Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,695 comments
Yeah me maybe you're right, the olds tracks will be great with the new physics
Well, to be completely fair here, not all tracks match well with all cars. COTA as an example, was designed with F1 in mind of course, but also for Grand Prix motorcycles, so something like those, or IndyCars, prototypes, some of the fast older race cars, can hit the right lines that it has a rythym and flow in places, where if you like muscle cars or vintage hot hatches or what have you, they're just going to feel a bit lost, and turns that are big sweepers to the fast cars with mega downforce turn into a seemingly never-ending chore. On the opposite end, some of your tighter and twistier tracks that are good fun driving an MX-5, the faster cars can and do race them in real life but can start to feel a bit preposterously fast and be a bit tricky to do wheel to wheel racing with.

But yeah, the new engine at least makes things like holding some slip angle around some of those big sweepers possible, so it would be great fun. Any track is going to feel better now, really.

Last edited:
I want Willow Springs :nervous: I don't get why some people dislike it, I love the setting.
Star Wars Sand GIF by Leroy Patterson

I want Willow Springs :nervous: I don't get why some people dislike it, I love the setting.
The FM AI probably wouldn't cope with the last corner as it stands though.

I played some PC 2 the other night and this was the first track I revisited.
My memory is terrible but Ive played PC2 for 6 years and I don't remember Willow Springs being in the game.

I thought it was only in GT Sport and GT7

Please tell me you made a mistake or I'm going to have to tell my wife she's right about how bad my memory is.

My memory is terrible but Ive played PC2 for 6 years and I don't remember Willow Springs being in the game.

I thought it was only in GT Sport and GT7

Please tell me you made a mistake or I'm going to have to tell my wife she's right about how bad my memory is.
Your wife is as right about yours as my wife is about mine I'm afraid!

Wow, once again my wife was right.

I have no idea how I missed this. I've made so many posts about PC2 telling people who have never played it that they could play it for years without seeing every track and every car and it looks like that's what happened to me.

Have to fire up the PS5 when I get home and do something on Willow Springs. Can't wait to compare it to GT7

The FM AI probably wouldn't cope with the last corner as it stands though.

I played some PC 2 the other night and this was the first track I revisited.
I'm glad you mentioned Willow Springs on PC2 so now I can go revisit that game.

All I know is that for me, it's very difficult on GT7. If you love the track then you are definitely more skilled than me

"As a reminder, community voting is one element considered when a track location receives the green light for Forza Motorsport, and like cars, there are several steps required before it can be considered final and introduced to the game. Track development milestones include licensing approval, laser scanning and photogrammetry, environment art and 3D asset creation, as well as the integration of track limits, AI driving lines and other gameplay features."

Maybe they need to reduce the '15 lines' (touted before release) to just 3, as the AI can't even stay on the track. And I wonder if this is one reason why we don't get career races with some of the other car divisions, as the AI simply can't cope, at least in my experience in free play races.
This has been the problem with forza`s AI since the beginning; they are putting way too much into the AI`s "heads" instead of just focusing on performance and just clean racing.

Making compatible fast AI is actually quite easy, I know bcs I`ve done it way back in the SCGT days.
The blind AI`s totally depends on a tracks "waypoits" where they`re told what to do. Some tracks have good waypoints while others could be improved. But there`s another side to this too; the cars handlig or setup, grip & balance.

There were only three "lines" in SportsCar GT, I zeroed out two of them to make the AI focused. Now they started racing like if they meant buisness but many cars handled so bad they went off. (like we see some "tuned" cars do in freeplay in FM23)
So I started working on car-physics. The result here was impressive even to me, the AI-drivers was wery compatible, almost like racing skilled humans. And if I pushed the difficulty-barall the way out they would start making mistakes, just like irl.

Btw, my SCGT-files are still awayable;)

Last edited:
VIR with FM23's physics is much better than how VIR was in FM7. In the new game, I really got the hang of all layouts that the game throws at me. FM7 if it involved the infield at all, I skipped it. Now I absolutely love racing at VIR!
In FM7 I only ran the full circuit so having to run the other sections in FM23 is new to me. Can't say I'm a fan of any of the other layouts. Each time something other than the full circuit comes up in the challenges it's "on no not again".

I was there for the 12hrs 😎 and man was it fun watching all the battles in the LMDH class and GTD Pro. I really want to be able to recreate that in FM to the best of the games ability soon as they add it back in. Hopefully sooner then later
I was never a fan of Sebring, especially on the old physics, it's just so flat, and I always found it hard to judge those sweeping corners that don't have curbs.

Bathurst is definitely a must, I'm surprised it's not already present considering Xbox was a partner for last year's Bathurst 1000.

I'm glad you mentioned Willow Springs on PC2 so now I can go revisit that game.

All I know is that for me, it's very difficult on GT7. If you love the track then you are definitely more skilled than me
Nah, I've just run the track so many times going back to GT6, it's similar to how I like Laguna Seca but I can't nail every corner, every lap. But it's an enjoyable challenge and not a frustrating one. I think there are much harder tracks in PC 2.

I love doing a one make race with the Carrera at Rouen Les Essarts but it always ends in tears with those white little curbs.

Why we need Sebring: (and later Bathurst!!)

Sebring is just a matter of time. And while I appreciate its importance, personally I hope tracks in some other countries appear first.
I'm torn whether Bathurst would be better before or after they hopefully fix the AI :lol:

I'm also torn by the 'Rexy' livery, I normally hate the novelty fan created liveries in Forza but can't help but love that.

Last edited:
I'm also torn by the 'Rexy' livery, I normally hate the novelty fan created liveries in Forza but can't help but love that.
I really like what AO Racing has done with their cars, and their social presence. Just makes them stand out from the crowd, and in a world that's usually pretty buttoned down and professional, they're having fun with it and so are their fans. Five year old me loves Spike the Oreca Dragon. Hoping someone with talent makes that one in Forza, I made one and keep tweaking it but I'm not a great painter to start with and that one is a surprising challenge.

Did a few races with the Toyota GT One last night 😍

This is one of the things GT does better, in the sense that this car, which has a history with the franchise, just arrived via update and they made a bit of fuss about it.
In FM the car is just there among the others, with no sense of what makes it special.

I wish we could get back to the FM4 presentation where some cars got the full Autovista treatment. That felt special.

Anyways to LeMans I go (where else?)

Last edited:
This is one of the things GT does better, in the sense that this car, which has a history with the franchise, just arrived via update and they made a bit of fuss about it.
In FM the car is just there among the others, with no sense of what makes it special.

I wish we could get back to the FM4 presentation where some cars got the full Autovista treatment. That felt special.

Anyways to LeMans I go (where else?)
Suzuka, before the big day?

To be fair T10 have made a little more effort this time, the intros to the career races/tours are nice and the race engineer/spotter shares some history about the tracks. In fact I did a one make race with the 50s Mercedes Coupe on the Nurburgring GP track last night only for her to tell me the track was opened with a one make Mercedes 190 E race. But I still think BOTH games could do so much more with their content.

Last edited:
Back