Forza Motorsport 2024-04-10 00-58-42.00_00_23_52.Still001-marked.jpg
Forza Motorsport 2024-04-10 01-05-22-marked.png

Last edited:
Damn sounds like some great stuff they are working on or at least recognize. For me the continuous AI tweaks and honestly all thats left to fix is the brake checking issue and the faster cars overtaking a slower car. Other then that the AI has vastly improved between updates 6 and 7, having great races now for the most part. And finally GT division looks to get split up I cant wait for that along with manual grid ordering. I just hope update 8 comes with a lot more then just 4 recycled spotlight cars and 2-3 new reward cars and 10 non endurance race series since we are not getting a track in May.
I noticed something last night that I don't remember seeing before. On standing starts the AI cars bogged down badly. So much that I was able to just zip right through them up into 2nd place once and into the lead on another occasion. I don't remember that happening before. Yes you might have one or two of them bog down but not 8 out the top 10.

This is the kind of transparency that I've wanted for months and months, maybe even years. Some actual things they're working on and might come to the game instead of "stay tuned, we'll have more to reveal in the coming months".

I noticed something last night that I don't remember seeing before. On standing starts the AI cars bogged down badly. So much that I was able to just zip right through them up into 2nd place once and into the lead on another occasion. I don't remember that happening before. Yes you might have one or two of them bog down but not 8 out the top 10.
I havent noticed too much at least in career mode and in freeplay I almost always use rolling start just to avoid issues like that. I watched the twitch video and they did say theres a lot of AI fixes coming so maybe thats one of them.

Back