Forza Motorsport Review: Rebooted and Resuited

• Thread starter Famine
  • 196 comments
Spent the last couple of days with this at a friends place and I can't believe how badly they missed such an open goal.

It has no character at all, very very bland game.

Just avoid what GT7 did = profit. Fluffed it, amazing.

Last edited:
I think the ‘lack of character’ thing is a bit of a misnomer. What’s character anyway? Gran Turismo has this quirky, self-aware affectation that seems slightly stuck in the late 1990s these days and includes stupid stuff like the ridiculously rigged roulette tickets, the menu book thing…Forza started to go a bit down that path too and personally I’m glad they seem to have moved back away from it with this one. Just let us race cars.

My main concern with this game is how low is the impact of rain and a wet track has on the physics, I can barely feel a difference and make the tires strategy almost pointless
I wish this will be work in the future
After PC 2, I'm kind of glad lol. But I have upgraded the 60s mini with racing tires and I did a free play event in rain but forgot to put on wets and it was harder than PC 2!! Maybe it was just the car or a heavy storm or me getting used to the game lol but you could try something similar.

My main concern with this game is how low is the impact of rain and a wet track has on the physics, I can barely feel a difference and make the tires strategy almost pointless
I wish this will be work in the future
I can definitely feel a difference if the rain gets heavier. I started a race with a damp track and then it became a downpour and my lap times dropped about 5-6 seconds. But I didn't look at which tires I was starting on. Does it automatically equip wets if the track starts as damp?

I can definitely feel a difference if the rain gets heavier. I started a race with a damp track and then it became a downpour and my lap times dropped about 5-6 seconds. But I didn't look at which tires I was starting on. Does it automatically equip wets if the track starts as damp?
If there's going to be any sort of rain during a career race, I think the game does put you on wets. I've never stopped to look, but I probably will now that you've mentioned it.

Last edited:
If there's going to be any sort of rain during a career race, I think the game does put you on wets. I've never stopped to look, but I probably will now that you've mentioned it.
I do remember that when the race starts and they show you the pole sitter it shows what tires they are equipped with and they were showing wets so that's why I assume everyone was on wets. I certainly didn't lose any time at the beginning like I was on dry and the were on wet.

After PC 2, I'm kind of glad lol. But I have upgraded the 60s mini with racing tires and I did a free play event in rain but forgot to put on wets and it was harder than PC 2!! Maybe it was just the car or a heavy storm or me getting used to the game lol but you could try something similar.
I found the same when I accidentally had dry tyres on for a wet race at Spa, had to exit and do it again with wet tyres, there was no chance of keeping up with the hardest AI when they had wets and I didn't.

Ok, I have to try, but coming from GT7 it's quite surprising, even on sport tire in GT7 with rain it's pretty difficult to get some grip

FM 2023 changed the car leveling -- T10 reads the comments/feedback on steam ? Now the level 33 car has all upgrade part unlocked.
Screenshot 2023-10-19 082046.png

Last edited:
The Track Exotics cup that just opened up proved me wrong.

Race started on Mediums at Hakone, but it did start raining halfway through. By the last 2 laps, I noticed I was not quite able to carry as much speed through the last two turns.

FM 2023 changed the car leveling -- T10 reads the comments/feedback on steam ? Now the level 33 car has all upgrade part unlocked.
View attachment 1296359
Yeah, that was in patch 1.1. All upgrades are available by level 25 now, but you may need to level further to get enough car points to use the upgrades you want (level 50 gives you 9000 car points still).

Yeah, that was in patch 1.1. All upgrades are available by level 25 now, but you may need to level further to get enough car points to use the upgrades you want (level 50 gives you 9000 car points still).
The max points varies. I've had a car over 11,000 on level 49

Back